Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Hip Hip Hooray > The Official All-time Favorite HP Heroes List

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lemon (last edited Sep 16, 2012 09:49PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
I think this topic has been covered tangentially in other threads, but let's make an official list.

Who are your favorite HP heroes of all time and why?

I'll go first:

I like strong heroes who are comfortable enough in their own skins to be gentlemen. I like the dashing and gallant types- Helen Brooks' heroes embody this completely. Debonair ones are okay too, so long as they have a serious side to them. I also like me a totally besotted hero and a possessive hero.

Your turn. :)

Here are some of my favoritest heroes in no particular order:

1. Ethan Hayes from Ethan's Temptress Bride by Michelle Reid. I hated Eve, the heroine, but Ethan embodies the dashing and gallant hero rather well. *Mine*.

2. Blake MacLeod from Mistress for a Weekend by Susan Napier. Blake's not dashing, but he's got raw male magnetism. He is what I would call "man all ovah!" *Mine*.

3. Cole Rees from The Man She Loves To Hate by Kelly Hunter. I don't think Cole is particularly dashing nor manly like Blake MacLeod. But he seems a little closer to a real life person and he is attractive in his flaws. I like that he knows what he wants and goes for it against the odds.

4. Gianlucca Raffacani from The Vengeful Husband (The Husband Hunters, #2) by Lynne Graham. Simply put, he just cracks me up. He doesn't mean to be funny, but he cracks me up. I don't find him to be particularly likable or dashing, but the poor fool is so far gone for the heroine that it is rather endearing and rather funny.

5. Blade Forbes from Lovers Not Friends by Helen Brooks. Hero with a past and an edge beneath the polished surface. Still waters run deep. A one woman man.

6. Jake Granton from Dishonourable Proposal by Jacqueline Baird. I like that he is supposed to boring and staid and uber serious. That's such a refreshing change from the typical womanizing hero. As above, still waters run deep and so does his love for the heroine.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

message 2: by Verity (last edited Sep 16, 2012 10:14PM) (new)

Verity | 567 comments Oh man U're squeezing my brain dry. 4 now all I could recall are :

Matt ~ Patricia Wilson - Lingering melody.
Ryan ~ Madeleine Ker - Ruthless husband, convenient wife.
Ronan ~ Annie West - A mistress for the taking.
Randall ~ Roberta Leigh - Storm cloud marriage.
Zeke ~ Helen Brooks - A whirwind marriage.

I have shelves for luvable-heroes & uber-jealous-possessive, but mostly non-HP, the ones I mentioned have somefink in common, they're ga-ga over the heroines.

message 3: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Oh, I had forgotten about Ronan, V! Quite dashing indeed. Gotta love an Annie West hero.

I'll have to check out your other titles.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
I like seeing your thoughts on the heroes, Lulu.

I will definitely be reading all the ones you girls recommended, since we are in agreement on loving besotted heroes, and possessive heroes.

I'll have to think on my list, honestly.

message 5: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments I gotta keep track of drool-worthy HP heroes. Your thread made me wanna dig up my keeper stash & re-read 'em all over again.

For ol skool, I also liked Nick, from Anne Hampson ~ Another Eden. Color me partial, cuz Bro's sloppy 2nds is 1 of my fav themes 8^{2

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Sep 16, 2012 11:04PM) (new)

Off the top of my head, two of my favorites:

Ryan from Mistress of the Groom by Susan Napier. He's not a particularly nice guy, but I loved his intensely male persona and how he goes after what he wants. I think ultimately, he was very good at wooing his reluctant heroine, which is something I love in a hero.

Marcus from Reckless Conduct by Susan Napier for similar reasons, but also because he was such a cute dad. I love a hero who is a good father.

I think Susan Napier writes the best heroes in this line. They are vital and down to earth. Not afraid of hard work, and ultimately, not afraid to love a woman.

message 7: by Leona (last edited Sep 17, 2012 01:53PM) (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments Steel LandryThe Beautiful Widow by Helen Brooks...I just loved his patience and kindness to work it out her way. No asshatery about this hero, yet he was all male!

