Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Oh my god, what just happened?!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kplausky) | 57 comments I charged up my Nook (1st G) through my computer. I've always done it, never had a problem. Then I side-loaded a few EPUBs like I normally do.
Unplugged my Nook, went to look for the books I just side-loaded...couldn't find them. Then I noticed the normally 26 pages of books that I have, was down to 20. I checked for new content, nothing new showed up. I decided, ok, I'll restart it. Restarting brought me down to 10 pages of my normal 26 pages of books. I tried to check for new content...nothing new.

Has anyone had this happen?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) No! I'd call B&N.

message 3: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I'm not sure technical support can help with side loaded books. They can't see them from their end.

message 4: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
Just throwing a few ideas out: Are all the missing pages side-loaded books? Could you have forgotten to eject your Nook before unplugging it? Silly question, but are you sure you're in "my documents" rather than "my B&N library"?

message 5: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kplausky) | 57 comments All of the missing books were side-loaded. Iwondering if it is because I didn't eject it. I thinkI gabbed it pretty quickly.

message 6: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
Try plugging it back in and ejecting it again.

message 7: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 221 comments all else fails, go to the B&N store

message 8: by Jean (new)

Jean French (jfrench55) | 82 comments Kris wrote: "I charged up my Nook (1st G) through my computer. I've always done it, never had a problem. Then I side-loaded a few EPUBs like I normally do.
Unplugged my Nook, went to look for the books I just s..."

Plug it back in then reload the books. Make sure you eject properly and be sure you look for your books in "My documents." Checking for new content only works for books from B&N

message 9: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kplausky) | 57 comments thanks Jean, I'm in the process of re-loading now