Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > One Sentence Story

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
It's like the One Word Story exercise, but you write an entire sentence. And I think it'd be fun if we had a collective story that made some sort of sense. I mean, I doubt that'll last... but it's worth a shot.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky.

message 3: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) | 3211 comments I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

message 4: by Elliott (new)

I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

"I didn't know it would happen so quickly," I said.

message 5: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) | 3211 comments I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

"It all happens quickly; you live and then you die," said Jeremy.

message 6: by Elliott (new)

I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

"It all happens quickly; you live and then you die," said Jeremy. I sighed, Jeremy had always been a bit of a realist.

I used to be a dreamer, but I was losing that side of me, piece by piece.

message 7: by Colby (new)

"It all happens quickly; you live and then you die," said Jeremy. I sighed, Jeremy had always been a bit of a realist.

I used to be a dreamer, but I was losing that side of me, piece by piece. Would I soon be just like Jeremy, without any hope for the future?

message 8: by Elliott (new)

I used to be a dreamer, but I was losing that side of me, piece by piece. Would I soon be just like Jeremy, without any hope for the future? I bit my lip and looked at the ground.

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana (danachewy) | 735 comments I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

I used to be a dreamer, but I was losing that side of me, piece by piece. Would I soon be just like Jeremy, without any hope for the future? I bit my lip and looked at the ground.

I wasn't surprised when the moon came up at one o'clock, while we were feasting on a meager meal of cashew nuts.

message 10: by Elliott (new)

I wasn't surprised when the moon came up at one o'clock, while we were feasting on a meager meal of cashew nuts. "It's not over yet," I said with a small smile.

message 11: by Dana (last edited Sep 21, 2012 05:25AM) (new)

Dana (danachewy) | 735 comments I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

I wasn't surprised when the moon came up at one o'clock, while we were feasting on a meager meal of cashew nuts. "It's not over yet," I said with a small smile. Then, together, we turned toward the moon, closing our eyes, feeling the stillness dance around us.

message 12: by Elliott (new)

I wasn't surprised when the moon came up at one o'clock, while we were feasting on a meager meal of cashew nuts. "It's not over yet," I said with a small smile. Then, together, we turned toward the moon, closing our eyes, feeling the stillness dance around us.

"It might as well be over," Jeremy said.

message 13: by Colby (new)

"But it's not," I said. "There's still time."

message 14: by Elliott (new)

"Stop pretending," Jeremy said cynically. "There's no more time."

Sometimes, I wish he would leave and take his pessimistic attitude with him.

message 15: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

Sometimes, I wish he would leave and take his pessimistic attitude with him. I would never be able to tell him that, though, because he was the only person I had left now.

message 16: by Elliott (new)

Sometimes, I wish he would leave and take his pessimistic attitude with him. I would never be able to tell him that, though, because he was the only person I had left now. I can't be alone this time.

message 17: by Colby (new)

Sometimes, I wish he would leave and take his pessimistic attitude with him. I would never be able to tell him that, though, because he was the only person I had left now. I can't be alone this time. And despite his pessimism, I was sort of in love with Jeremy, if you could call it that.

message 18: by Dana (new)

Sometimes, I wish he would leave and take his pessimistic attitude with him. I would never be able to tell him that, though, because he was the only person I had left now. I can't be alone this time. And despite his pessimism, I was sort of in love with Jeremy, if you could call it that.

I opened my mouth in hopes of making a smart comeback, but found I had nothing to say.

message 19: by Colby (new)

I opened my mouth in hopes of making a smart comeback, but found I had nothing to say. Instead, I drew three circles in the carpet; one for me, one for Jeremy, and one for little Cynthia, completing our humble trio.

message 20: by Elliott (new)

I opened my mouth in hopes of making a smart comeback, but found I had nothing to say. Instead, I drew three circles in the carpet; one for me, one for Jeremy, and one for little Cynthia, completing our humble trio. Occasionally it felt like we were part of some messed up family, but most of the time we were simply trying to survive.

message 21: by Dana (new)

I opened my mouth in hopes of making a smart comeback, but found I had nothing to say. Instead, I drew three circles in the carpet; one for me, one for Jeremy, and one for little Cynthia, completing our humble trio. Occasionally it felt like we were part of some messed up family, but most of the time we were simply trying to survive.

Cynthia opened her eyes and started to cry when she saw the sky, yellow as if clumsily colored in with a highlighter.

message 22: by Elliott (new)

Cynthia opened her eyes and started to cry when she saw the sky, yellow as if clumsily colored in with a highlighter. "Shhh," I hissed, feeling helpless.

message 23: by Colby (new)

Cynthia opened her eyes and started to cry when she saw the sky, yellow as if clumsily colored in with a highlighter. "Shhh," I hissed, feeling helpless. I mean, I didn't know how to explain the fact that we were all still alive to her.

message 24: by Dana (new)

Cynthia opened her eyes and started to cry when she saw the sky, yellow as if clumsily colored in with a highlighter. "Shhh," I hissed, feeling helpless. I mean, I didn't know how to explain the fact that we were all still alive to her.

"There's no more time," Jeremy repeated softly, as if saying goodbye.

message 25: by Elliott (new)

"Jeremy, would you please just shut up?"

message 26: by Dana (new)

"Why," He said, his arm crossed.
Oh, Jeremy, I thought, are you doing this just to spite me?

message 27: by Karen (new)

Karen | 6 comments I woke up this morning t see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

"Why," He said, his arm crossed.

"Never mind," I said tiredly, and can't help noticing the mockery in his blue-green eyes, which were revealed when the breeze blew the occluding dark hair away.

message 28: by Dana (new)

"Why," he said, his arm crossed.

"Never mind," I said tiredly, and can't help noticing the mockery in his blue-green eyes, which were revealed when the breeze blew the occluding dark hair away. Daring me to challenge them, daring me to argue, tempting me with some invisible magnet.

message 29: by Elliott (new)

"Why," he said, his arm crossed.

"Never mind," I said tiredly, and can't help noticing the mockery in his blue-green eyes, which were revealed when the breeze blew the occluding dark hair away. Daring me to challenge them, daring me to argue, tempting me with some invisible magnet.

"I'm not trying to hurt you, Lyn," he said, "but I have held on for so long and it hasn't gotten me anywhere."

message 30: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) | 253 comments I woke up this morning to see the sun falling out of the sky. In an ideal world, one would seek shelter but I became paralyzed with fear instead. I clung tight to the sleeves of my sweatshirt, a nervous habit of mine that I inherited from my mother.

"It might as well be over," Jeremy said. "But it's not," I said. "There's still time."

"Why," he said, his arm crossed. Oh, Jeremy, I thought, are you doing this just to spite me?

"I'm not trying to hurt you, Lyn," he said, "but I have held on for so long and it hasn't gotten me anywhere." Looking away from me he ran a hand through his hair and sighed, signalling that he didn't want to talk anymore.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.