Sadiq The Sultan's Choice by Abby Green....I loved that he respected the heroine and his country. No asshatery here!

Guy Fabriosa Lost in Love by Michelle Reid...I loved that he took responsibility for the destruction in his marriage and took care of the heroine, even when he was no longer responsible for her. His Love could never drive him away.

Alexander Doumas The Price of a Bride by Michelle Reid....oh how I love a man that will protect his woman and his family at all cost all in the name of love.

Sergios Demonides A Deal at the Altar by Lynne Graham...and I know you are going to think I am crazy. But I really liked Sergios. I liked that he was a no B#@$ Sh#$ kind of guy, yet he fell so hard, he didn't know what to do. He respected the heroine from the very beginning....with no games.

message 8: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
That's a good list, Leana. I like Sadiq too and I rarely like Abby Green's heroes.

Lady D, I agree with you on Susan Napier's heroes. They are manly men and down to earth, yet sophisticated. Quite yummy!

message 9: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Verity wrote: "I gotta keep track of drool-worthy HP heroes. Your thread made me wanna dig up my keeper stash & re-read 'em all over again.

For ol skool, I also liked Nick, from Anne Hampson ~ Another Eden. Colo..."

That's a great idea, V. I might just have to do that too :). Now I gotta go dig up all the Susan Napier books I haven't read yet for the yummy heroes.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Loving all the lists, particularly the whys. They are good pointers for future reads. Sometimes I have trouble choosing which HPs to read next.

message 11: by Jyothi (new)

Jyothi | 49 comments No one seems to have added any other heroes to this list for a long time. I hope this is not a thread closed for discussion. I realized I have finished reading all the books suggested in the thread. Looking forward to some more recs. Meanwhile, I love most of Lynne Graham heroes. They are intense and passionate and completely in thrall of the h. Off the top of my head comes Cesar Valverde from The Spanish Groom. Also, agree with Susan Napier's heroes being droolworthy, no doubt about it. Wish she would continue writing more HPs (she seems to have stopped). Plzzzz add to the list. I have run out of interesting HPs and I need my fix :))

message 12: by bookworm1202 (last edited Mar 07, 2014 05:42AM) (new)

bookworm1202 | 67 comments 1)Cesar Valverde from The Spanish Groom by Lynne Graham
i love cesar coz he is alpha but wasn't complete asshole. i have lost the count ,how many times i have read this book. number one HP book for me

2)Nik Andreakis from The Unfaithful Wife by Lynne Graham . Nik was an ass but that is hp trait ,loved him .how he didn't gave up on his wife and ruthlessly seduced her

3)Santino Vitale from The Reluctant Husband by Lynne Graham. he is typical LG hero ,distrusting the heroine . but i liked him.

4)Vincenzo Valentini from Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded by Abby Green. he was an ass initially but redeemed himself by taking care of heroine later

5)Cristiano Ferrara from Once a Ferrara Wife by Sarah Morgan. simply love him coz second chance romance n lots of angst . he made mistakes but when he got second chance in his marriage , he was by his wife's side

6)Claudio Scorsolini from The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain by Lucy Monroe.
He was jealous ,possessive and stood by his wife's side & chose wife over duty

7)Aristide from The Greek's Christmas Baby by Lucy Monroe

Now one hero from oldie HP i like Randal Mercier from Disturbing Stranger
by Charlotte Lamb. for the wtf reads of old school hp, this is my favourite. hero does all the bad thing which were "allowed" for old school hp hero to do. but i still love him. i highly recommend this old school hp read and charloote lamb is amazing author.

there are so many more but above are my most favorites

message 13: by Leona (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments Aisha! I have to try the Charlotte Lamb, looks good!

message 14: by Nadia (last edited Mar 13, 2014 09:54AM) (new)

Nadia Goodreader Loukas Andreou in The Andreou Marriage Arrangement by Helen Bianchin

