Q&A with Christine Fonseca discussion

Transcend
This topic is about Transcend
Transcend > Spoiler Convo

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christine Fonseca (christine_fonseca) | 125 comments Mod
Now's your chance for an honest, spoilerific convo about the book. Ask questions, speculate, whatever. Just warn each other about the spoilers!

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (thecovercontessa) | 47 comments I'll start! I can't believe that after all that, it was only in his mind! I had no idea. Chrisitine, how did you do that to me???? And you killed Jenna :( I loved her so much!

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "I'll start! I can't believe that after all that, it was only in his mind! I had no idea. Chrisitine, how did you do that to me???? And you killed Jenna :( I loved her so much!"

Yea, my daughter STILL isn't speaking to me about that! And the rest...it was HARD HARD HARD! I wanted to leave breadcrumbs, and write scenes that could be misinterpreted. Very challenging for me

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (thecovercontessa) | 47 comments Christine wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "I'll start! I can't believe that after all that, it was only in his mind! I had no idea. Chrisitine, how did you do that to me???? And you killed Jenna :( I love..."

Well, it worked, woman! Holy cow! I was SO surprised when I got there!

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Christine wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "I'll start! I can't believe that after all that, it was only in his mind! I had no idea. Chrisitine, how did you do that to me???? And you kill..."
I'm not sure if I have said this on GR, but I actually wrote the last 50 pages of the book last. Like really last. Like I edited and rewrote the book 4 times BEFORE I wrote the end. Then, once I really understood how it ended, I went back and laid the foundation to lead to that ending. It was an interesting journey

Elle (Ligia) | 4 comments DITTO! Omg! I freaked out when I realized it was all in his head! And Jenna! I kept hoping they would run away together and live happily ever after! Ah!

Elle wrote: "DITTO! Omg! I freaked out when I realized it was all in his head! And Jenna! I kept hoping they would run away together and live happily ever after! Ah!"

honestly, I am not certain I KNEW it was in his head when the first few drafts were written

Sylvia Yes ... the fact that it was all in his head was pure genius Christine, and we were going mad with him...and I have to agree with everyone else...why kill Jenna?

Heinzypop wrote: "Yes ... the fact that it was all in his head was pure genius Christine, and we were going mad with him...and I have to agree with everyone else...why kill Jenna?"

Do you really want to know why there was NO choice..because, really, there was no choice...

Sylvia Christine wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Yes ... the fact that it was all in his head was pure genius Christine, and we were going mad with him...and I have to agree with everyone else...why kill Jenna?"

Do you really w..."

Yeah I know you had no choice LOL I was just thinking out loud but I totally get it, the madness over took

She had to die because it was the only thing that could shock him from his psychosis. And symbolically, her "death" is the end of innocence...from the moment of her death forward, Ien owns his insanity.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (thecovercontessa) | 47 comments Christine wrote: "Elle wrote: "DITTO! Omg! I freaked out when I realized it was all in his head! And Jenna! I kept hoping they would run away together and live happily ever after! Ah!"

honestly, I am not certain I ..."

LOL!

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (thecovercontessa) | 47 comments Christine wrote: "She had to die because it was the only thing that could shock him from his psychosis. And symbolically, her "death" is the end of innocence...from the moment of her death forward, Ien owns his insa..."

I realized this, I was still sad... :(

Take heart...there may be hope...
just saying

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (thecovercontessa) | 47 comments Christine wrote: "Take heart...there may be hope...
just saying"

I know....

Sylvia Christine wrote: "Take heart...there may be hope...
just saying"

Love that :)

message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen (geekybookgal) me too..
Heinzypop wrote: "Christine wrote: "Take heart...there may be hope...
just saying"

Love that :)"