Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Paranormal Mystery?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm looking for a Paranormal Mystery/Suspense story. I just finished the Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland, and now I'm jiving for some more like it now! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :D

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 33 comments I'm currently working on the second Kara Gillian book. I loved the first!! I can't think of anything along the same lines. Maybe Dying Bites?

can't wait to see what others suggest :)

message 3: by Daffodil (last edited Sep 16, 2012 03:11PM) (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 96 comments I still have to read Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4) by Diana Rowland and then I'll be all caught up. I can't think of anything quite like them, but the following series are on the dark UF side and have some element of mystery/suspense:

Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1) by Jenn Bennett by Jenn Bennett -- I really enjoyed this first book and I'm definitely going to read the second soon.

Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter by Faith Hunter -- I just finished book 4.

Black Dust Mambo (Hoodoo, #1) by Adrian Phoenix by Adrian Phoenix -- I remember enjoying this enough to buy the second book, I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire by Seanan McGuire -- I just started book 4 this morning.

Hope this helps!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) I really enjoyed Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake which reminded me a lot of the TV show Paranormal.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) I would recommend Bound by Blood by P.A. Lupton . Great characters and story-line.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
hum, I haven't read any of the books listed. How much sway does the PN part have in the mystery? Or is it mostly PN with just a dash of mystery?

A couple of series that are pn MYSTERY (where the mystery is the important part) are:

Don of the Dead
Ghost of a Chance
Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye

and of course, there is always (sighing heavily)
Harry. Storm Front

Each of the books I've listed is the first in their series.

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 114 comments I would give
Sins & Shadows (Shadows Inquiries, #1) by Lyn Benedict Ghosts & Echoes (Shadows Inquiries #2) by Lyn Benedict Gods & Monsters (Shadows Inquiries #3) by Lyn Benedict Lies & Omens (Shadows Inquiries, #4) by Lyn Benedict
I've read the first and really enjoyed it.

This series is very different and I haven't finished the first yet but what I have read so far is really different from everything that I've read before.

Legacy (The Niteclif Evolutions, #1) by Denise Tompkins Wrath by Denise Tompkins

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 107 comments Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;) wrote: "I'm looking for a Paranormal Mystery/Suspense story. I just finished the Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland, and now I'm jiving for some more like it now! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :D"

I haven't read those yet so I can't compare but I've read Dominion by S.E. Lund and I think you might like it. It is PNR with a definite crime/mystery/suspense storyline. Book 3, Retribution, will be released Dec. 11.

Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund Ascension (Dominion, #2) by S.E. Lund