The Millions discussion

Brainstorming!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JenniferD (new)

JenniferD (jooniperd) hey everyone!!

this group is so quiet and it makes me sad!! the millions is one of my favourite places and i would love for this group to be busier with the book-talk. nick's profile is set up so that he won't receive messages, unfortunately. so i am wondering if we can talk about what we would like this group to be and how we can get there??

i know there is a lot of the millions love out there -- which is why we are all here, i am sure. (i about drooled myself silly when i discovered a the millions group existed here on GR!!)

anyway, i hope you don't mind me jumping in here. it would just be great if we could get this puppy flying!!

message 2: by Selena (new)

Selena (selenacurrently) agreed! i think the trouble is that the millions does such a great job of starting discussion on their website about the content... that it doesn't require a second area. :(

message 3: by JenniferD (last edited Sep 29, 2012 06:53AM) (new)

JenniferD (jooniperd) selena wrote: "agreed! i think the trouble is that the millions does such a great job of starting discussion on their website about the content... that it doesn't require a second area. :("

i totally wondered about that too, selena. (thanks for commenting!) but i am thinking there is a way to use what is over on the website for group reads or more discussions??

for example, yesterday the 5 writers under 35 was announced - which the millions linked to - so is there any interest in reading one of these books together?

or, the millions makes great lists so could we have polls and select group reads from these lists??

we don't have to reinvent the site over here, but we could incorporate their stories/ideas into some group reading.

maybe?

:)

message 4: by Selena (new)

Selena (selenacurrently) i'm on board. :)

message 5: by JenniferD (new)

JenniferD (jooniperd) cool!!!