*YA Awesomeness* discussion

Monthly Reading > October Is Dystopian!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 365 comments Mod
This October we will be reading a dystopian book! Please suggest dystopian books here! I would really appreciate it. I will stop taking suggestions on the 25th of September. Please suggest some reads!

Thank you!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Diaz (literarygetaway) "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

message 3: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Looks like a good one. Thank you for your suggestion. IMPORTANT: YOU ONLY GET FIVE SUGGESTIONS PER MONTH! So, Andrea, if you wouldlike to suggest four more; feel free to do so.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments 1) Birthmarked
2) Wither
3) Enclave
4) Legend
5) Divergent

:) thanks for specifying the 5 book rule :)

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments Oh, here, here's the cover and such:

1) Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien
2) Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano
3) Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre
4) Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
5) Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth

message 6: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Ooh.. Good choices. They all look good. Maybe we can have a month where we read like twenty books? And we can all discuss them? Okay that would be too much work.. Never mind.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments I'm willing to quit my full time job for it ;) HAHAHHAHA!!!

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jazzyjams) | 183 comments Mod
Choices:
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld (with this one, it's placed in world war I but it has a steam-punk/futuristic vibe to it)

message 9: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Amy wrote: "I'm willing to quit my full time job for it ;) HAHAHHAHA!!!"

Isn't reading a full-time job? I would quit mine.

You can still suggest one more book, Jazzy.

message 10: by Erika (new)

message 11: by Jasmine (new)

Becca wrote: "Amy wrote: "I'm willing to quit my full time job for it ;) HAHAHHAHA!!!"

Isn't reading a full-time job? I would quit mine.

You can still suggest one more book, Jazzy."

I know... But I ran out of books that I REALLY REALLY wanted to read/REALLY REALLY LOVE that know one knows about... Well there are probably more, but my brain is being lazy...

message 12: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I hate it when my brain turns lazy... Mabe tomorrow

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments Lol!!! Yes, reading 20 books this month would be a good part time job ;) if only we could get paid for it... Sigh!!!

message 14: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Hey, I practically get paid to go on Goodreads. And on occasion, I count money! What better way to get paid?

message 15: by Jasmine (new)

I love counting money... It makes me feel special...

message 16: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Yes. It used to make me feel sick from all the contagions and stuff. But I am used to it.

message 17: by Jasmine (new)

I like counting it especially when it's mine...

message 18: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

That is the best kind to count. And then you multiplythat amount by ten, and brag that you have that much money to your mom, who tells you to go back home because you are a grown woman and don't need to spend time at her hoise twenty four seven

message 19: by Jonathan (last edited Sep 16, 2012 08:32PM) (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) Genesis
Uglies
Fever Crumb is the prequel to Mortal Engines but both are dystopian in nature. I think Mortal Engines is the better book since Fever Crumb was written afterwards.

They're about all I can think of that haven't been nominated already. Ah well it's somewhat futuristic dystopian so The Knife of Never Letting Go rounds off my list.

message 20: by Gigi (new)

Gigi (triv_s) | 49 comments Blood Red Road sounds amazing! I'd love to discuss Ugliest too

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments Becca wrote: "That is the best kind to count. And then you multiplythat amount by ten, and brag that you have that much money to your mom, who tells you to go back home because you are a grown woman and don't n..."

HAHAHAHHA!!! "mom guess what? I'm a millionaire!!" "Where did you come from Becca?!?!?!"

message 22: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I get that question a lot. Usually I answer "Venus" or "My mom". Yeah...

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments Lol "I came from you, don't you remember? I was that horrifying pain you had about 21 years ago..." hahaha!!

message 24: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I know... I am breaking my promise.... I wnat to end it today and go straight to voting today. But first I want to suggest a read or two...

The Hunger Games
The Eleventh Plague

The Eleventh Plague looks really good. And most of y'all are familiar with The Hunger Games.

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments Hm ill have to take a look at the eleventh plague...

message 26: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) When are we voting on these?

message 27: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

u

message 28: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Ugh... I will try to get it up tomorrow!

message 29: by Lulufrances (new)

Lulufrances Perfect my bday is in october (yesterday) and i Love dystopia

message 30: by Gigi (new)

Gigi (triv_s) | 49 comments Lulufrances wrote: "Perfect my bday is in october (yesterday) and i Love dystopia"

Well happy birthday for yesterday!

message 31: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

happy late birthday!

message 32: by Jasmine (new)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!