City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Which books has better Characters TMI or TID

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hannah characters how are they described and are they a strong character. i think TID. even thought the characters are very similar to TMI, all the characters do different things, and they don't follow what everyone else is doing. Clary is a strong character also though. and Jace :)

Kasey I love TID but i think TMI characters are funnier.

message 3: by Avani (last edited Sep 16, 2012 06:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani Hmm... I just read the first TID book, Clockwork Angel, and so far I prefer the TMI characters. TID seems to be much darker, and that concept is continued by the characters; not that they're dark, but Jessamine seems dislikable to me based on the first book, and Will doesn't have quite the same Jace charm. I like Jem, though. I prefer Clary to Tessa. It seems that when I compare the set of characters from each series, I'm comparing specific characters with each other...Cassie seems to have kept the same set of character outlines, if that makes sense. And it seems like the TMI characters fill up the outlines in a more satisfying way.

Does that make sense? xD

Emily (RecordofaBibliophile) I think I like the TMI characters better, maybe because I read TMI first, but I just love the Jace, Clary, Simon, Isabelle and Alec are. But I also love Jem and Will <3

Astoria Avani wrote: "Hmm... I just read the first TID book, Clockwork Angel, and so far I prefer the TMI characters. TID seems to be much darker, and that concept is continued by the characters; not that they're dark, ..."

I hated CA, but Clockwork Prince was actually a lot better, and it sold the characters and story for me. Read Clockwork Prince, I won a copy and devoured it in an afternoon.

Astoria I don't think Jace or Clary ever made me cry as much and as hard as Will did in Clockwork Prince.

Will is sarcastic and Jace has his sense of humor and good looks and charm, but there is so much more to him, I cried so much when reading about his past, about his secret and how he loves Jem so much, and how he buries his feelings not for love to Tessa, but because he loves Jem so much.

Both series pulled at strings, but Will is so .... It broke my heart. In multiple places and he didn't fix it. It's still healing.

message 7: by Ash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ash I don't think it's fair to compare the two, as TMI has .... five books? so far and TID only has two, with a third coming out soon. But I still like TID and their characters better. I like Tessa more and the relationship between Jem and Will broke my heart.

(SPOILER) and when Tessa touched that hot iron to her skin because she couldn't feel anything I was sobbing D:

Hannah If I had to choose, I would choose TID. I just love the setting in England, and I totally love Tessa. Will just breaks my heart sometimes, but that is a good thing. I just like TID better overall. TMI is good though, don't get me wrong.

stephanie Hannah wrote: "If I had to choose, I would choose TID. I just love the setting in England, and I totally love Tessa. Will just breaks my heart sometimes, but that is a good thing. I just like TID better overall. ..."

absolutely agree with you.

message 10: by Caitlin (new) - added it

Caitlin Alewine I have to say that I love both series, but TID is my favorite. I definitely cannot get enough of Will, there is just so much emotion there that I think is just amazing. Deep down he is the guy women always hope that a bad boy is. He feels so intensely, and Cassandra Clare portrays that so well, that your heart can't help but skip a beat. I seriously hope that Will gets a little selfish and steals Tessa away from Jem. Yea it is sad that he is dying, but my gosh Will has been sacrificing all relationships for so long I can not help but wish he gets the girl.

Jordan i love them both and can't decide! jace and will are so similar (and for those that have read the rest of this series, knows why) and they are both amazing! tessa and clary also seem similar, but i have to admit i think i like clary a little bit better.

Amanda (BookMuffins) Both series have likable, charming characters. I love all the characters from each set.
TMI & TID ALL THE WAY!