Terminalcoffee discussion

Shebangs > Fall 2012 music shebang - sign up here ... or don't. (Ha! We reverse-psychologised you fuckers!)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 565 (565 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Pleeeeeaaaassssssse!!!!!!!

message 2: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I'm in too.

message 4: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Yesssssss!

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments My theme is: Change The Locks

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Ok, I'm having a hard time resisting this trio of discs. Can we do a mini shebang with a tiny number of discs to make?

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments smetchie wrote: "My theme is: Change The Locks"

All versions of the same song? Lucinda, Tom Petty, etc?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments What would be the deadline? I'll do it if the deadline is one I can make.

message 9: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "smetchie wrote: "My theme is: Change The Locks"

All versions of the same song? Lucinda, Tom Petty, etc?"

No. Sort of like a stalker/breakup/crazy lover type deal. The Lucinda Williams song is the centerpiece and what gave me the idea, though.

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Barb, I like the sort of reverse psychology thread title you've got working.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments End of October/beginning of November? I'll be gone for a week in the middle.
I'm also ok with keeping it small. I always run into the iTunes caps.

message 12: by Heidi (last edited Sep 19, 2012 10:35AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Count me in (for now). I think I can do it. I think I'll do a stroll on the Parisian boulevard theme. I've been wanting to do that theme for a very long time. :)

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Also, Barb, I know you're willing to host, probably because you were ready to get the ball rolling on another... but I'd like to offer to host - I've never hosted a shebang. Weird, eh? I've always wanted to do one, too. I'm not trying to usurp... just offering to do it. If not this go round, maybe next one?

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Might be easier than trying to turn my money Canadian. I dropped the ball on that last time in a major way.

message 15: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments YAHYHHHHHYYYYYY!!

I'm so excited we're having another shebang!!! I could kiss every one of you!!!

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Just the six of us? Girl shebang!

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments janine wrote: "My theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgx0tS..."

What? What's your theme? "Cravings of a Solemn Soul?" Or music that sounds like this song?

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I am psyched.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Am I too late?

message 20: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments My theme is less words, more music.

message 21: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I'm wondering if this shebang might be open to one more person (me). I'm very sorry that I haven't been participating much, or at all really, online recently. My grandmother has been quite ill, and it's been like a neutron bomb went off in the middle of my life. All my customary routines have fallen by the wayside, and I'm spending all my time shuttling back and forth between hospitals and nursing homes while struggling to get my normal work done. Listening to your shebangs has really helped keep me sane on many a long train ride. I miss you all and think of you often and fondly. Anyway, let me know if you can squeeze me in for this round, as I'd love to take part. I'll check back in due course. Hope you're all doing well...

message 22: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

message 23: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments Jonathan wrote: "I'm wondering if this shebang might be open to one more person (me). I'm very sorry that I haven't been participating much, or at all really, online recently. My grandmother has been quite ill, and..."

Well we miss you like the dickens. Love to your Grandma.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) So sorry about your grandmother, Jonathan. Here's hoping for peace and calm in your daily life soon.

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24107 comments Mod
I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother, Jonathan. Best wishes to her and her health and emotional well-being. You are a very good grandson, doing all that! We hope you can become a regular here again at some point.

message 26: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments Best wishes to your family, Jonathan .

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Sory to hear about your grandmother Jonathan.

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Best wishes, Jonathan. I vote we let Jonathan and Gail in even though that'll wreck my iTunes count again.

message 29: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I vote yay.

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sure... I'd think it'd be fine you guys can join in, Jonathan and Gail. Barb?

message 31: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Best wishes, Jonathan. I vote we let Jonathan and Gail in even though that'll wreck my iTunes count again."

Stupid iTunes

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I can wait for the next shebang since Sally & Sarah would like just a small number this time round. I hadn't read through the thread before I asked to join in. My bad.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm okay with it, Gail. You and I have never been in on the same shebang so it would be fun!

