Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

The Angry Woman Suite
This topic is about The Angry Woman Suite
Literary Fiction/Classics > The Angry Woman Suite

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments The Angry Woman Suite by Lee Fullbright

Originally read April 23-30

I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads, so for our purposes I give it 10 stars! It's a classic!

OMG! Where do I begin? I wanted to post regarding this book from the first day I began reading it and several, if not many, times as I read it; however, I forced (literally) myself to wait until I was finished so I could give it a much-deserved fair assessment.

The Angry Woman Suite by Lee Fullbright is a suspense novel that is told by three different narrators, Elyse, Francis, and Aiden in three different time frames. I honestly think that this suspense novel is in a category all its own as it is suspense, mystery, history, romance, and even a little comedy (I found myself laughing and saying, "No way!" or "OMG...too funny!") all rolled in to one.

We love books for so many reasons, one being that we can live vicariously through the characters...IF they are credible, and Fullbright has definitely developed characters that the reader learns to love...or hate! She developed characters that elicited both emotions within me, as well as anger, disbelief, compassion, confusion (regarding why certain characters would do what they did), and so much more.

One aspect of Fullbright's writing that I thoroughly enjoy is that she invites the reader to exercise brain power by giving him or her enough foreshadowing to make you THINK you know what's going to happen, but then she says, "No, it's not what you think." This author has a genuine ability to take you right to the edge of the cliff (or your seat) and make you think you are going over it, and then swerve in a different direction entirely.

Another aspect of her writing that I so value in this book is her use of vocabulary. She uses words in this book that are novel (pun intended), educating, and even fun. (Okay, I will divulge that I am an English teacher at the high school level and I learned some new expressions to try out on some unsuspecting colleagues! LOL)

It's difficult to write a review without discussing the characters that I have developed a fondness for or that I despise because I want others to develop their own opinions. I will say that my favorite characters are Elyse, Lothian, and Francis, but for completely different reasons. Some characters you love for their charm, innocence, grace; others you love (to hate) because they were so cleverly developed as the "bad guy"; and still others you simply loathe because they are so rotten to the core!

I highly recommend that you read this book if you like a novel that is engaging, one of its kind, and will make you think.

To the author: I absolutely love your style of writing. I loved thinking I knew what was happening next and then BAM! You switched it up! As a whodunit book, I didn't know "who done it" until the end! CLEVER!! PLEASE give us more!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments http://misfortuneofknowing.wordpress....

I don't know that I did this correctly, but if I did you can check out a much better review from a real pro!

message 3: by Junying (new)

Junying | 27 comments Vicki,

What a great review. You've certainly pricked my interest in reading it. Thanks!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Junying, if you do read it, let me know how you like it. The author is in this group. :)

message 5: by Junying (new)

Junying | 27 comments I will, Vicki. It may take a little while, as I have quite a few dying to be read, but will definitely keep you posted :)

Would you like to publish any book reviews on my site? If you do, let me know - I'd be happy to :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Junying wrote: "I will, Vicki. It may take a little while, as I have quite a few dying to be read, but will definitely keep you posted :)

Would you like to publish any book reviews on my site? If you do, let me k..."

Does publishing a book review on your site entail anything different from what one would do on Goodreads? It sounds inviting to me! :o)

message 7: by Junying (new)

Junying | 27 comments Vicki,

The only difference is that reviews on the GR are read by those on the site, while my blog site may have a different readership. That's all.