Destined (House of Night, #9) Destined discussion

Does anybody genuinely still like this series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, all the hate on the internet, this question needed to be asked. Does anybody still ACTUALLY like this series? Personally, I like it but I understand why people hate it because 1) it's pretty much uncensored teenage babble and 2) everyone agrees it NEEDS to end.

Sheila Adams I started this series just a couple of months ago, at my daughter's recommendation. The first few were fun. But I had access to all 9 without a wait - and after about the 5th, reading them was more like work... but I had to do it. LOL! I guess when I begin a series, I feel compelled to follow through to the end. Waiting for this to end! Kind of like the Sookie Stackhouse series. I just read the latest - Deadlocked. Big disappointment compared to the beginning of the books. But I will finish both, just because I have invested so much time in both series so far.

Toni me i still like this series and have been waiting for the next book to come out

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ I love stark and really want to know what is going to happen to heath/aurox. They are the only reasons i want to read Hidden. I miss Aphrodite's b!***iness too.

Shweta i love the series defenitely want to read the last book
(hope it is the last book!)
this series does need to end

Shweta Catherine wrote: "I love stark and really want to know what is going to happen to heath/aurox. They are the only reasons i want to read Hidden. I miss Aphrodite's b!***iness too."
u know aphrodite should've been the main character instead of zoe

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ Shweta wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I love stark and really want to know what is going to happen to heath/aurox. They are the only reasons i want to read Hidden. I miss Aphrodite's b!***iness too."
u know aphrodite ..."

that would certainly make things more interesting! Zoey drives me nuts.

message 8: by Amy (last edited Sep 19, 2012 08:11AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy I do not care for the series any more. Zoe's whining and Neferet is just CRAZY...OMG YOU LOST, GIVE IT UP ALREADY. I liked the Stevie Ray story line and LOVE Aphrodite. I have the next book on my to read list but I doubt I will. I could barely get through the last one.
As another reader put it, at this point it feels like work. It should have ended.

Jessica I do still like it...I am just getting really tired of how short they are and who there are so many different perspectives and how there are only about three days in the series.

Zahoor Belikov I agree with sheila about the fact that after the fifth book it became more like word
Im reading destined atm but im fighting the urge to rip the book apart!!!!
But i just can not leave it coz i started it!!!

message 11: by Ash (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ash After Zoey got into a love triangle I got turned off. And then they killed Heath, broke up with that other bloke, and then the bad guy stark ends up a red vampyre and takes an oath to her. There's just too much.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 02, 2012 10:04AM) (new)

I like it because it's so darn addicting and I REALLY want to know how it's going to end. I stopped liking it for the third to like 6th books. I hate that she always has a ton of guys. Like it's just gross to be honest. I mean I hated that Heath died, but I was glad because then there was only Stark. Less boy drama, lol. But now he's reincarnated as Aurox and I'm just like, "Crap, really?!"

But in all, the series is pretty addicting and I like it.

Also I'd like to add that when they started telling the story through everyone else perspective too it got a lot better. I love reading through Rephiam and Stevie Rae's points of view.

April I actually still really like this series and I do still love the characters and the storyline. I can't wait for Hidden to come out. I've actually read the whole series (the ones that are out).. about three times, so that I can remember what happens for the next book. I know what some of you may be thinking. Why would you read the whole series again? Why not just read the last book again?
Well because I want to remember the characters and their personalities, and how they are developing. Though for the last few I've read just the last book that came out, and then read the book that was just released. Though I do LOVE the series and the characters I kind of understand where some people are coming from. I like all the books in the series, but some of the books I feel could have been shortened into the previous book...

Though I do adore the series because it is addicting to read still. The drama and everything keeps getting better and better with each book. I just love the whole series and can't wait for Hidden to come out :)

April oh and also I love that they atarted showing the book through other characters perspectives. I find it really cool to read about Stevie Rae's, Rephaims, and Stark's perspective's.. They are my three favorite characters.. :)

April I honestly think that Aphrodite would be an awesome main character lol! Though I didn't really like her in the first two books.. But she grew on me.. I can honestly say, though (Sorry if I offend anyone. I don't mean to. It's just my opinion), but Zoey has been annoying since the first book. I understand that they are trying to portray teens and the fact that I want to be a novelist, I know how hard it is to write.. But I honestly don't think that Zoey is very mature for her age.. and honestly I was glad when they started to tell the books in other characters perspectives cuz I was getting tired of her "inner babbling". Though I do like her as a character she's on the bottom part of the list (of good guys anyway). But that's how I feel, Though I do LOOOOOOVVVEEEEE This series still :) <3

Veronica This series needs to end.

