Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Books to Movies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Recently many books have been turned into movies, while some are still in the process.
Which book(s) do you think should be next in line?

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Divergent, The Fault In Our Stars

message 3: by Carly (new)

Carly Fries | 59 comments Gone, by Michael Grant, though he has tried many, many times and I think has now given up (at least for now) because his other series, BZRK has a movie deal.

message 4: by Janie (new)

Janie Brumfield | 36 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Divergent, The Fault In Our Stars"

I heard Divergent film rights have been sold to Summit Entertainment, of Twilight and The Hurt Locker fame.

message 5: by Janie (new)

Janie Brumfield | 36 comments Need Series by Carrie Jones

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 17, 2012 05:02PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments The Fault in Our Stars movie rights have been bought too - but so has Waiting for Alaska. We'll see if John Green (And all of Nerd-fighteria!) will finally get a movie

DFTBA! :D

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "The Fault in Our Stars movie rights have been bought too - but so has Waiting for Alaska. We'll see if John Green will finally get a movie (And all of Nerd-fighteria! DFTBA! :D)"

I'm sure buying ticket to watch FiOS!

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 48 comments Carly wrote: "Gone, by Michael Grant, though he has tried many, many times and I think has now given up (at least for now) because his other series, BZRK has a movie deal."

I would have actually loved to see Gone as a movie, but oh well. And I want to read BZRK!

message 9: by Allie (new)

Allie Fleenor (dalmatian98) | 5 comments Life as we knew it book series.

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 18, 2012 08:07PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I can't wait for Warm Bodies. It says due out 2013 by IMDB and it already has some still shot photos.

the book was hilarious and fun - and the love story was cute but bizarre (if zombies are your thing)

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I find zombies a bit too gross for me. I never feel comfortable watching people eating each other (even zombies are not exactly human, but yeah, they still look the same).

But if it's a comedy, I think I don't mind watching :)

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiehodgkinson) I reckon the Uglies series would be pretty good!

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Katie wrote: "I reckon the Uglies series would be pretty good!"

DO you have any idea on when that's coming out?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I am the least luckiest person alive when it come to books being made into movies. It is always the one that I would rather not see on film.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiehodgkinson) Jacquelyn wrote: "Katie wrote: "I reckon the Uglies series would be pretty good!"

DO you have any idea on when that's coming out?"

I didn't even know it was? Is it? Oh my gosh....if it is!

Rebecca: I don't wanna see Divergent in film, it's going to ruin all the characters for me, I'll still see it, but all the same.

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Whenever a film puts faces on the book characters, I always feel disappointed :(

message 17: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm looking forward on Divergent and TMI.
If Hush Hush is going to be a movie... Hell YEAH I WISH.

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Beatrice wrote: "I'm looking forward on Divergent and TMI.
If Hush Hush is going to be a movie... Hell YEAH I WISH."

I have read any of these series, except Divergent :) Hope to read them someday :D

message 19: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Divergent is one good Dystopian novel. reminds me of Hunger Games though.. :) It was thrilling.

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I have yet to read Insurgent ... I should have lot time a lot!

message 21: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Both were fast-paced. the book may look thick but the fonts aren't that small. :)

message 22: by Jojobean (new)

message 23: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I heard Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is going to be a movie?

message 24: by Birdie (new)

Birdie (purple_feather22) | 294 comments Even though its already being filmed and set to come out next year I can't wait for City of Bones to come out.

I think The Vampire Academy novels would also be interesting to watch. I want to see what Adrian would look like in real life. :)

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Beatrice wrote: "I heard Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is going to be a movie?"

Yes :) Heard they have cast Selena Gomez. I haven't read the book yet, but my brother has. He said it was good, so I think I will read it soon :)

message 26: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I like seeing what the actors are for the movies!

message 27: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1650 comments Janie wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Divergent, The Fault In Our Stars"

I heard Divergent film rights have been sold to Summit Entertainment, of Twilight and The Hurt Locker fame."

I just want to see who plays tobias! he better be so hot

message 28: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1650 comments Evermore
this needs to be a movie.

message 29: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 322 comments i really want The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3) by L.J. Smith to be a movie!!! :(((

message 30: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1650 comments http://bit.ly/MortalTeaser

The mortal instruments. I'm like shaking

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Tayla wrote: "http://bit.ly/MortalTeaser

The mortal instruments. I'm like shaking"

OMG it looks SOO good! I wasn't sure on the cast until....THIS! Yep, I'm totally SOLD! :D

message 32: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Tayla wrote: "http://bit.ly/MortalTeaser

The mortal instruments. I'm like shaking"

Good start after Breaking Dawn pt. 2 :D wooot!