This was the first book by Helen Bianchin I read and the hero was a dream! He was patient, caring and understanding, the perfect husband. He was also alpha and possessive, which was a perfect mix

message 15: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (blackchic1908) | 10 comments Rafferty from The Heartbreaker by Linda Howard

message 16: by Lemon (last edited Mar 12, 2014 08:00PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
I haven't read HPs in quite a while. Three more that I thought of that most of you are already sick of hearing about from me are:

Daniel Flynn from Innocent on Her Wedding Night by Sara Craven. Laine, the heroine, is a blithering idiot but I love Daniel for being such an honest to goodness decent person and for being so in love with the blithering idiot, bless him.

Caleb Gilchrist from A Night with the Society Playboy by Ally Blake. Playboy prettyboy fluff extraordinaire but really just a hurt, lost soul deep inside who never found his way after losing the heroine.

Nick Martella from Dark Illusion by Patricia Wilson. Oh boy. If you like stalkarific heroes, this is definitely your cuppa. I pretty much like all Patricia Wilson's heroes.

message 17: by Leona (last edited Mar 12, 2014 06:22PM) (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments ooooohhh........I just love Nick Martella.

message 18: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Leona wrote: "ooooohhh........I just love Nick Martella.

"

Ha, ha, indeed.

message 19: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments I will have to ck out the PW book,may have read it as a youngster but can't remember it now.

message 20: by bookworm1202 (last edited Mar 12, 2014 09:01PM) (new)

bookworm1202 | 67 comments oooo i have to checkout PW books for Nick martella

message 21: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Goodreader Lululemon wrote: "I haven't read HPs in quite a while. Three more that I thought of that most of you are already sick of hearing about from me are:

Daniel Flynn from Innocent on Her Wedding Night by..."

Got a good laugh out of your first comment on Daniel Flynn!

And Nick Martella is delicious; I am so into jealous/possessive and obsessed heroes!

message 22: by Giovanni (new)

Giovanni | 32 comments just read Dark Illusion myself. Gotta be agree, Nick Martella is def delicious.

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I'm working on getting all of Patricia Wilson's books. I hope to read Dark Illusion soon since I did get a copy of it. :)

message 24: by Jyothi (new)

Jyothi | 49 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) wrote: "I'm working on getting all of Patricia Wilson's books. I hope to read Dark Illusion soon since I did get a copy of it. :)"

I too have been doing the same for the past week, trying to lay my hands on as much of PW heroes as possible. I have not been able to. I did find The Final Price. Loved the hero in it, Andreas.

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

@Jyothi. I've been buying mine used off Amazon. They often are eligible for super saver shipping (if you live in the US).

message 26: by Priyalakshmanan (new)

Priyalakshmanan | 3 comments All Helen Brooks Heros :-)... Top ones off my mind are
Luke Hawkton - Price of a Wife
Jared Vincent - Marriage Quest
Hawk Mallen - Mistletoe Mistress
Kingsley Ward - Mistress by Agreement

the list is tooooo long

message 27: by chinni (new)

chinni (booklilly) | 46 comments Bump

message 28: by Nana (new)

Nana | 67 comments Blackmailed into Marriage
I thought the hero Damian Marquez was a keeper :) The heroine suffered from vaginismus and he helped her overcome this affliction.

message 29: by Ted (new)

Ted | 70 comments Logan from Dark Remembrance by Daphne Clair
Soren Wingard from Never Count Tomorrow by Daphne Clair
Dane Ryland from Hotel Mirador by Rosalind Brett
Guy from The Gift Of Loving
Ross Maclean from Perilous Refuge by Patricia Wilson
Dane from Bittersweet Passion by Lynne Graham
Rafe Danvers from Marriage on the Rebound by Michelle Reid
Vito from A Vengeful Passion by Lynne Graham
Alex Terzakis from Bond of Hatred by Lynne Graham
Drew Bridger from No Escape by Daphne Clair