Young Adult Reads discussion

Qeya (Heaven's Edge #1)
This topic is about Qeya
Read 2 Review > Qeya by Jennifer Silverwood - r2r (59) signups

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey y'all welcome back for another r2r this time by Jennifer Silverwood

Remember to post your review link in this feed. You also don't have to own a blog to participate although it is encourage that you please post your review in another site along with goodreads. Be it Amazon(US, UK, etc), B&N, and/or any other place the book is up for sale.

Synopsis:
Qeya has spent her life set to drift on heaven's edge. Being Royal means more than being groomed to rule her home planet. She can't do much about her red hair, but she knows how to wield a scythe blade and suck the life out of her enemy, literally.

Destined to be the Orona, the Voice of her people, she does her best to train the children and overcome her secret fears. The fact that her whole life has already been planned out for her, including the person she will marry, has never occurred to bother her.

Until her ship is attacked and nearly everyone on board is murdered. If she hadn't run into the filthy miner who saved her life, Second Deck might never have jettisoned into the atmosphere of the hostile world her people were exploring.

Now, the Royal children have become the backwater scions of the universe, and the miner who saved her is the only thing standing between them and the hungry beasts hunting them.

Forced to lead before she is ready, Qeya must find a way to put aside ancient prejudices so they can all survive. Old enemies must form new alliances if they are to last the night. For no one knows the secrets of the new world and only a few can survive the living nightmares at heavens edge.

Due date: Oct. 6

IF YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR ANY OF THE OTHER R2R'S AND HAVE NOT POSTED YOUR REVIEW LINKS, YOU MAY NOT SIGN UP!
-Your comment will be deleted if: You are on the banned list, signed up for another r2r, or comment after signups close.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 17, 2012 06:54AM) (new)

Read above toughly

15 to 20 Smashwords coupon

Names
Tt - ttsloveforbookreviews@gmail.com
Hannah
Lori - Llevise@gmail.com
Helena
Lilac

message 3: by Tanecia (new) - added it

Tanecia  (books101) | 2 comments I guess I will be the first one to sign up! The cover is awesome-sauce (I believe Jennifer drew it herself) and the synopsis.sounds great and Jennifer's my friend, so sounds good to me ! :D

ttsloveforbookreviews@gmail.com

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments ~♥Minnie♥~ wrote: "Read above toughly

Names
Tt - ttsloveforbookreviews@gmail.com"

Aw thanks Tt!

Hannah Kollef | 19 comments Hi! I'd love a copy. This sounds very intriguing!

My email is kollefh11@mail.wlu.edu

-Hannah Kollef

message 6: by Tanecia (new) - added it

Tanecia  (books101) | 2 comments Jennifer wrote: "~♥Minnie♥~ wrote: "Read above toughly

Names
Tt - ttsloveforbookreviews@gmail.com"

Aw thanks Tt!"

:D I will be reading it in a couple of days! Thanks!

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori Levise | 12 comments I'd like to beincluded! I got a little behind on my reading (just moved) but hurt my back again so I guess I'll have tonsof time to catch back up and then some. I have a Nook. Thanks!

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Lori wrote: "I'd like to beincluded! I got a little behind on my reading (just moved) but hurt my back again so I guess I'll have tonsof time to catch back up and then some. I have a Nook. Thanks!"
It's always wonderful when you get extra time to read! Is there any chance I could have your email so I can send you the coupon? You should be able to download the correct file through Smashwords :) If you'd rather email me first feel free- secretgrottoayin@gmail.com
Thanks so much for wanting to sign up :)

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori Levise | 12 comments Llevise@gmail.com Geez, I can't belive I forgot that! Thanks! Lori

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Lori wrote: "Llevise@gmail.com Geez, I can't belive I forgot that! Thanks! Lori"

No problem lol I've actually done that before too :)

message 11: by pinK (new) - rated it 5 stars

pinK (pinkspo0n) | 16 comments If this is still available, I just completed my first R2R, and would love to make this one my second.

hsuther1@my.chemeketa.edu

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Helena wrote: "If this is still available, I just completed my first R2R, and would love to make this one my second.