Grace Hubbard Nasra wrote: "Okay, all the hate on the internet, this question needed to be asked. Does anybody still ACTUALLY like this series? Personally, I like it but I understand why people hate it because 1) it's pretty ..."

That is so true. I enjoyed it at first but after around the fifth book grew bored so I just found out what happens on wikipedia. :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate this series...don't know why I keep reading it...sigh.

doctor PC Cast is really good at weaving in religion and different philosophies while still keeping a very open mind, which is nice to see in teen novels. She also has a lot of diverse characters in her novels (racially and characteristically.)
I think we're all frustrated with Zoey. She started out "okay", as in not that great but hey...characters can grow. In moments, she'll shine and prove herself worthy to Nyx and her friends, but hoo boy. She's kind of worthless the rest of the time.
I'm really in love with the two bulls and their symbolism, and how characters besides Zoe are developing (like ERIK AND THAT NEW GIRL?! OMG. I FANGIRLED REALLY HARD.)
Anybody else with me?

doctor Samantha wrote: "Natalie wrote: "PC Cast is really good at weaving in religion and different philosophies while still keeping a very open mind, which is nice to see in teen novels. She also has a lot of diverse cha..."

Jack was a horrible portrayal of a gay character. I'm...pretty anti-Glee, and it was obvious that Cast just gutted the Kurt pumpkin and plopped it down in front of us.
Damien is a little better(?) because he's portrayed as someone that's very educated (God, it's been forever, so forgive me if I write something wrong here) and is good at herding the group around.
It would be nice to see a lesbian couple show up?
The reason I like Kramisha is that she's our Poet Laureate (spelling? that should be right.) So, she has a way with words, but then they just get sloppy and rely on stereotypical "black talk" for her.

Melanie this is a pretty good series

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

it is pretty good

Lindis Russell Yes, I do. But I have a friend that quit buying them about four books ago, she would borrow mine. And she hasn't borrowed the last two at all. I really still like them. But I have to admit that it's too long between books, I tend to forget things when the new one comes out. So I actually can't wait for it to be over so I can read them again, one right after another.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Natalie wrote: "PC Cast is really good at weaving in religion and different philosophies while still keeping a very open mind, which is nice to see in teen novels. ..."
Good or bad awe?

message 25: by Cameryn (new) - added it

Cameryn No matter what this will always be one of my favorite series! Everyone hates how long it is, but personally i love long series! Im exstatic to see what happens next and what happens with Zoey, Stark, and Aurox! I definatly hope there is a couple more books! PC cast and Kristen cast are great authors!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Natalie wrote: "PC Cast is really good at weaving in religion and different philosophies while still keeping a very open mind, which..."
I agree...blogged about it, in fact.
http://roses-by-other-names.blogspot....

Courtney Cable no.

message 28: by Rakell G P (last edited Oct 19, 2012 10:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rakell G P Yes, I still like it.

Kathy No, I am ready for end already.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Rakell wrote: "Yes, I still like it."

Kathy wrote: "No, I am ready for end already."

I'm both, if that makes sense

Adrianna*Herondale* King i will never want this series to end . . . i still reread all of the books becase i love them so much :)

Jordan i love this series! it will never get old to me!

Paulene Honestly, I love the series. The first few books are amazing. But now I think that they are just finding ways to prolong the series because it was a hit to teens. I hope the series should end, the sooner the better. I'll keep reading the books to see how it goes.

message 34: by Kaz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kaz seriously..? i thought i would hate it at first.. since you know.. vamps. twilight shit (need i say more) -_- but still i was actually surprised when i finished the tenth book! i mean.. it was dang exciting! but i won't say that i loved it since i still had issues.. like hellooooooo slut much?? how many guys can a girl have in like.. how many months?? aren't they MOSTLY 3rd formers? like Damien and the rest of the nerd herds?? Ok I get that Zoey need to grow up faster than everybody else since she's special to Nyx. BUT C'MON!!!!!! anywaaay it's just waaay too much testosterone for me. Imean don't get me wrong. I like Stark though. :) so there. i still await for the 11th book like all ya'll mortals.

