Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > GR down for me for hours

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I couldn't access GR for about 2-3 hours today. The site appeared to be trying to load but never could. Others have been having this problem too -

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/goodr...

Some of them noted it via Facebook (if you page down) but most people like me probably didn't, so the problem is obviously larger.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (LoonyAlana) | 456 comments Same for me

message 3: by Melissa W (new)

Melissa W (melissawiebe80) | 27 comments My guess is there was something wrong with the site. Isn't there something else you could have done while the site was down? Seems that every time the site is down, people complain. Remember when we didn't have the internet?

message 4: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl 1. Yes, I was doing scrimshaw and embroidering my trousseau, and playing the organ with my feet.
2. Yes, and what's your point?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (LoonyAlana) | 456 comments This is a feedback forum. What if they didn't know for some reason since it's the weekend.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (LoonyAlana) | 456 comments Why do you have to be impolite because we are notifying GR of a problem?

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Booktrovert) | 860 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "1. Yes, I was doing scrimshaw and embroidering my trousseau, and playing the organ with my feet.
2. Yes, and what's your point?"

this just made me snort-laugh! ha!! :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The trolls are restless tonight.

message 9: by Manybooks (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:30PM) (new)

Manybooks | 4233 comments Melissa W wrote: "My guess is there was something wrong with the site. Isn't there something else you could have done while the site was down? Seems that every time the site is down, people complain. Remember when..."

What part of "this is a feedback forum" do you not understand? And GR staff relies on users to let them know when/if there is a problem with the site.

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (TheNightOwl) | 220 comments Derrick wrote: "Instead of complaining, or complaining about others complain, ad nauseum, why don't you read a {insert your favorite phrase here] book?

Now THAT is a phracking novel idea, hahahaha..."

Yes and instead of posting condescending messages maybe you should try skimming them and reading a book.

If the site is down for long periods of time or often that signifies that there is an issue that needs to be resolved and the web developers need to know this...hence the whole reason behind the Feedback Group. A website that is down quite often as GR is is not conducive to anyone...members or the GR staff. It means that members get frustrated and move onto better sites and/or loss in advertising dollars for authors and GR.

message 11: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 453 comments Derrick wrote: "Instead of complaining, or complaining about others complain, ad nauseum, why don't you read a {insert your favorite phrase here] book?

Now THAT is a phracking novel idea, hahahaha..."

Instead of posting here to complain about people letting the site know there was a problem in a FEEDBACK forum...why don't you read a book yourself?

message 12: by MissJessie (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:45PM) (new)

MissJessie | 1712 comments Melissa W wrote: "My guess is there was something wrong with the site. Isn't there something else you could have done while the site was down? Seems that every time the site is down, people complain. Remember when we didn't have the internet?"

Yup, and we didn't have haughty condescension either. Every good thing has its price.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1785 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "I couldn't access GR for about 2-3 hours today. The site appeared to be trying to load but never could. Others have been having this problem too -

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/goodr......"

I had this problem for about six or seven hours. Hopefully GR can fix whatever was the problem.

message 14: by Carol (last edited Sep 16, 2012 01:43AM) (new)

Carol Lobstergirl wrote: "1. Yes, I was doing scrimshaw and embroidering my trousseau, and playing the organ with my feet.
2. Yes, and what's your point?"

You are too funny, scrimshaw, playing organ with feet, you are certainly talented. Haahaha!!!!

The site was down for me a couple of hours at a time, twice last weekend. I suppose when you experience the rapid growth goodreads has, they do a pretty good job staying on top of things. It does help having forums like this to let them know about the problems we are having.