Writers Block Battering Ram discussion

Dying Plots > Sarah's Pathetic Effort

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, here's this story I'm writing. http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

It's about a girl who's part fairy and all her adventures. I wrote four chapters, and now I'm stuck. I have no idea what to write next. Any tips?

message 2: by Amy, Writer Blocked in Chief (new)

Amy (Runawaymarbles) | 329 comments Mod
I don't have a chance to read all; describe what you have so far, okay?

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 06, 2009 09:29AM) (new)

Ok, so the main charrie, Keeta, wakes up and hurries out the door. She meets up with her best friend, Slyte Heen, and they fly to the cart station(sorta like a subway). The whole ride to school, this guy watches them. The fourth chapter is the cart ride from his point of view. My idea is this kid, Veton Cek, works for an orginization(sp?) of rebel fairies. He travels around looking for fairies with super powerful magic, and lures them to the dark side(no, they don't have cookies :P). He thinks Keeta is one, so he starts following her around. They become friends, and she even starts to kinda like him. Then something happens, and the super magic is revealed. But Keeta doesn't have it - Slyte does. I won't give the rest away :)

message 4: by Amy, Writer Blocked in Chief (new)

What are you stuck on? You have to give the rest away if you want help.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I just need help developing the story and the characters. The ending I'm fine with, but I need to organized everything before that.

message 6: by Amy, Writer Blocked in Chief (new)

see the character sheet I posted in the 'character's section. That might help. Adrienne's stratagy is to write an irrelevant story involving the character, so you can discover how they would react in various situations.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm, I think I'll try that. Thanks a lot!

message 8: by Amy, Writer Blocked in Chief (last edited Feb 06, 2009 05:16PM) (new)

sure. And if you need some extra zip, you can't go wrong with a craving for snikers bars and undying support for the Boston Red Sox (Even though I'm not from Boston- it's a classic) Little details like that add a lot.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, that sounds like a book I'm reading. One character eats peanut butter at every meal and collects mutant candy, while the other has a shoplifting problem.

message 10: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (Arrogant_Protector) do you have one main obstacle in it, Sarah?

message 11: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) Sounds neat, Sarah!

message 12: by Amy, Writer Blocked in Chief (new)

Main obstacles are good. Do you have miniplots? you need miniplots.

message 13: by Amy, Writer Blocked in Chief (new)

Are you going to do the workshop?