Fantasy > Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 70 comments Mod
Fantasy

message 3: by John (new)

Hello, M.L.! You're the first. Enjoyed Emerald World a lot, as you know.

message 4: by S.E. (new)

S.E. Saxton (sesaxton) The Secret to Atheness
Hi everyone this is my book. If you haven't read it yet I hope you would since I had a lot of fun writing it and I am working on a second as we speak!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Secret-to-A...

message 5: by Kevis (last edited Sep 24, 2012 12:15PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 26 comments Hi all. If you're a fan of old school fantasy with a medieval flare, I've got a few offerings. Action, adventure, romance, humor, and magic. Everything you love about a compelling fantasy adventure is all there. Hope you'll check them out. Happy reading!

description description description
description description description
description

message 6: by John (new)

Thanks for posting, all.

message 7: by Frank (new)

Frank Ryan (frankryan) | 1 comments Hi to all fellow writers and readers. Do take a look at my work. It might surprise you. I have helped encourage something like 16,000 people to write their own first fantasy short stories - a free booklet can be downloaded with a click on the index page of my website.

I have eight published novels including my growing fantasy series at www.frankpryan.com. The Snowmelt River was the John West chosen book for 2010 and The Tower of Bones will be published by Jo Fletcher (Quercus Books) on November 8. I've also written military science fiction (The Doomsday Genie), thrillers and contemporary fiction (Taking Care of Harry).

In my fantasy I have found it invaluable to have a close working relationship with artist Mark Salwowski, whose website is at www.salwowski.com.

Ask me any question you like.

message 8: by Michael (last edited Sep 17, 2012 09:24AM) (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 2 comments A great idea to provide a place for people that are looking for a certain type of books. Here's my contribution:

THEY KILLED THE KING. THEY PINNED IT ON TWO MEN. THEY CHOSE POORLY.
There's no ancient evil to defeat or orphan destined for greatness, just unlikely heroes and classic adventure. Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater, end up running for their lives when they're framed for the murder of the king. Trapped in a conspiracy that goes beyond the overthrow of a tiny kingdom, their only hope is unraveling an ancient mystery before it's too late.

You can check out free samples from my site, or you can read a free short story, The Viscount and the Witch, from this link.

Michael J. Sullivan: Theft of Swords | Rise of Empire | Heir of Novron

message 9: by John (new)

Moderator setup faux pas ... I've created folders and moved this thread there. Feel free to re-post works individually under the appropriate Header.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris Jackson (chrisajackson) | 3 comments Fantasy is what I do. I seem to have gotten into a nautical fantasy rut, with a four book series of medieval pirate fantasy, the Scimitar Seas novels, that have won three consecutive gold medals from Forward Reviews, for best novel of the year. Next year, I will have a Pathfinder Tales novel coming out, tentatively titled "Pirate's Honor". Enjoy!

Scimitar Moon (The Scimitar Seas, #1) by Chris A. Jackson Scimitar Sun (The Scimitar Seas, #2) by Chris A. Jackson Scimitar's Heir (The Scimitar Seas, #3) by Chris A. Jackson Scimitar War (The Scimitar Seas, #4) by Chris A. Jackson

For my other novels, visit my author page: Chris A. Jackson

message 11: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 8 comments Dragon Fate by J.D. Hallowell is a heroic fantasy adventure in the classic tradition of the genre. Delno Okonan is a young former soldier eager to put the swords and strife of war behind him, when a chance encounter leaves him inextricably entwined in a tangled web of dragons, magic, and intrigue, as he struggles to find his place among dragons and men, and stave off a plot by renegade dragon riders that threatens all he now holds dear.

Dragon Fate by J.D. Hallowell

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 4 comments When Angels Fall by Stephanie Jackson only .99 for Kindle download!
When Angels Fall by Stephanie Jackson
Danielle Coulter had never believed in anything except her mother, hard work and heartache. She never had time for religious fairytales. But when her mother died, Dani was forced to believe…or die.
Not only was she forced to accept that God and Lucifer are real, but also that she is the last living descent of God on Earth. An undeniable fact when the Archangel Gabriel fell to Earth to protect her.
Archangel Gabriel; banished from Heaven over four million years ago for refusing to kill his brother, Lucifer, was about to get a second chance to re-enter Heaven. He was sent to Earth on a mission from his Father to protect the last Daughter of God; the last woman to carry the Blood of God on Earth, and kill his brother, once and for all.
Gabriel had never expected to feel anything for Dani, but he soon found himself willing to fight Heaven and Hell to keep her safe, even if it meant his own destruction.
http://www.amazon.com/When-Angels-Fal...
Youtube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TB4gd...

