UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Chris Ward - The most badass author you've never heard of (and never will unless you read this thread)

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Sep 16, 2012 03:10AM) (new)

Chris Ward | 40 comments Hello, okay, I've left the ego in the thread title. I actually didn't realise this was a group for authors, I just wanted to hang out with people from the UK since all I ever seem to do is hang out with Americans. I like Americans, of course (I live in Japan and half my friends are Americans), but the book I've got out is set mostly in London so Americans probably can't get it as well, but only about 10 people in the UK have ever read it which I feel is a bit of a shame.

Anyway, I wrote a book called The Tube Riders. I've written a few others, but that's the best one, at least so I'm told. I've only sold about 50 copies but I keep getting good reviews so perhaps it is good after all, which is a relief. It's got a train on the front because its got a lot of trains in it, but I'm thinking to change the cover soon because there's a lot of other stuff in it too.

If you're interested you can click my profile. It's available in ebook and paperback. The paperback looks cool but to be honest it's a massive rip off and I only make about 13p on each sale because the book is so long and the production costs are so high. If you want to make me happy buy the ebook!

Anyway, more about me - I'm from Cornwall and I wore a Cornish kilt at my wedding in Japan. How many people can say that, eh? ;-) My wife is way hotter than I deserve and my cat is way cuter than any other cat, ever.

See you,

Chris

message 2: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7914 comments This isn't a group for authors, it's a group for everyone.

Welcome to your thread.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 40 comments Thanks, welcome to my thread to you too!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments Hi Chris, as Elle says, this isn't a group for authors but it is a group with authors.

I hope you carry on hanging around with us just for fun. You are clearly a novice on the 'author promotion' thing. In your author thread it is perfectly OK to add links to your books!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Tube-Ride...

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 40 comments Cheers! I hate spamming people. I can't stand it when people do it to me and I try not to do it to them. In general I've found that endlessly shoving your books in people's faces makes them less likely to what to buy them.

And anyway, that's why Twitter exists ...! ;-)

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (Katiewstewart) | 853 comments You must be a good guy, Chris. You have the same name as a member of my family. I did a bit of a double-take when I saw the thread.

And my iPad just corrected Chis to Christ...I work in a Catholic School.

Welcome.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61381 comments Oh lord.

My iPad keeps doing the same, Katie!

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 40 comments Haha, must be a sign...!

Oh, the joys of a common name. I googled my name once and one of the things I found was an internet company that sells Swiss-made watches at relatively low costs. If you like timepieces google "christopher ward london". I can testify to the quality as I bought one for the wife's birthday and it's absolutely beautiful. Way better than my books. Plus it's kind of cool getting emails from "yourself"!

I'm also a chess grandmaster, a pro surfer, and an exorcist. Haven't needed that service yet...!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61381 comments Any chance of you sorting out this boring old bottle of water next to me?

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 40 comments Hey Adam, thanks. If you want a free ebook copy let me know.