52 Books in 52 Weeks (2012) discussion

Reviews. > Week38. (16 - 22 Sep)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ali (new)

Ali (alialghamdi) | 124 comments Mod
"In this thread, everyone will post their reviews/opinions of the book they have read this week AFTER you rate/review it on your page. The purpose of this is so everyone can see what you read this week and read your review without having to visit each profile. Some of you have their profiles locked, so this saves you the trouble of unlocking it.

ANY COMMENTS THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO THAT MATTER WILL BE DELETED.

The format will be like this:

Name of book.
Author.
n/5 stars.

"Your simple opinion/extended review/one word that expresses what you thought of the book. GO CRAZY! Anything counts. Don't feel pressured."

Link to your review.

Also, this allows us to be organized, so even if a member didn't log in for about a month, they can add the book they've read to the appropriate thread.

THANK YOU ALL!

EDIT:
As I've mentioned in the guidelines, one word or a simple opinion counts as a 'review'. I only called it that because Goodreads calls it that."

Now let's see your achievements, awesome people.

message 2: by M (new)

M Naser (modidoody) | 54 comments Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
By J.K.Rowling
5/5
What an awesome sad part, i loved the part hated the end of it .. but given that i already watched the movies i know what shall happen in the next part. :D

message 3: by Sara (last edited Sep 19, 2012 04:36AM) (new)

Sara (sarasization) | 53 comments RECOMMENDED

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
The Last Lecture
by Randy Pausch

4/5

LOVED this book!! It's a real story about a university professor that gets diagnosed with pencriatic cancer so he offers to make a lecture called "The Last Lecture" to talk to people not about dying but about living and really achieving their childhood dreams. It's very INSPIRING! a book that everybody must read at least once in their life.

message 4: by Ali (new)

Ali (alialghamdi) | 124 comments Mod
سيد رجال التاريخ محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم
علي الطنطاوي
4/5 stars.

سيد رجال التاريخ محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم by علي الطنطاوي

كتاب جميل وممتع مليء بمقالات كتبها الطنطاوي جزاه الله خيرًا عن خير الخلق وأشرفهم وسيدهم محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم، نفحة إيمانية في هذا الكتاب وذكريات جميلة.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 62 comments One Pink Line by Dina Silver
Book: One Pink Line
Author: Dina Silver
Genre: Drama, Fiction, Chick-Lit
Finished Date: 18.Sept.2012
Rating: ★★★★☆
Review:

≈ *sigh* what a lovely book that was? I honestly read way too many books about soon-to-be-single-moms and by great writers nonetheless. I was rarely impressed with them but this one is one of the rare good ones. ≈

message 6: by Johara (new)

Johara Almogbel | 52 comments Of Mice and Men Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Short, nicely written, and utterly heartbreaking. I had a feeling something was going to go horribly wrong, but I couldn't have put the book down even if I'd wanted to.

I definitely recommend this. It's only about a hundred pages or so, too, and an easy enough read I finished it in an hour and some, so if you're looking for a filler book, this is a good option.