What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Black Suits from Outerspace
This topic is about Black Suits from Outerspace
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA or kids series, Aliens In Trenchcoats ~1980s [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (last edited Sep 16, 2012 03:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott (artrobot) | 6 comments I read a Young Adult or kids series in the 80s. There might have been 3 books in the series.

I thought the title of the first book was something like Aliens in Trenchcoats but a search revealed nothing. It's not in the same series as My Teacher is an Alien and a little less goofy, though I read them around the same time and it involved kids (maybe two) discovering aliens were among us.

The aliens (in the first book, at least) were large mysterious figures in hats and trenchcoats. The kids team up with nice alien, in the guise of a talking cat, battling these nefarious figures.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Scott--I remember a book similar to this from the 1980's or possibly early 90's. I checked my list here on Goodreads, but unfortunately, it's not on it. As soon as I have time I'll see if I still have it somewhere in my house. That might take a while, since I have upwards of 3-4k books.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Trenchcoats, Cigarettes and Shotguns has demons in trenchcoats. It's not young adult, though, so it is probably not the book you are looking for.

Scott (artrobot) | 6 comments no, there were no cigarettes or shotguns...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Scott, are you still looking for this book?

Scott (artrobot) | 6 comments Yeah I never did get the name if those books.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Black Suits from Outerspace possibly? (I finally got a minute to check it out.) It's also called Beepers from Outer Space.

message 8: by Scott (last edited Dec 16, 2013 07:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott (artrobot) | 6 comments That's it!

Odd that this Goodreads entry doesn't mention being part of a series, as far as I can see, but I was able to find the sequels after getting the correct Title and Author. Thank you!

The Dandelion Caper
Calvin Nullifier

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

I have to admit--I have a copy of this book under both titles--mainly because I didn't realize that they WERE the same book until after I'd bought them. But my daughter and now my grandsons love them.