Haruki Murakami fans discussion

Promote Your Projects Here! > Murakami fan blog

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Figured people around here would be interested to see this.

I run a Murakami blog on tumblr together with a friend that deals with just about everything related to this man. We post quotations from his books and interviews, news about him, artworks and short films inspired by his work, a lot of background information, music (both from the books and personal favorites of Haruki Murakami), pictures of Murakami himself and a lot more.

We also have some interesting special content such as book covers from different countries, a list of not so well-known facts about the man, maps with the locations mentioned in some novels and lots and lots of other things.

We basically collect awesome Murakami things and post them up for everyone to marvel at 'em. It would be pretty great if you guys were into that :)

http://www.haruki-murakami.com

For those without a tumblr, we're also on Facebook and on Twitter. Respective links can be found on the main site.

message 2: by Nick (new)

Nick | 21 comments I've been following this for a while, really like it and appreciate the effort that is put in.

message 3: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 14 comments This is terrific! I bookmarked the blog. Thank you, Mikey.

message 4: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 67 comments (doing the happy dance) great blog! Since the blog had no like button, i liked your Facebook page instead!

message 5: by rahul (new)

rahul (rahulraina) | 15 comments Have been a big fan of this website from a long time. Great work Mikey, keep it going.

message 6: by k10 (new)

k10 I also have been following your blog for a little while now. I was looking to start one myself and stumbled across yours in the process. It is now a favorite place of mine to stop in on occasion. Thanks for your work!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks everyone for your nice words. I hope some of the other people in this group will also take a look and maybe contribute to the whole thing one way or another. We're always open to submissions of any kind such as your own artworks, your favorite quote or whatever you can think of!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome~ thanks for the share.

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly W (mirume) | 17 comments Mod
I love this, I think it's now my favorite Tumblr! Excellent idea. And my tattoo was up on it recently. :)

message 10: by Yu Sheng (new)

Yu Sheng Teo | 9 comments Hello everyone! =) I've just finished writing a short story called "Back to Hard-boiled Wonderland", which is based on Murakami's "Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World". My story is basically a spin-off of the novel, and continues where the story left off. You can read the short story here: http://wp.me/p2MZdu-i9

I was inspired to write this story after reading Murakami's "Samsa in Love", which is itself a spin-off of Franz Kafka's "Metamorphosis". (If you haven't read them both, you should, because they're freaking awesome! =) )

Anyway, I hope that you guys will like my story! Comments and feedback are welcome! =)