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 4 comments The Undead Heart (#1) by Tate Jackson

Rebecca Stockdale had enough issues in her life; parents that hated her for the strange abilities that she had been born with, she was about to move away from her sister and only friend, Bev, and she had had a really bad date that would change her forever.
Just when she was about to escape the drama that she had always lived in, Richard, a vampyre, walked into her life and shattered her reality with one request; travel back in time to 1888 to stop a psychopathic vampyre bent on revenge and save the family she never knew she had.
She would be joined on her journey by a band of vampyre hunters. Hunters who, centuries ago, had vowed to slay all vampyres. A vow they set aside to protect the family that they had come to love, knowing that the outcome of that decision would be an eventual battle. A battle of decapitation and blood; a battle they may not survive.
She was leaving a life she would kill to get away from for a family she would gladly die to protect, but could she do it? Could she make it back alive? Did she possess the strength and courage it would take to change the past and save their future?
She was about to find out.

The Undead Heart is the 1st of the 3 book Blood Thirst Series.
http://www.amazon.com/Undead-Heart-Th...
Blood Thirst (#2)
The continuing story of Beck Jaxon and her family: The Young/Jaxon family won the battle, but Elderson escaped, again. Now, Beck and her family have to deal with the losses they suffered during the battle with Elderson’s clan.
They bury their dead and morn the loss of their family members. But there would be no rest for them. Elderson may have escaped this time, but he will be back. He wants Beck dead and will stop at nothing to make that happen.
Will Elderson succeed, or will Beck and her family finally rid the world of Royal Elderson and the evil he has unleashed for centuries?
Blood Thirst is the 2nd book in the 3 book Blood Thirst Series

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Thirst-Th...

There are reviews for The Undead Heart on goodreads at:http://www.goodreads.com/book/show...

The info and reviews at the link on goodreads for The Undead Heart is correct but the over is wrong!

message 14: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Bunn | 11 comments I have an epic fantasy trilogy out called The Tormay Trilogy. Ten years to write the story. Not sure if I win the slowness prize here, but it was worth it. The story is kind of in between Narnia and LOTR in terms of age and feel. Anyway, book one is free on Amazon for the indefinite future (according to the inscrutable wisdom of the Amazon elves), so please click on over and grab yourself a copy.
The Hawk and His Boy (The Tormay Trilogy) by Christopher Bunn The Shadow at the Gate by Christopher Bunn The Wicked Day by Christopher Bunn

message 15: by Forrest (last edited Sep 21, 2012 03:16PM) (new)

Forrest Hi, all! My novella, Cloaks of Vermin and Fish, the first Misadventure of Italo and Vincenzo, is available on Smashwords. I'm waiting for the Amazon bots to do their mechanical editing, after which I'll post a link to the book's Amazon site. Be sure to down load a sample to get a taste of Italo and Vincenzo's particular brand of idiocy and adventure!

UPDATE: The Amazon gods have spoken. Italo and Vincenzo can now be found there.

message 16: by Kevis (last edited Sep 24, 2012 11:37AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 26 comments FREE. The Tale of Liril. Fantasy. Young girl goes on a magical quest to find a lost locket. Modern fairy tale written in the vein of the old classics such as Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, and Cinderella.

FREE FOR A LIMITED-TIME ONLY.

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/... (Kindle-friendly versions available)

Apple ibooks: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-t...

Sony: http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/kevi...

Diesel: http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/SW0...

description

message 17: by John (last edited Sep 21, 2012 07:14PM) (new)

Rocking, guys. You can also start new threads with each of your works, just add them to the Fantasy folder.

message 18: by Joey (new)

Joey Cruz (neverwanderer) | 5 comments Hey all! This group is a great idea. Not that I haven't been promoting my story everywhere, but at least here I won't feel like a heel. :)

I'm one of 112 authors launching a serial novel on jukepopserials.com this week. It's a great website for any genre, but my story happens to be a fantasy, and so, here I am.

My story is called GATWALKER - http://www.jukepopserials.com/home/re...

And here's the synopsis!

"Heir to a legacy he never imagined, hunted by an enemy he cannot see, one boy’s only hope for survival rests in the hands of a powerless wizard and the blades of a master assassin.

GATEWALKER

Brian Donovan never knew his real parents. He’s never seen his true home. He leads the life of an ordinary New York teen; riding subways to and from school, exploring worlds of fantasy through books and art, and trying to muster up enough courage to talk to that one girl...

When a random act of violence brings that reality crashing down around him, the veil is lifted and Brian’s true destiny is revealed. Now on the run from an otherworldly threat, Brian must endure physical, emotional, and psychological trials as he uncovers the secrets kept from him his entire life.

For in this new world of danger and magic, sacrifice is only the beginning."

If it interests you, please PLEASE comment and vote for the story. I've explained the importance of voting in this blog post.

http://fartherroom.blogspot.com/

Thanks for indulging me!

message 19: by John (last edited Sep 23, 2012 12:06PM) (new)

Joey wrote: "... at least here I won't feel like a heel. :)

I'm one of 112 authors launching a serial novel on jukepopserials.com..."

