What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Charlotte Sometimes (Aviary Hall, #3)
This topic is about Charlotte Sometimes
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. children or YA - Girl falls asleep and wakes up in past (during WWI) - read in 1960s or 70s [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Julia (julia103) | 31 comments The main character is a girl who shares a room with other girls (maybe in boarding school). She wakes up to find herself in 1917. She has switched places with another girl who actually lives in that time. I think (but am not sure) that they both keep journals, so when she wakes up in her own time there is a record of what the other has done. They are either identical or have woken in each others bodies, because no one questions who she is. For a while they switch times regularly, but then get stuck in the wrong time periods. She is in 1917 when World War I ends. There is a scene with the celebration of the Armistice. (view spoiler) The main character might be named Elizabeth.
I read this in hardcover in either the late 1960's or early 1970's.

message 2: by Pogue (new)

Pogue (nulaanne) | 113 comments I read a lot of books like this when I was a kid, it sounds like one that I have read. I will see if I can pull it up from my memories.

Tara | 6 comments I'm pretty sure this is Charlotte Sometimes by Penelope Farmer.

Julia (julia103) | 31 comments Yes! It is Charlotte Sometimes. Thank you :)

I chose the edition where the cover looked somewhat familiar and added it to the group shelves, but I don't know how to move this discussion to the Solved folder. Can someone please move it, or post instructions if it needs to be done by the OP.