Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ BOOK TALKS > The First Romance I Read Was...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Do you still remember he first romance you read?

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle My first romance was Love Story by Erich Segal . I was about 11, I think.

message 3: by Pang (last edited Sep 17, 2012 09:20AM) (new)

Pang | 93 comments My first romance was Dream Man by Linda Howard . I was 17.

If U like Contemporary Romance. I recommend Against the Rules by Linda Howard .. and.. After the Night by Linda Howard .. These are my favorite Linda Howard books!! :)

Alpha hero + Lively strong heroine + Love/Hate relationship. Touching books!!

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I've never read any of Linda Howard's books before. I'm sure checking it out. Thanks for rec.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Comeaux | 20 comments I think my first romance was Double Love, the first book in the Sweet Valley High series. It was my older sister's book, and I was only about eight years old. It started my love of YA romance early, lol!

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Nice... :) I remembered we didn't have any romance around the house when I was young. My parents read mostly non-fictions *boring* lol...

message 7: by Trisha (new)

Trisha LOL! My mom only read Stephen King books when I was a teen, so not a lot of romance stories there.

I don't think I can remember my first romance book....so sad... :( I wish I could though!

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Maybe someone has been reading romance since she was so young to remember :D

message 9: by Beatrice (new)

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Beatrice wrote: "Nights In Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks"

How was it?

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) It was good. but tragic. :|

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Beatrice wrote: "It was good. but tragic. :|"

Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I don't mind tragic books X) bcuz there is never HEA in real life either !!!

message 13: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Nicholas Sparks books are tear jerkers.

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle He's extremely good at that!

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm a huge fan of his novels :D

message 16: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments I think my first romance or the first I can remember was Elixir by Hilary Duff.(pretty good book!)

message 17: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments The strange thing is that I've never read a Nicholas Sparks book. Well, I've got to now! Haha!

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Evelyn wrote: "The strange thing is that I've never read a Nicholas Sparks book. Well, I've got to now! Haha!"

I never read his books either.

message 19: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (deepika3) Evelyn wrote: "The strange thing is that I've never read a Nicholas Sparks book. Well, I've got to now! Haha!"

Oh u shud.. Start with walk to remember or the last song :D I loved them1

message 20: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Nicholas Sparks is a must read. :) but prepare some tissue papers.. just in case.

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I wan to read his "The Lucky One" because I haven't watched the movie yet.

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) "The Lucky One" was good and "Safe Haven" which will become a movie next year.

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Good to know! :)

message 24: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 94 comments I think The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) by Meg Cabot was my first romance book.
I was 11 when I started reading this series and I fell in love immidiately with Mia and her friends... I read the entire series, and I highly recommend it for tweens.

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Sapir wrote: "I think The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) by Meg Cabot was my first romance book.
I was 11 when I started reading this series and I fell in love immidiately with Mia and her friends... I read the entire se..."

Never read the books :D But I liked the movies :)

message 26: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 94 comments The movies are nothing like the books...
The books are WAY better (:

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle So I guess I should read the books then :D

message 28: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Sapir wrote: "The movies are nothing like the books...
The books are WAY better (:"

True but some movies are way better than the book. :)

message 29: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Rabinowitz (naomirabinowitz) | 8 comments OK, let me start this by saying that I am OLD -- 38. So my love affair (pun intended) with YA romance began wayyyy back in the '80s. Back then, it was all about the Sweet Valley High series and Harlequin Romances. My parents' friend worked for some publishing house so he got me stacks of these books for free and I devoured them. I thought that Jessica and Liz were the coolest because Liz always had the steady boyfriend and Jess always had a hot date.

message 30: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Naomi wrote: "OK, let me start this by saying that I am OLD -- 38. So my love affair (pun intended) with YA romance began wayyyy back in the '80s. Back then, it was all about the Sweet Valley High series and Har..."

Nah.. you are not old :) I have never read Sweet Valley High, but I have read a few Harlequins :D

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie | 49 comments I don't exactly remember when I read my first romance, probably around 12 or 13. I think it was Jane Eyre, but I was completely hooked on regency romances when I was a teen.

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Comeaux | 20 comments Naomi wrote: "OK, let me start this by saying that I am OLD -- 38. So my love affair (pun intended) with YA romance began wayyyy back in the '80s. Back then, it was all about the Sweet Valley High series and Har..."

Then I'm old, too, because SVH was my first love, also :) Did you ever read the Caitlin series by Francine Pascal? I loved those, too!

message 33: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments @Naomi I know those books were published back in the 80s, but I read them in the 21st century! I am yet to read SVH, but I have read Sweet Valley Twins, their middle school adventures

message 34: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments My first would have to be The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot , I love Meg Cabot books :)

message 35: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "My first would have to be The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, I love Meg Cabot books :)"

I love this cover :D

message 36: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments I do too, they are the UK covers :)

message 37: by Omnia (new)

Omnia Romeo and Juliet :) when i was 7

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Omnia wrote: "Romeo and Juliet :) when i was 7"

Wow you read that book when you were 7? :) I didn't read it until I was in high school :D

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiepcox) | 6 comments I believe The Lucky OneWas the first love story I ready when I really got into reading! I only read it b/c the movie was coming out and that's where reading all began for me!

message 40: by Versha (new)

Versha The first romantic book i read was Double Standards by Judith McNaught and i was just smitten by it and it became my most favorite book ever!

message 41: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 31 comments The first YA book I ever read was The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson It had a bit of romance in it, but I don't think it could be exclusively considered romance. I have no idea what my first actual romance was, but when I read Maximum Ride I was in 5th grade, from there out I was addicted to YA books.

Mary (I ♥ Books) | 2 comments Ha I'm old too! I don't remember the first romance book I read but I did read Harlequins early on - maybe when I was 11 or 12. (I remember Penny Jordan specifically) I think my aunt had them around so I snuck them under the covers. I remember my dad caught me reading one - really late at night and I was so embarrassed.

I did read Sweet Valley High but I remember not loving the series. Do you guys remember the Sweet Dreams series? I remember bawling my eyes out to this:

P. S. I Love You (Sweet Dreams, #1) by Barbara Conklin

message 43: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I have never read Sweet Dream series. I am going to check it out :)

message 44: by Renee (new)

Renee (movingxpictures) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) by Meg Cabot was probably the first romance I read way back in sixth grade. It started a long obsession with Meg Cabot books.

message 45: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 24, 2012 07:46AM) (new)

Jennifer Comeaux | 20 comments Mary (I ♥ Books) wrote: "Ha I'm old too! I don't remember the first romance book I read but I did read Harlequins early on - maybe when I was 11 or 12. (I remember Penny Jordan specifically) I think my aunt had them around..."

My older sister had a couple of Sweet Dreams books! I read them over and over, too. There was one, First Love (Sweet Dreams, #39) by Debra Spector , that I particularly loved.

message 46: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments Tiffany wrote: "All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) by Meg Cabotwas probably the first romance I read way back in sixth grade. It started a long obsession with Meg Cabot books."

Same here, I am still in love with Meg Cabot books, she is like my favourite YA author!

message 47: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie Jennings | 7 comments first romance i ever read was All's fair in lova, war, and Highschool. If that even counts as a romance.

message 48: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 1 comments Mine was The Truth About Forever

message 49: by Angela (new)

Angela (dreamer661) I don't remember the name of the book but it was by, Johanna Lindsey . My oldest siste had a collection of her books.

message 50: by alejandra (new)

alejandra (moly1991) | 17 comments Mine was Romeo and Juliet when I was 12

« previous 1 3