Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Themes > Friends to Lovers

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lemon (last edited Sep 15, 2012 09:14PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Any good HP recommendations with the friends to lovers/childhood friends to lovers theme? Anyone, anyone??

Here are some I have read before. Caveat- I have loved some, not so some others:

A Night with the Society Playboy (Nights of Passion, #3) Ally Blake.

The Man She Loves To Hate Kelly Hunter.

Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress Kelly Hunter.

The Dark Side of Desire Michelle Reid.

Innocent on Her Wedding Night: Ruthless Sara Craven.

Craving Jamie Emma Darcy.

On the First Night of Christmas Heidi Rice (not really friends to lovers, but they knew each other in high school).

Mistress In Private (Harlequin Presents Extra) Julie Cohen.

Mission: Makeover Penny Jordan.

No Friend of Mine Lilian Peake.

Contract with Consequences Miranda Lee (not really friends to lovers, but they were classmates).

message 2: by Verity (last edited Sep 15, 2012 09:22PM) (new)

Verity | 567 comments Kim Lawrence - Accidental baby
Amanda Carpenter - Waking up
Charlotte Lamb - Stranger in the night

Will post more when my brain isn't this mushy.

message 3: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Verity wrote: "Kim Lawrence - Accidental baby
Amanda Carpenter - Waking up

Will post more when my brain isn't this mushy."

Thanks, V!

message 4: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments love this topic too,will post when my brain has become free of reading a CC book.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Usually the ones I read happen to be strangers until the beginning of the book or some sort of rivals turned lover. Not sure how the friend theme would work if as exciting.

message 7: by Lemon (last edited Sep 16, 2012 09:47AM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Erin wrote: "Usually the ones I read happen to be strangers until the beginning of the book or some sort of rivals turned lover. Not sure how the friend theme would work if as exciting."

It's probably not for everyone, but this is my favorite storyline. I like the underlying tenderness in a relationship developing between friends. It may not be as exciting, but it doesn't mean the tension or passion are not there. Phew, check out Michelle Reid's The Dark Side of Desire, for instance.

But anyway, not trying to convert you- to each her own.

message 8: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Sweet Surrender with the Millionaire
Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded
Waking Up
Guardian Angel"

Thanks Lady D!

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
You're so welcome, Lulu.

This is a good theme. I like knowing that the H/h care about each other before they get involved, and it's not just about sexual gratification.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I love this theme, and I don't think enough HP's use it. It seems to be more common in Desires and Blazes from what I can tell.