Q&A with author Frank Nappi discussion

Tampa Rays' Fernando Rodney Tops List of Notable Mound Celebrations

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank Nappi (fnap33) | 258 comments Mod
Check out my latest blog about the odd celebrations of MLB closers:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/13...

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 23 comments it appears to me to be a juvenile attempt to compete with the even more childish endzone "celebrations of football players. My favorites are the elaborate celebration of a touchdown by a player whose team is losing by 35 points in the 4th quarter. I thought at one time the powers that be were going to stop them, but they have surrendered their adult roles to the children. If baseball players did a tenth of that for each run scored there would be so many batters hit by pitches that the ejections would clear the benches. If all pitchers had to bat it might help the situation. BAN the DH!

message 3: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Crown (SJCrown) | 1 comments These guys need to watch Mariano Rivera a little more. He's like Ho hum, another save. You expected something else?

message 4: by Frank (new)

S.J. wrote: "These guys need to watch Mariano Rivera a little more. He's like Ho hum, another save. You expected something else?"

Very true...humble and professional - although not a Yankee fan at all - he and Derek Jeter handle themselves well...

message 5: by Frank (new)

Jim wrote: "it appears to me to be a juvenile attempt to compete with the even more childish endzone "celebrations of football players. My favorites are the elaborate celebration of a touchdown by a player who..."

Agreed - some of these celebrations are somewhat ill-timed - talk about lacking social acuity!