Kenyons Minions discussion

Dark-Hunter Series > Dream Warrior (Book 17) **Possible Spoilers**

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess How did everyone like Dream Warrior? I just finished it and I thought it was amazing. I love the new direction that Kenyon is headed in with the Dogs of War and Nick.

I think the next few books are going to be fantastic. And I would love to learn more about Jared and jaden, they have a strange relationship.

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam i'm on page 233 and loving it

Julianna Clemmer | 3 comments I finished it the day I got it, I couldn't put it down. I love it, but I'm super curious about the relationship with Jared and Jaden and also Nick and Madoc since I thought all of his family was dead.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) Just got my copy from Amazon.co.uk today, going to bed soon with a cup of tea and don't expect to get up on time for work tomorrow

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess Oh I am sooo curious about Jared and Jaden. I wonder if they were lovers?? I feel like that's where Kenyon was going. Did anyone else get that feeling?

message 6: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I haven't started it yet. I'm just beginning to read another series and am trying to finish that one before sinking my teeth into DW.

I'm just stubborn enough for this forced SK abstinence to work. ;)

message 7: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) Archeron has spoilt me by its length - I am just so dissapointed when I see the other SK books - I want them to be the same length as A. I enjoyed the book but wanted more detail - I m sure it will come but Im impatient.

I love the dark hunters and just not sure if I am going to like where SK is taking us - I hope Im wrong

message 8: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Acheron has spoiled me. Period.

That was the climax of the series if you ask me. Although I wish the second part was the same length as the first.

I don't think I'll enjoy further books as much as I enjoyed the series before Ash, but I think I'll persevere. I'm waiting for Jaden now. He intrigues me.

But I doubt I'll read any of the Chronicles of Nick stories. I liked Nick as a human, but now...I just want to bitch-slap him to kingdom come.

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) I may try one of the Chronicles of Nick but the name of the series just does not do it for me - If I saw it in a bookshop I would not pick it up, if I had not already read the DH. I agree I liked Nick as a human but he does irrate me now

message 10: by Sam (last edited Feb 11, 2009 01:48PM) (new)

Sam Alathea wrote: "Acheron has spoiled me. Period.

That was the climax of the series if you ask me. Although I wish the second part was the same length as the first.

I don't think I'll enjoy further books as much a..."

Althea, both of the 2 books following Ash plus the short story are all in keeping with the previous books, just building up a new world. Ash is still involved, and you'll see favorite DH's and other characters pop up!!! The only issue I have is I agree with Paula the length of Acheron spoils you and i wish they were ALL that long.

I'm still loving the series and was really worried that after Acheron that I wouldn't.

message 11: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I have all the books following Acheron in my TBR pile and I'll start on them as soon as I finish the series I'm reading (I have already read Fury's story), but I'm not itching to read them as I used to.

I've had a problem with the series for a while now. I loved the first few, but then it just went downhill. Ash has restored a little of my faith, but still, I'm skeptic.

And the whole "new world" building...It's too much. As I wrote in my review for Dream Chaser (which I liked), I continuously get the urge to grab pen and paper and make notes so I can keep up with all the different creatures and characters that keep popping up. It's somewhat distracting.

And as I said, I'm waiting for Jaden. I like his eyes. *grin*

message 12: by Chasidy (last edited Feb 13, 2009 01:23PM) (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments I started reading some of the posts on here then immediately stopped myself. It completely slipped my mind that Dream Warrior came out this month and I completely forgot. I definitely need to head out TODAY to pick up my copy and get dragged back into the DH world. Which I absolutely LOVE I might add.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 19 comments Hey guys

This is a random question. Do you need to read all the anthologies in order to understand the series? I've been reading in order but skipping all the short stories and I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing anything?

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess I read the short stories and they are basically stories about characters in the DH series that you don't really see in the main series.

One of them was about a DH in Italy I believe.. one was about Dracula and his wife (who are both DH).. I can't really remember the others.

It's not really integral to the series, but they were interesting. You could read them after the series which is what I did, and everything made sense.

message 15: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) I generally don't read them, for various reasons, and don't think that I have missed anything. Short stories tend to wind me up so I never bother

message 16: by Kim (new)

Kim | 2 comments Okay I just finished Dream Warrior and I loved it! I am really very excited about the new direction the story is taking. However I do have a problem. We are introduced to all these new characters and new plot. I have soooo many questions and we don't get a new book until ???? She needs to write faster!! Does anyone know the timeline for new releases?

message 17: by Sam (last edited Feb 28, 2009 07:37AM) (new)

Sam LOL Kim. Authors NEVER write fast enough. I think the next book out is this summer in August. Bad Moon Rising -Aimee and Fang's story. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #26) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 18: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments They finally got it in at Borders but I decided to check out Walmart first because there books are cheaper. Luckily they finally got it in as well so tonight I will start it.

message 19: by Chasidy (last edited Mar 09, 2009 04:27PM) (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments The book was.. too short! Im sure you all agree when I say I wanted it longer. The way SK described Jericho in the first chapter with nothing but his black tank and grease smothered on his body and his uniform tied at his waist, boy that something.

