Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7) Kingdom of the Wicked discussion

China?! Were have you gone?! -_-

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Gibson Was anyone else kinda irritated at the fact we saw literally no China in the latest book?! I know she was in the parallel universe but I don't really count that as it is a parallel universe and our real skulduggery books are in its own universe. But Derek didn't really speak of her at all, I was kinda expecting her to pop up out of nowhere or get a chapter of some sorts about what she's doing. It kinda annoyed me because to be honest she's one of my favorite characters in the entire series and I think she was mentioned once. I hope she returns in the next book, it just isn't really the same without good ol' china and her awesome spells to rely on. What do you guys think?

Hud-c Totally agree. There was CHINA of the past but no CHINA of the present. Why Derek Landy? Are you cooking something up that will explode in the next book? Because if that's so, this mistake can be entirely forgiven.

Hina I wasn't irritated. It was to be expected since we're following the view point of Valkyrie and I don't think her and Skulduggery would have liked to see let alone talk to her anytime soon. I thought it was pretty awesome that she was in the parallel universe.

Hud-c I was surprised too that Derek will add a parallel universe in KOTW. We can just imagine the havoc that would happen in the next book. Can't wait. And by the way who remembers Keith, the reporter? I was expecting to see more of him but he only graced the last few pages of KOTW. :(

message 5: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Gibson Oh yeah! He kinda dropped completely off the radar! I was expecting him to play a big part in this book after reading Death Bringer. Also Derek seemed to have done the same with Tanith. She was one of the favorites and once that remnant was inside of her, she dropped off the face of the series completely.

Hina That I agree with. After the cliffhanger in Death Bringer I was definitely expecting more of the reporter, but he was mentioned a little and I'm guessing things like making sure your facts are correct and gathering enough evidence takes time. I'll definitely be expecting more of him in the next book.

Hud-c @Hina & Joe: Yeah, Derek seems to drop some characters. But I guess will be seeing them in the next one. Or I'll protest maniacally. Anyway, how many books will be in the series officially? I heard there will be 2 books before everything ends.

Kaketin Who Because she is now the bad Val and Skulduggery dont want anything to do with her. They dont want her to help them even though they know she can.
I agree though, she is a really good character to have. And I did miss her but there is a reason he didnt put her in too much in the last one. She had to become a smaller character because of all the big ones he has in the books already.

Kaketin Who Hud-c wrote: Anyway, how many books will be in the series officially? I heard..."

There are going to be about 10 books in the series. (not including book 6.5) So three more approx. That's what I read on the website.

message 10: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Gibson Hud-c wrote: "@Hina & Joe: Yeah, Derek seems to drop some characters. But I guess will be seeing them in the next one. Or I'll protest maniacally. Anyway, how many books will be in the series officially? I heard..."
There will be 9 books. I remember checking it before and they'd extended it to 9 and this is the final trilogy. Not like it's noticeable because nothings really started to fall into place for the finally yet.

James I was very sad at the lack of China in this book. Though having now finished it, I don't think there was room to do a meeting with her, and be able to do sufficient justice to the fall out of what was said in Death Bringer. There was so much going on in KOTW that it might half felt over full or clunky with that in there too. Also I think China has done what she does best, run off to hide and lick her wounds.

I think what Derek seems to be doing in terms of dropping off characters is saving up for an EPIC finale in book 9, Im suspecting that instead of having it's own 9th book centric mystery like the others, it will be a round up blow out, tying everything up. Least that's what I'm hoping for! It's certainly looking EPIC!

Aurora There was hardly any Tanith, which I think was worse. China...she's always been slightly on the periphery. I think her absence is important though.

Valencia Cain I so have a feeling that China is going to return in the next 2 books with an evil plan on her mind, she might team up with someone really crazy, imagine Sanguine and Tanith and Clarabelle and Nye and China and many others against the Sanctuary and Val and SKul? Oh God that would be ONE HUGE TURN! It would be a shock to hear that Chine is back to worshipping the Faceless Ones, we never really know what she was doing in the library anyway...oh and if you remember clearly in 'Dark Days' China actually attacked a few people in her library when Fletcher and Valkyrie were about to leave with her to the Farm to get SKul back. I dont see why she would 'use magic' on them to 'force them off' because they 'were not following the rules of her oh so awesome library, returning books on time or whatsoever'. I didnt understand why she did that, or why those people looked to harm her, would they be allowed in the building anyway?!?!? China was up to something in the pat 7 books that we do not know of, maybe it will all spin open?
Skulduggery did say that China was a women not to trust, he was right alllll along. I never liked China anyway, she was always so....'herself' as in= my shoes. Her delicate self was annoying me, i hated her. I hated her and still do.
I.Hope.She.Gets.The.Ending.She.Deserves.Just.Like.Everyone.Else.
Revenge@Skulduggery.com is on the way! hahaha!
Hope she pops up soon.

Jasmine Valerie wrote: "I so have a feeling that China is going to return in the next 2 books with an evil plan on her mind, she might team up with someone really crazy, imagine Sanguine and Tanith and Clarabelle and Nye ..."

Thank you. Someone else who hates China!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Didn't really pay attention to the abscence of real world China tbh

Wren Helaina wrote: "China will make a grand enterance in the last book revealing eveyrthing if not more"

Good prediction.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, did you guys hear that the title of the eight book is going to be Last Stand of Dead Men?

Puspita Hapsari my heart crushed to pieces when i read the title for book 8.. i just knew Derek would kill off God knows how many of the Dead Men.. i hope it wouldn't be Dexter or Ghastly...
anyway, i have a feeling Derek is planning something big what with disappearing China and the reporter (i thought his name was Kenny)
Elisa Scorn almost got her killed in Death Bringer, i hope she'd know better than to go up against Skulduggery and Valkyrie.
as for the reporter, i have a suspicion Derek plans to have sorcerers live side by side with mortals without having to hide magic and Kenny would play a big role in it. ooh,this excites me!
by the way, who was the man with golden eyes who told Sean to go back to his friends? i missed his identity completely. :(