With you there, Joey. Good luck on the book.

message 20: by Joey (new)

Joey Cruz (neverwanderer) | 5 comments John wrote: "Joey wrote: "... at least here I won't feel like a heel. :)

I'm one of 112 authors launching a serial novel on jukepopserials.com..."

With you there, Joey. Good luck on the book."

Thanks, John!

message 21: by Joey (new)

Joey Cruz (neverwanderer) | 5 comments Just wanted to let everyone know the second chapter of Gatewalker is up on JukePop!

http://www.jukepopserials.com/home/re...

If you enjoy it, PLEASE remember to Vote. Votes = money.

Also, if you like what you're reading, be sure to visit my Bonus Features blog, where I talk about all the stuff behind the stuff!

gatewalkerbonus.blogspot.com

message 22: by Joey (last edited Oct 25, 2012 05:15PM) (new)

Joey Cruz (neverwanderer) | 5 comments Gatewalker Chapter 3 is up! http://www.jukepopserials.com/home/re...

When you're done reading, be sure to check out the Bonus Features blog. http://gatewalkerbonus.blogspot.com/

The end of October will mark the first tally of the top 30 voted stories. Gatewalker has a VERY good chance of being in the top 10, which means I'd be in the highest payment bracket. All money I make off of this story will go to the artist fund for a new comic book indie creator Mike Murphy and I are writing. Keeping the money in the creative community just feels like the right thing to do, since it's the generosity and goodwill of readers that got me that money in the first place.

So, PLEASE, if you have been considering looking at this story and just haven't gotten around to it, now is the time. Every vote counts and every chapter can be voted for.

The site is set up so that you have to be logged in to read beyond the first chapter of any story. It's still 100% free, and registration is quick and painless. You provide your email and make up a password for the site, they send you a confirmation email, you click the confirmation link, and you're in. You won't hear from them again unless you add stories to your "Bookshelf", which means you'd receive an email whenever those stories are updated (but you can set it to email you daily or weekly to minimize the email you receive, or just to never receive emails). They're very good about being nonintrusive - they don't want to annoy people.

Please give it a look, and if you like it, please click that +Vote button. It will help me, Mike, and whatever artist we choose for our comic book.

Thanks!

message 23: by Joey (new)

Joey Cruz (neverwanderer) | 5 comments If anyone wondered, Gatewalker finished the month of October at lucky number 13 on the top 30 most voted list! Thanks so much to all who voted, and I hope you continue to vote and enjoy as the story moves forward.

Chapter 4 of Gatewalker is up! http://www.jukepopserials.com/home/re...

And the Bonus Features blog is updated! http://gatewalkerbonus.blogspot.com/

message 24: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 8 comments Swords forged by dragon magic. Ancient rivalries flaring into all-out war. Dragon Riders caught up in a clash of hidden powers. A world hangs in the balance.

Dragon Blade, the second book in J.D. Hallowell’s War of the Blades, is the epic conclusion to the story begun in Dragon Fate. Delno Okonan, his draconic bond-mate, Geneva, and their allies among the Dragons and Riders are once again caught up in events controlled by unseen forces. They must uncover the real secrets behind the death of a senior Dragon Rider and the sudden rise of the Roracks, ancient enemy of dragons and men, to defeat a threat that could destroy them all and leave the world they know forever altered.

Dragon Blade (War of the Blades, #2) by J.D. Hallowell

As a holiday gift to readers, the first book in the series, Dragon Fate, is free on Kobo through December 26th, 2012.

message 25: by A.L. (last edited Jan 01, 2013 02:00PM) (new)

A.L. (woof2006) Pello Island Cassia by A.L. Jambor First part of the Pello Island series.

message 26: by D.J. (new)

D.J. LeMarr (djlemarr) the worst misery by D. J. Lemarr

This is my first book. It is told through first person, the main character being Malloreigh Dawntay. This man faces the pains of hell, challenges the devil, and battles with madness in its most twisted and monstrous form. Through out this venture there is much suffering. It is a dark tale, but it speaks a deep message that I thought needed be said. That the worst misery anyone can suffer is that of ignorance.

Thanks

D. J. Lemarr

message 27: by John (new)

Derek wrote: "the worst misery by D. J. Lemarr

This is my first book. It is told through first person, the main character being Malloreigh Dawntay. This man faces the pains of hell, challenges the devil, a..."

Takes some real nerve to challenge the devil. Sounds interesting!

message 28: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (mdott) | 3 comments Hi All! I just joined this group and added my books to the bookshelf. My latest is an historical fantasy: Moon Over Donamorgh. Witches, fairies, an Empath, a magical forest, and the conflicts of Ireland all clash on the Irish estate of Donamorgh.
Moon Over Donamorgh

message 29: by D.J. (new)

D.J. LeMarr (djlemarr) John wrote: "Derek wrote: "the worst misery by D. J. Lemarr

This is my first book. It is told through first person, the main character being Malloreigh Dawntay. This man faces the pains of hell, challenge..."

It is a rather dark tale as you can imagine. Hope you enjoy!