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I'm okay with it, Gail. You and I have never been in on the same shebang so it would be fun!"

Sally, what are your thoughts on this? Barb? Anyone else who's participating? (You can email me directly here on GR if you don't want to share publicly that you really want to keep the number small - the objection would stay anonymous)

Gail, that's thoughtful of you to step away from this to keep the numbers small - let's check in with the folks who might find it objectionable before we commit to turning you away, though... others may decide that they'd like you and Jonathan to participate and cap the number of participants at that.

message 35: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Can't wait! Can't wait! So excited!!!!!!

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 25, 2012 08:50PM) (new)

Was I reverse-psychologised? Am I one of the Fuckers? I am so confused. That isn't surprising damn-it, it is 4:48am.

I am tipping it was Sally who added that little notation to the thread title. Barb would have spelt it differently.

message 37: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Psychologised?

message 38: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments I, too, thought it was Sallers. Same reason.

message 39: by Emily (new)

Emily Elst (emily_elst) | 1032 comments Sounds fun! (Just read the protocol thread), next time around I definitely want to be in. Does everybody pick their own theme for their contribution?

message 40: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Do it this time Emily!!!! Please!

message 41: by Heidi (last edited Sep 26, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Okie Doke - Barb and I worked out details behind the scenes.

I'm doing this one. Deadline in early November still...

Gail, Jonathan, Emily, Sally... you're in if you want to do it - please let me know whether or not you're in by end of this week so we can have a firm headcount (and everyone can know how many copies of discs need to be made).

I'm putting the cap at Emily, though - I want to keep the number of discs to copy in the single digits.

So, on the list for this Fall shebang is -

Who's in & possibly in (9):

Barb
Smetchie
Janine
Sarah
Heidi
(TENTATIVELY IN, need confirmation from you by Friday, 9/28):
Sally
Gail
Jonathan
Emily

Deadline to have discs to Heidi: November 2nd, Friday - let's make it an even end of the work week.

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily Elst (emily_elst) | 1032 comments Yay! Just need to make sure my computer can write to disc (I've not tried before) and work out how long it takes the post from Oz. So I am 90% in, & will confirm this week.

Back to the finer print... do I need to pick a theme?

message 43: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Emily, you can either share your theme or surprise us... Either way, a theme is nice. :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily usualy it takes about 6 to 9 days from Sydney to the US. You might need to add another 10 days, since it will becoming from Melbourne. :)

Count me in Heidi. Thank you. I haven't nailed down a theme yet. It's a work in progress.

message 45: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Hah! The Australians are poking fun at eachother! What a thrill!

message 46: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Great that this worked out. I look forward to taking part.

And thanks, everybody, for all your kind words and good wishes--really means a lot to me. I cherish my friendships with all of you.

message 47: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 26, 2012 02:48PM) (new)

Jonathan I always feel hopeless when it comes to passing messages of support and comfort to people. Just know that I am think of you and wishing your family well. ((lots of hugs))

message 48: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments UPDATE:

The list for this Fall shebang is -

Who's in & possibly in (9):

Barb
Smetchie
Janine
Sarah
Heidi
Gail
Jonathan

(TENTATIVELY IN, need confirmation from you by Friday, 9/28):
Sally
Emily

Deadline to have discs to Heidi: November 2nd, Friday - let's make it an even end of the work week.

message 49: by Heidi (last edited Sep 26, 2012 04:23PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Ideas on shebang themes for the newbies:

- spooky, mysterious, macabre, creepy stuff (<< some of my favorite songs have come out of this theme/other people's shebangs)
- election season, fuckers!
- carnival/state fair season
- back to school
- new to you
- favorites
- songs that remind you of home or your family
- mellow
- happy music

I'm sure the other shebang veterans can give you suggestions on themes, as well. :)

message 50: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I LOVE when people do the same theme with me if anyone else wants to do Change The Locks.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12