Maria Mercedes I like the series & still read it. I'm also not a teenager!

Courtney Lehrman I like the books, a lot....however, it's taking me longer and longer to get into them. I am ready for it to end, unlike other series I have read. I'm pretty sure there is only suppose to be 12 books. Has anyone paid attention to how much time has passed in the book. I feel like all of this is happening within just a few months. I'm also really tired of Zoey not believing in herself and kind of whining to Nyx.

message 37: by LAJones (new)

LAJones I liked the 1st 3 books and was like WOW how amazing and I was lost for words but now I feel it is the same storyline throughout and I just want the war/feud between Zoey and Neveret to be over!! When this happens maybe I will like it again and I really do not know if to read Awakened?

Jordan I love this series! still! I don't feel like they are seperate books cuz they are all just one big story

Azira Ziara I love the series and enjoy how it keeps surprising me with continuous guy drama. Okay... I have to admit that I am a bit like Zoey. Don't get me wrong I'm a good girl and still a virgin but I tend to like not be able to make up my mind about guys cause guys tend to be very complex beings. One moment he's Mr Nice Guy who will look after you and love you and the next he is Mr Possessive or Mr Jerk and whatnot. This series actually helps me by telling me what to do about these type of guys. Like Erik for example! He is almost the same as the guy I used to go out with. It makes me sick to put up with this shit. The series is long and it also helps me with my vocab since I am still a student. I'm dying to read Hidden and can't wait to find out more about the Aurox - Zoey - Stark situation. What happens to Aurox? How will it affect Zoey and Stark's relationship? God! Destined certainly left me hanging with a million questions.

Athena I still love this story. But I do this it needs to end soon. Though, saying that I nearly started squealing in the book store when I saw the new one. Lol. I don't have it he but I plan on getting it soon.

Enchanten Enchanten i actually started enjoying the series more from tempted, i think its because i dont like zoeys haracter and i actually find the stevie rae part quite interesting =] im buying these books at the moment as ive got nothing to read and have been reading them like a book worm...im on burned now. i think its a toss up between burned and destined so far on my favorites.

Chandini I liked the first 5 books in this series, but now I feel as though the story is wearing itself out. I literally have to drag myself to finish the last book, and why? because I feel compelled to finish a series once I am started,,guilty. I think Zoey is irritating and weak and does not deserve to be the star character of this book. Thank god for Stevie Rae and Rephraim.

message 43: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine saulnier Alexus wrote: "I like it because it's so darn addicting and I REALLY want to know how it's going to end. I stopped liking it for the third to like 6th books. I hate that she always has a ton of guys. Like it's ju..."

thank you somebody finally likes the series

message 44: by Fox (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fox D'aoust I like the series (i too found it addicting) but I'm getting annoyed buying all these books. They're like $20 bucks each and they're extremely short. It takes me like an hour to read one and I'm stuck waiting forever until the next one comes out. They're breaking them up solely to make money. If they cared about the fans I think the books would have been grouped togetehr. That would have made it better.

Enchanten Enchanten i like the series....i just want it to end... or at least move on from kalona and neferet and mabybe kill zoey in the process =]

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

YEAH! DIE ZOEY!!!

Linda I wish the series would end...I keep buying the books more out of a compulsion to finish the series, but some of the characters are getting on my nerves. Granted I am way past the YA age group, but still!

Enchanten Enchanten Brooke wrote: "YEAH! DIE ZOEY!!!"

LOLZ!

Pennie Hodgson literally exhausted reading this series now needs to END! only keep reading and buying because well i feel i have to once i start a series i have to end a series even if it has a character like zoey in it jeeeez i hate her !

Jordan Why does everyone hate Zoey? I like her and think she is a strong character.

« previous 1