What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > YA Boy in HS meets girl in Gym. Flips off

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lookingforabookname | 4 comments It was published before 2008. Male lead character in high school who becomes friends with a girl he meets during school in the gym (I believe he saw her sitting on the bleachers).

Being a guy, I also remember there was a part where he is in her room and reveals she wears clothes to keep her chest from looking big. Shortly after, he ends up doing something wrong and she refuses to speak to him for the remainder of the book

(Very slight Spoiler but Most Important)

Toward the end he receives a picture from her, with her flipping him off, which he is happy to receive since that is the only communication he gets from her by that point

(end of spoiler)

Thanks for any help you can give

message 2: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 190 comments I haven't read it, but maybe it's Hail Caesar by Thu-Huong Ha?

Lookingforabookname | 4 comments Thanks for the reference, but I looked it up and it wasn't the same book.

The main character from the Book I am thinking of is not popular and I don't believe he ever had a girlfriend prior to the year in which the story takes place.

Thank you again though

message 4: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnbrandolyn) | 5 comments This sounds very familiar. I might have read it. Do have any other details on characters or setting? I will look through my shelves...

message 5: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 217 comments Any luck? Can you remember anything else?

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 107 comments Do you remember if the boy was an artist? Or if their first communication was through an Instant message type program?

message 7: by Brittany (last edited Jan 16, 2013 09:38PM) (new)

Brittany | 107 comments Sorry, I was on my phone before and couldn't include the link to the book I was thinking of. Could it possibly be The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20783 comments Mod
Lookingforabookname, are you still looking for this book name?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20783 comments Mod
No response since 2012. Moving to Abandoned.