UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Dougie Brimson
This topic is about Dougie Brimson
Author Zone - Readers Welcome! > Audiobook publishers in the UK

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dougie (new)

Dougie Brimson (dougiebrimson) | 89 comments Could anyone suggest a decent audiobook publisher in the UK?

My readers are pushing me for them but I've no idea where to start.

message 2: by Harrison (new)

Harrison Davies (harrisondavies) | 190 comments I'd be interested in this also.

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments The RNIB do quite a lot.
I've recently started buying talking books for my mum, and Naxos are excellent but they're mainly classics.
Tempted to sign up with Amazon's Audible downloads as a buyer, but I think the production costs would mean they'd select only the most commercial titles.

message 4: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments There's ISIS, in Oxford. They do all sorts.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments Thanks Tim, I'd forgotten ISIS. They used to supply the library service (probably still do!). Lovely website.

message 6: by Dougie (new)

Dougie Brimson (dougiebrimson) | 89 comments For those interested, I've been in contact with Creative Content (http://www.creativecontentdigital.com/) who are now reading the book with a view to taking it on via a revenue share deal.

They seem quite keen and a deal of this sort suits me fine as it means I would have to do little or no work to make it happen. Time being something I have very little of at the moment.

I'll keep you informed if that's ok.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments That'd be great Dougie! Thanks!

message 8: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 41 comments Someone pointed me in the direction of www.acx.com which I believe is a site that hooks you up with producers and actors and then sorts out the money automatically.
Had a quick nosey - no idea if it's any good but I did like that some of them are happy to work on royalty share rather than payment up front.
JAC