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments And I noticed the Warm Bodies trailer on the Breaking Dawn II moving!! Looks AWESOME (and I loved the book!!!)

ANd Beautiful Creatures posters are up everywhere in the theater! That looks great!!

and...The Host! We have a great year coming up of movies!
I'm going to see Life of Pi next week!

message 34: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Breaking Dawn part 2 is epic :D

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments SO Incredible!! I've seen it twice now and even the 2nd time, my heart started racing in anticipation of what I already knew was coming...you know, during that one part ;)

ugh, and the end...I love when they are in the field and they go through all the pictures.
Just AMAZING!!!!! :D I just got back about 10 minutes ago from the movie.....soooooo goooood

message 36: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) That part really did surprised me. I'm stunned. I didn't see that coming. I couldn't get over it until now. Everyone in the theater gasp and scream on that part.It was EPIC. So Amazing. Thumbs up to the director for making everyone shocked and carried away.

I'm on the verge of getting out of the theater on that scene!

message 37: by Birdie (last edited Nov 17, 2012 11:04PM) (new)

Birdie (purple_feather22) | 294 comments I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 today the movie was surprising to say the least. I really should say mini heart attack for a minute there but anyway.. during the previews I saw one for Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia coming out next year. I had no idea it was being made into a movie. This is exciting!

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Heather wrote: "I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 today the movie was surprising and I enjoyed it but something I noticed was in the previews. One of the movies coming out in the next year is [bookcover:Beautiful..."

I saw the poster. It was so beautiful!

message 39: by Birdie (last edited Nov 17, 2012 11:13PM) (new)

Birdie (purple_feather22) | 294 comments Beatrice said: That part really did surprised me. I'm stunned. I didn't see that coming. I couldn't get over it until now. Everyone in the theater gasp and scream on that part.It was EPIC. So Amazing. Thumbs up to the director for making everyone shocked and carried away.

I'm on the verge of getting out of the theater on that scene!

I know! In my theater the whole room was freaking out. There was literally a collective sigh of relief when it was over. I loved it after I realized what happened. Kudos to who ever thought of the idea to do it.

message 40: by Diana (new)

Diana | 618 comments I saw the movie about 2hours ago and yeah it was freakin awesome! That twist at the end! WOW

message 41: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I'm really excited to watch the Beautiful Creatures movie-even though I haven't finished the book yet~! Someone told me that the guy's name isn't going to be Ethan, though.

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiehodgkinson) Jacquelyn wrote: "I'm really excited to watch the Beautiful Creatures movie-even though I haven't finished the book yet~! Someone told me that the guy's name isn't going to be Ethan, though."

I saw the trailer for that the other day, I'd seen people reading it but it looked good so I definitely want to read it before the movie comes out. All the books I've read recently are becoming films - and the majority of them are probably going to be slaughtered :l I hate it when films ruin books!

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yes, lots of books are being turned into movies nowadays. I hate when they ruin books as well! I'm currently reading Beautiful Creatures-maybe 250 pages in- and I already love it! Definitely read it!

message 44: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiehodgkinson) I'm gonna buy it sometime, no idea when but I will own it :) yay! I've got plenty to be reading though *sigh*

message 45: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yay! I have lots of reading too!

message 46: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Heather wrote: "Beatrice said: That part really did surprised me. I'm stunned. I didn't see that coming. I couldn't get over it until now. Everyone in the theater gasp and scream on that part.It was EPIC. So Amazi..."

The director did a good job making everyone freaked out. So awesome! I wish films are like that.. surprising :)

message 47: by Lori (new)

Lori | 16 comments Isnt the host going to be a movie?? Havent read it i guess i should!

message 48: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Lori wrote: "Isnt the host going to be a movie?? Havent read it i guess i should!"

I need to read it too! (if I'm in the mood to read)

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments YES! The host is coming out in March!!! I just saw the poster last night, it's beautiful!! the book is good.

I also just saw the trailer to World War Z!!! Holy moly that one looks scary but good (and it was a great book!)

message 50: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments oh oh oh!! and I just saw the Beautiful Creatures trailer!! It looks So GOOD! (and I didn't even like the book! LOL!)

« previous 1