Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 70 comments Mod
Genre-less fiction

message 2: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 70 comments Mod
Van Gogh, Encore by John A. Karr

http://www.amazon.com/Van-Gogh-Encore...

Imagine Vincent van Gogh in our modern world.

Suppose, during the last year and a half of his life, when he severs part of his ear and commits himself to the insane asylum, he stumbles into the very circumstance he has longed for his entire adult life -- a family. Would his life change for the better, or would his self-destructive tendencies again prevail?

Van Gogh, Encore is a speculative novel based upon the last year and a half of Vincent van Gogh's life.

Set in the United States, the tale presents an alternative dimension to the complex and fascinating artist who died impoverished and unappreciated ... while the images he created went on to have global impact, and can be found on everything from vodka bottles to vehicle dashboard covers, television commercials to t-shirts, and whose original works now sell for millions.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"Xoe Rose Smith is a high school student whose life becomes much more complicated than she ever intended. With the help of her friends, she embarks on a journey to help get some questions answered. However, they get more than they bargained for when the lives of everyone in Xoe's home town become jeopardized. Can Xoe and her friends figure out how to save everyone before it's too late? More importantly, can Xoe get to the bottom of her troubles before they destroy her?"

Absorb

Available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Absorb-Melissa-...

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil Sanderson | 4 comments A couple of weeks ago, I sent some endorsement requests out to Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and other writers / celebrities and STILL haven't heard anything back. I'm new to writing fiction and could really use the endorsement on my up and coming book that is being published in hard and soft cover (it's already available as an e-book on Amazon and B&N). Have any of you guys had any luck with endorsements? Whether or not you have, what is your personal feeling on it?

message 5: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 22 comments Phil wrote: "A couple of weeks ago, I sent some endorsement requests out to Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and other writers / celebrities and STILL haven't heard anything back. I'm new to writing fiction and coul..."

Phil, I believe the only way you're ever going to get an endorsement from any celebrity (including O'Reilly and Beck), is if your book is super popular and on the radar as being either a great book or really controversial. But that happens through word of mouth, and that's hard to get.

Those guys are super busy and usually don't have time to read something unless it is news, or it comes from one of their inner circle of friends. (I know... I've tried as well a few years ago with no success!)

But, you never know unless you try, so keep plugging away at it... I don't have much other advice. I mean endorsements are cool, but word-of-mouth is what you need to light a fire under, and like I said, that is super hard... but good luck with your book!

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard Sutton (richardsutton) | 25 comments I assume you sent gifts of print copies with your requests?

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil Sanderson | 4 comments To Bryan: Thanks for sharing your experience and kind advice.

To Richard: I sent PDF copies to all of them.

message 8: by Richard (new)

Richard Sutton (richardsutton) | 25 comments I usually send out print advance copies. Holding the book in the hand seems to add to good will, especially if it's a cold contact. Good luck with your marketing.

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil Sanderson | 4 comments Thanks, guys! :)