hsuther1@my.chemeketa.edu"

Hey Helena! No problem :) Anyone can sign up, long as you can finish by the sixth lol. And it's under a hundred pages so I think you're good. I'll send you the email!

message 13: by pinK (new) - rated it 5 stars

pinK (pinkspo0n) | 16 comments Oh, finishing by the sixth was definitely not a problem. ;)

I've already completed this book. My review can be found on Amazon as well as Goodreads.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 18 comments Is this still open? If it is can I sign up - maggiemcgonagll@yahoo.com

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Lilac wrote: "Is this still open? If it is can I sign up - maggiemcgonagll@yahoo.com"

Sure thing Lilac :) Sending you the email!

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 18 comments Thanks :)
I'll start this as soon as I finish my homework.

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Lilac wrote: "Thanks :)
I'll start this as soon as I finish my homework."

Sounds good, and good luck with the homework! I was there not long ago and still cringe thinking about those all nighters lol

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 18 comments I'm really sorry but I won't be able to finish and review today :(
Life has been busier than I expected but tomorrow I think I'll have time and will post my review here. I've really enjoyed what I've read so far and am glad I signed up for this. :)

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Hey everyone :) Thanks for signing up to read Qeya. I know life gets busy and out of control sometimes, so don't worry about the fact you missed the due date.
I know y'all will get to it whenever you can and I look forward to reading your thoughts :)

Jenn

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Lilac wrote: "I'm really sorry but I won't be able to finish and review today :(
Life has been busier than I expected but tomorrow I think I'll have time and will post my review here. I've really enjoyed what I'..."

No worries Lilac :) I know what you mean. Happy reading!

message 21: by Lilac (last edited Oct 12, 2012 10:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 18 comments Finally had time to finish it. Here's my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I'll add a little more later and post it to Smashwords. Thaks for the chance to read this Jennifer, I've really enjoyed it :)

By the way how do you pronounce Qeya? I've been pronouncing it it one way but I want to check that I'm doing it right.

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Lilac wrote: "Finally had time to finish it. Here's my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I'll add a little more later and post it to Smashwords. Thaks for the chance to read this Jennifer,..."

Hey Lilac :D Thanks so much for your honest, rockin review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. And can't wait to see your thoughts on Smashwords!
Qeya is pronounced like (kay-ah) whenever I think of it, but you could also say it (key-ah). Either way works. And I feel ya. One time I read the Wheel of Time series and found out afterward I had been pronouncing about half the cast's names wrong in my head. So I just kept on calling them that way after lol

Thanks again!

Jenn :)

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Hey ladies, just so y'all know, for those of you who missed the deadline set here, I'd still love to hear from you. I understand how it can be when you're trying to read multiple stories at once, let alone write and blog at the same time. But I so appreciate you for signing up and would love to read your reviews :D
Jenn

message 24: by Hannah (last edited Oct 17, 2012 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah Kollef | 19 comments Hi!
I'm very late (Sorry!!!! I promise I have good excuses of the family-emergency variety) but I have finally added my review to goodreads, Smashwords, and Amazon.com.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
On amazon: I write under the name Aiisling K. Should show up soon!

Though actually my review doesn't seem to be popping up on Smashwords- anybody else have that problem?

Loved this book! Short, but very well written.

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Hannah wrote: "Hi!
I'm very late (Sorry!!!! I promise I have good excuses of the family-emergency variety) but I have finally added my review to goodreads, Smashwords, and Amazon.com.

http://www.goodreads.com/..."

Thanks so much for the honest review Hannah! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts :D It's always best to get honest feedback, and always a plus to get positive feedback to lol. Smashwords does that to me almost every time I'm trying to write a review. Then it posts them twice lol.

Glad to make another friend!

Jenn :)

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 28 comments Hey Lori and Tt! Know y'all have been busy lately. I'm still rushing around trying to get everything together for Silver Hollow. But was wondering if y'all had finished Qeya yet? Sorry for asking again, but I'd love to hear from y'all. :)
No rush on the review, just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten about me lol

Hope all is well :)