Muslim Community discussion

Islam in the World > Islam overall

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 110099 (new)

110099 | 352 comments Mod
Islam is the world's 2nd largest religion. But it seems as the most controversial religion. Do you think that this is true? Why so?

message 2: by Sammy (last edited Nov 26, 2012 07:41PM) (new)

Sammy (sammy5428) | 60 comments Yesss. I feel like a big reason for that is 9/11. And I don't mean that was the sole reason, because there may have been some tense discussions and disagreements with the religion before this event. However, I feel as if 9/11 really helped to escalate hatred towards Muslim. I remember my mom telling me that before 9/11, everyone on the streets used to smile at her when she wore the hijab around. People appreciated the "melting pot" of the US.

message 3: by Maya (new)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 200 comments I believe after 9/11 the media played a huge role. once the president began to label the terrorists as Muslim radicals , terrorists, etc. then the media picked up and never stopped. so people

message 4: by Maya (new)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 200 comments So the people were just influenced .

message 5: by Namerah (last edited Dec 03, 2012 07:14AM) (new)

Namerah Saud Fatmi (namerahsaudfatmi) | 85 comments thi9ng is,the media basically hates all muslims in the first place,they contort the truth in evrything making muslims the villains

message 6: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammy5428) | 60 comments Namerah wrote: "thi9ng is,the media basically hates all muslims in the first place,they contort the truth in evrything making muslims the villains"

.....'nuff said

message 7: by Jihaad (new)

Jihaad Albayaty | 29 comments http://www.halaltube.com/in-the-foots...

Watch it and tell me what you think

message 8: by Sana (new)

Sana I agree with ALL of y'all... I wish Muslims got the rights they deserved