UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Bloody Scotland

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nigel (new)

Nigel Bird (nigelbird) | 195 comments I'm not going to go in to too much detail here (it's early), but I thought this deserved its own thread.

I was in Stirling for the Bloody Scotland festival yesterday and had a brilliant time.

There were great events and I had the chance to catch up with writing friends whom I know in 'real life' and also quite a few who up until now have been 'virtual buddies'.

The thing that I enjoyed most was the relaxed atmospher in which visitors and authors mixed easily within the same spaces - the writers were all approachable from what I could see and happy to chat with fans (and I suppose with critics, also).

I'm posting early to say that if you live within a reasonable distance of Stirling or own a jet, I'd recommend it for a wonderful Sunday out. There are some great events today, though I'm not sure they go on very late - check first.

I'm hoping it will become a well-established festival one day - it certainly deserves that.

Thanks.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Thanks for the info, Nigel. Sounds great. Wd love to head back up to Scotland next year so will put on the 'to do' list.

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I think this would be better in the general chat section Nigel. it's not an announcement..

but thanks for the info.

message 4: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments It does sound good, I'd be tempted to go down next year (meet up Karen!)

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Yey, see you there Jud!

message 6: by Nigel (new)

Nigel Bird (nigelbird) | 195 comments I'm sure it will be on again next year - it was fantastic.

I've written my thoughts at my blog should you be interested http://nigelpbird.blogspot.co.uk/2012...

I'll definitely be going back.

message 7: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I shall look out for it as well! Thanks Nigel!

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments thanks for your blog link, Nigel.
Was at Edinburgh lit fest a few years ago and heard Ian Rankin speaking, and thought it was a lovely atmosphere in Charlotte Sq but, as you say, the authors don't 'mingle' much so Stirling sounds much cosier. For a crime scene.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Nigel wrote: "I'm sure it will be on again next year - it was fantastic.

I've written my thoughts at my blog should you be interested http://nigelpbird.blogspot.co.uk/2012...

I'll defini..."

You should add your blog to the group ring.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 10: by Nigel (new)

Nigel Bird (nigelbird) | 195 comments Thanks - I'll do that.

n

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yay!

Oh and if you need help?

Don't frigging ask me!

I haven't a clue.

All I do is read them.