The Sword and Laser discussion

Rush does Steampunk Novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (last edited Sep 16, 2012 09:42AM) (new)

Scott (srussell) | 16 comments I was just reading an article about a new novel by Kevin J Anderson called Clockwork Angels. It is a novel based on the concept of Rush's new album of the same name.

Concept:

"In a young man's quest to follow his dreams, he is caught between the grandiose forces of order and chaos. He travels across a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy, with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life."

I don't know how many Rush fans are out there but I find this to be a really cool idea. Are there any albums that you wish had a novel to expand upon your favorite album concepts?

message 2: by Paul (last edited Sep 16, 2012 11:25AM) (new)

Paul | 100 comments Shouldn't this be in the, "Do you listen to music while reading?" thread? :P

Haven't listened to Rush in a long time, but it sounds interesting. Not read a any SP before apart from a couple of the Reave novels.

Jon Anderson's solo album Olias of Sunhillow springs to mind. Not a great album by any means but has the scope for novelisation.
Maybe Genesis's Nursery Crimes would make for a dark SP book.

message 3: by Keith (new)

Keith (keithatc) The same Kevin J. Anderson who worked on the post-Frank Herbert Dune books?

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott (srussell) | 16 comments Keith wrote: "The same Kevin J. Anderson who worked on the post-Frank Herbert Dune books?"

The one and the same.