I hated the fact everything seemed so fast, or maybe it was just the fact I plowed through the book and kept wondering how the story was going to end. By the time I reached the last chapter I wanted to cry because I didnt want to story to finish it. Im glad things turned out well between Jericho and Delphine. There was so much going on in this story. All the new characters, twists involoving Jared and Jaden, The Malachai's/Nick's protectors (by the way, I'm so looking forward to seeing how that goes down), and that cute, sarcastic demon named Asmodeus. He is something, and I loved his witty humor. Haha, I kept looking forward to his interaction with the other characters. Is anyone loving the new Zarek? I'm so happy he's being more "social". I see him and Jericho becoming best friends in the future. They seem so... alike. Both of course were royally screwed over in the past.

Oh and I couldn't remember Simi's friend's name. That's Alexion's demon now right? I can't remember who gave it to him.

message 20: by Michelle (last edited Mar 09, 2009 04:32PM) (new)

Michelle | 19 comments I haven't read the book yet but Alexion's demon is Simi's sister! I love those two demons! She popped up during Alexion and Dangers story... i think?

message 21: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Oh that's right! Does anyone know where Simi's friend is from or which book he was in? You know the boy with the goggles and pink bunny. Was it is Stryker's story?

message 22: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca After "Acheron", the series seemed to be a little anti-climatic, but I think this book is starting to set up the second major arc of the series. It was way too short, but I love all the intriguing little teases we got.

Jared and Jaden, especially, intrigue me. I hope they do end up being lovers, but the unanswered question is almost more intriguing than knowing for sure. I'm a sucker for mutual self-sacrifice.

message 23: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments I'm thinking Jared and Jaden are brothers or something, though lovers would make a much more interesting story.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 19 comments Jared totally intrigued me in OSN and now that Jaden was introduced in Dream Warrior I can't wait to hear more about them. I'm thinking they are brothers??? Why else would they have such similar names? It took me a while to differentiate between the two... IF they end up being lovers then that would be such a twist.

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess They definitely have some sort of relationship, but I didn't get the brother feel. I definitely got more of lover vibe between the two of them. Jaden was so pissed that Jared used his out to help get freedom for Jaden... I don't know, we'll find out eventually. I hope sooner rather than later

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 19 comments Did anyone catch the end of Dream Warrior where it mentions that Nick and M'Adoc are related? I was trying to put it together. How would they be related???

message 27: by Jess (new)

Jess Yeah, I don't know what that was about!! Maybe M'Adoc is like a great grandfather or something. Did it imply they were related, or just that he knew Nick, I forget.

message 28: by Michelle (last edited Mar 12, 2009 04:25PM) (new)

Michelle | 19 comments The last line of the book was talking about the Malachai. I forget who M'Adoc was talking to but that person said something like this to M'Adoc....."Does he know you two are related?"

message 29: by Chasidy (last edited Mar 12, 2009 05:27PM) (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments It was Jared who M'Adoc was talking to. Jared mentioned he was helping to train the new Malachai and Jared wanted to know if anyone else knew him and Nick were related.

I'm thinking.. I don't know. There's just too many possibilities running through my head. Im thinking M'Adoc is his father though it's impossible because M'Adoc has been a dream God for how long? I keep telling myself he could have seduced Nick's mother by making a deal with Jared. Is Jared the demon broker or is Jaden? Or like I mentioned to Michelle, M'Adoc could be Nick's Father's brother. Ugh, who knows! My head is starting to hurt trying to wrap my head around all of this. lol

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 19 comments Now doesn't this get you thinking? I believe that Jaden is the demon broker. Jared is the one who belonged to Zephrya, right? Nick's father was suppose to be the original last remaining Malachai so I'm not sure if M'Adoc would be Nick's father. Argh... I hate waiting for the next book.. hehe

message 31: by Bradley (new)

Bradley Hmm.. my book has a dream warrior.. =)

Dreamsbane of Tamalor

message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) OOOOOO! I am so reading this book next!!
I made the mistake of clicking on this topic when I haven't read the book yet (I have it, I just haven't picked it up to read) and you all have me hooked with this talk of Jared and Jaden and now the Malachai!!
*looks at watch*
Work day needs to end!!

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 19 comments I feel you Kimberely! I wish the work day was shorter so that I could spend more time reading!

message 34: by Jess (new)

Jess I'm thinking that M'adoc is like the grandfather or something. Damn. What if she doesn't even address it in the next book. She has so much stuff going on!

message 35: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments If she doesn't mention anything about Nick and M'Adoc I will absolutly DIE! Okay that was a bit dramatic, but still I'm dying to know what this twist with M'Adoc being related to Nick is.

message 36: by Jess (new)

Jess Well the next book is about Fang and Aimee right? I'm not sure if she will delve into everything that Dream Warrior had going on. It might just be set in the shifter world. Although, she does tie everyone together very nicely. So maybe she will mention it?

message 37: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Even if it's a slight hint I'll love it. I guess we'll see when the book comes out. I'm curious to see what goes on between Fang and Aimee. Aren't they supposedly on the pirate ship now? Or is that another character? I remember reading one of the books and I think they were on the run from someone. Oh hell, maybe I'm thinking of someone else. =/

message 38: by Jess (last edited Mar 14, 2009 04:58PM) (new)

Jess I think that was one of the anthologies...

