Darwin Blake Official Fan Page discussion

The Flourish

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 41 comments Mod
Today Darwin released The Flourish on his blog. http://darwinblake.wordpress.com/2012...

Comments??

I have a few. The work from the male POV was refreshing. Most authors write from the female perspective or in the third person. The use of present tenses also, let the reader experience the text as it played out. To say that the text was erotic, is an understatement. I had to bit the inside of my cheek to keep the winding smirk off my face.

What do you all think of The Flourish

message 2: by Deidre (new)

Deidre | 7 comments I agree, first person POV is quite powerful in erotica. You automatically insert yourself into the story as a character, which makes it a more intense read. Yes, I squirmed in my chair while reading a few times and I think if I had my glasses on, they would have fogged up.
And can I just say in general that erotica gets a bad rap! When done right, it's an art form that should be just as appreciated as Michaelangelo's statue of David.
Darwin did a fantastic job with this (as he usually does) and I believe that he'll only get better and better! We'd better watch out!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen | 41 comments Mod
Deidre wrote: "I agree, first person POV is quite powerful in erotica. You automatically insert yourself into the story as a character, which makes it a more intense read. Yes, I squirmed in my chair while readi..."

I agree that erotica gets a bad rap, especially if woman like it. Which is too bad as we are sexual beings.