Writers discussion

Writing pieces

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Akansha (new)

Akansha Hello! My name is Akansha, and I created this group for people who like to write. If anyone wants to share a piece of their own or someone else's, go ahead!

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Kadane | 2 comments Hi I'm new to the site. My name is Jenny. I have written a Memoir
The Empty Nest A Mother's Hidden Grief. This is an EBook and available through http://www.lulu.com/shop/j-m-kadane/t...
or https://www.amazon.com/author/jmkadane
Thank you.

message 3: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Bainbridge | 2 comments Hi I am a "newbie" in this group. I am a Freelance Writer and am working on my first book called 'Diary of a Crazy Fat Chick'. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and reading your work.

message 4: by Akansha (new)

Akansha Hello guys! Jenny, that was a really good piece! Even though I just read the preview, it urges me to read on, and maybe I will. Tanya, can you maybe provide a summary of what your book is about?

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Kadane | 2 comments Thank you Akansha for your kind words. I, like other authors are delighted that we have such an avenue in which we can display our works. I hope you have been enticed enough by the Prologue to read further. Thank you.

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Bainbridge | 2 comments This is the introduction to my book

INTRODUCTION

As I stand before this mirror of pain, it’s all too easy to see failure. Seeing all of my flaws as if I have a magnifying glass pointed at every angle, every pore on my body. I have tried and tried to lose weight before and failed. How was this time going to be any different? I am going to keep a diary of my everyday life (This should be interesting…not). I am not a celebrity, member of the Royal Family or a reality TV personality; I am just me, an ordinary mad wife, mom, step-mom, daughter, sister, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, niece, cousin and friend of many.
Although my personal tragedies and mistakes are not covered on the front page of a tell-all magazine or newspaper, it doesn’t mean I am not as important as the ones who are.
I hope that I can inspire at least one person with my words, spirit, commitment and heart or at least make someone laugh. I hope you will laugh with me, not at me, as I explore the wonders, trials and tribulations of my ups and downs, off the wall attitude due to dieting dilemmas with you.
I do not take life seriously but only as it comes.
Sit back, experience, relax, laugh, enjoy and maybe even relate to the situations, as you read what I call Diary of a Crazy Fat Chick.

message 7: by Ashly (new)

Ashly | 3 comments Hey gals :) I have been working on a novel for a couple of weeks and I am working up the courage to post an excerpt here to get some public feedback. I'm thinking I will have my excerpt chosen by the end of the week if not sooner. It is going to come with a disclaimer, though, because it deals with some very heavy subject material. It is my earnest hope that it will at least be enjoyable and entertaining!

message 8: by Ashly (new)

Ashly | 3 comments Here is my blurb:

Olivia Darling, Libba to her friends and family, is a woman scorned, beaten and broken. She walks through her life with a chip on her shoulder as big as the cosmos-and she isn't without reason. Sexually abused by her uncle, neglected by her father, and beaten and tormented by a drug-addict mother, Libba has lived to see another day and she bares her scars to no one. No one, that is, until she meets Doll Chandler. A fling with the enigmatic Doll in the back of a dirty bar sends Libba's carefully controlled world in to chaos, along with the death of her uncle and the unwelcome resurfacing of her mother. Libba is drawn to Doll in a way that she fights at every turn, but will she give in and let her wounds be healed? Or will she shun the possibility of love and make her way continually through the darkness of a life spent alone? When Libba is faced with a life-altering revelation she must make a choice: Forgive and heal or enact her vengeance, securing her position in a miserable existence.

message 9: by Arghya (new)

Arghya Iyengar | 10 comments Mod
Hey guys. I'm Arghya, Akansha's sister, and the new group moderator because Akansha accidentally deleted herself from the group. Good job for the pieces of writing guys, and Jenny, I'll try to read the rest of the book. As for everyone else, nice introductions to your books, and I'll be sure to read them when you guys are done. :) If there are any other pieces of writings, you can post, and I'll leave my feedback. I'll also post some writing that my sister and I did, sometime else.