All I know is that they're not supposed to be together because Aimee's family is pissed that he's not a bear. I wouldn't wanna piss off a family of were bears either lol. And didn't Fang just get better? Wasn't he all mute for awhile after him and his brother were attacked? Or am I confusing the brother's lol. There's Vane, Fang and Fury right?

message 39: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Ditto on that one Jess. I wouldn't want to piss off a family of were-bears. I'm pretty sure Fang just got better, he's talking now but I think only to Aimee. I don't remember. There's so much that happened after Ash's book that my mind had been circling around that trying to figure things out. Now that Fang's story is coming out, I just cant seem to wrap my head around what happened. Do you remember which books he was mentioned in? I definitely should browse through my marked pages of the books.

message 40: by Jess (new)

Jess As far as I remember, in Vane's book we're introduced to Fang and Fury. Fang was injured when him and his brother Vane were ambushed. I think that was the night that their father tried to have them killed and their pack was killed. I think it was Night Play. Then we see them again later on in the series through different books. Then there was the anthology with Fury and his mate, where we see them again.

I forgot which book we see Fang talking again though. I think it was recent.. i just can't remember. There are too many books and anthologies lol.

message 41: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Haha I know what you mean. After I finished Dream Warrior I picked up WARD's Dark Lover. I finished that a few nights ago and so now I'm on Lover Awakened. I figured I might as well catch up on the BDB series before the newest book is released. There's just too much books to read to keep track of everything so I try to read the entire series before picking up the new one.

message 42: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Chasidy, the lil steampunk demon is Nim. Yes, he's from Stryker's story.

I thought Dream Warrior was fast fast fast. Too fast! With all the new characters and storylines we're being introduced to, I would have liked more info. I know she uses the Dream books as bridge books, but I feel like the Source storyline is a little all over the place at the moment. Give me back my tight plot with proper explanations!

Love love love Zarek and Bob.

Also really like Asmodeus. He reminds me of Kish.

Jaden I am intrigued by, like everyone else. For some stupid reason, I'm having a hard time keeping Jared and Jaden straight though. I sorta wish she hadn't given us such similarly named characters at the same time.

message 43: by Kizzy (last edited Mar 20, 2009 08:19AM) (new)

Kizzy (kizzyanel) | 4 comments Jess wrote: "Oh I am sooo curious about Jared and Jaden. I wonder if they were lovers?? I feel like that's where Kenyon was going. Did anyone else get that feeling?"

I definitely got that feeling. I'm a little late on the uptake and just finishing up the book. But that would just make my day if they were!

message 44: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Jared and Jaden! Woo Hoo!! Besides the similar names, I need a cheet sheet for them.
Jared had the demon named Nimrod and Jaden has the sword? Yes?

It would be great if they were lovers, but I have the feeling they are related. Like either brothers or father and son. Maybe?
I only say related because, IMO, SK hasn't given any glimps into a M/M relationship that I've read. I might be wrong, but I don't remember any. But who knows, she might surprise us with something!

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 19 comments Yes I believe that Jared is the one w/ Nim. I just think Nim is so adorable! He's also the one who belonged to Zephrya... right?

Jaden is the broker... is that right?

message 46: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Broker?
Okay now I am really confused!
Anyone care to do a character breakdown or point me in the direction of one?
So confused.....

message 47: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Jaden is the demon broker and is the property of the Source. We met him in Xypher's book. When a demon wants something, he summons Jaden and makes a deal.

Jared is the last Sephiroth, in opposition to Nick being the last Malachai. He's the one that was held by Zephyra. He's also Nim's akri.

But wait...in Dream Warrior, which one was held captive along with the Dolophoni? Is it Jaden?

message 48: by Jess (new)

Jess Jaden was held captive along with the Dolophoni, and he gave up that medallion? or something to Jared thinking that Jared would save himself from his own slavery. But instead he used it to barter for Jaden's freedom.

Jaden was pissed when he found out, and very upset that Jared would do that. So either they are brothers or they are lovers. If they were just friends he wouldn't have been so upset.

message 49: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I am so mixing medallions and amulets. There's the god killer amulet that Zephyra wanted in exchange for Jared. Who gave to her again? Was that this book? Shit. I read it way too fast and now bits are falling away like info crammed for an exam!

message 50: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments This book was definitely too short and unfortunately didn't entirely "convince" me. I was hoping for more of a bang after the first few chapters, but it seemed a little anti-climatic.

I was more engrossed with the secondary characters than what was happening with Jericho and Delphine.

I think Jared and Jaden are brothers, though. They can both read minds, hear the thoughts form, before they pop up into someone's mind. That is a bit too similar to be a coincidence.
Maybe they're half-brothers, which would explain Jaden being the reason for Jared's betrayal of the Sephirii...Maybe they wanted to off Jaden for being "half-blood" and Jaren protected his brother by commiting the ultimate sin of betrayal.

But what do I know? We'll just have to wait and see what AG has in store for us.

« previous 1