Shelves of Shirvington discussion

Other > Songs

Comments (showing 1-50 of 96) (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Renée (Renee_Bookboyfriends) | 1444 comments Mod
This is where you can post songs that remind you of the series or songs that Jess has mentioned in her playlist for writing the series. Use spoiler tags if you feel that it might give something away.

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments Great Idea!!! I found several by Hunter Hayes after you mentioned the other one yesterday that sort of fit and there were others while i was reading the books. I'm just waiting on my friend to finish reading Embrace so I can get it back and then i'll read them all again and see what comes to mind :)

message 3: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Yeah, Cry With You by Hunter Hayes, really fits with Lincoln and Vi's relationship. ^_^ and I'm addicted to it at the moment!

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (Ething) | 17 comments Add links as well, if you can, so we can all check them out!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments Great idea Emma! :)

message 6: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Cry With You by Hunter Hayes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ5Us6...

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZMBj...

Another one from Hunter Hayes.... this one reminds me of Phoenix, during the battle at hades.

message 8: by Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (last edited Sep 15, 2012 07:56PM) (new)

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments Renee - how about this one for Linc and Vi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6JA23...

message 9: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

All You Ever by Hunter Hayes.
For Phoenix? Yes, totally, it fits so perfectly! Awwwww, I'm gonna cry now I'm thinking of Phoenix and this song!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments didn't mean to make you sad with it :'( Sorry

message 11: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Nah it's okay, I've been on edge all day with Phoenix and all....last night at 11:30 foud me in my room sobbing my eyes out!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni4ga5...

Missing Me - RJ Helton.

I think this song works for Phoenix and Vi.

message 13: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Listening to it now....

message 14: by Steffi (new)

Steffi (The_Book_Nazi) | 449 comments Oh wow.. Cry with you - Hunter Hayes fits them pretty well. Making me cry D;

message 15: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

OMG SAME!!! and Catherine missing me, is beautiful and so fitting for Phoenix about Vi!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments There are so many beautiful and sad songs that could fit with the series!

message 17: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (last edited Nov 14, 2012 03:00AM) (new)

Although, there's one from the Embrace playlist from Jess, it fits so well with Phoenix, but more in a bad kind of way.
All The Same To Me by Anya Marina. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU LISTEN TO IT NOW!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC42D_...

message 18: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (last edited Nov 14, 2012 03:01AM) (new)

Okay, so I actually wrote a song for/about Vi and Linc in Endless. It doesn't have a link so I can't post it, but I'll put the lyrics up. :D

message 19: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (last edited Mar 10, 2013 10:21PM) (new)

If We only Have Tonight - By Renee

Here we are
It’s the last night of our lives
Our fate’s determined for us
And there’s no chance to survive
Everything that was gonna be
That we have to let go
Can we live it tonight
Before tomorrow?

If we only have tonight
Before tomorrow breaks us apart
Then I’m not wasting time
Hold me in your arms
If we only have tonight
Before this cruel twist of fate
Then I want to make you mine
Before everything’s too late
This is it

You said that we were endless
And now we’re letting go
With our powers combined we become
The heart of a rainbow
So if we have to begin our ending
I’m gonna go through with you
We can let it all go
‘Cause we’re not making it through
So

If we only have tonight
Before tomorrow breaks us apart
Then I’m not wasting time
Hold me in your arms
If we only have tonight
Before this cruel twist of fate
Then I want to make you mine
Before everything’s too late
This is it

They’re firing arrows at my heart
We’re Romeo and Juliet
Our sacrifice will save the world
Even if we’re not there to see it
And your strength is all I need
With every step that I'm taking
I’ll be there on the other side
A phoenix rising...awak'ning

If we only had last night
Before today broke us apart
I’m glad we didn’t waste time
I’ll remember being in your arms
If we only had last night
To live a life of pretend
Baby you are mine and
I’ll be with you ‘til the end
This is it
Oooh Oooh

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments That is beautiful Renee!!! I really hope i can hear it one day! You should send it to Jess! :)

message 21: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Thankyou! I should send it to her, maybe I can put it up on youtube one day.

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments That would be awesome!

message 23: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (last edited Nov 14, 2012 04:42PM) (new)

I really need to nag my parents about Facebook and youtube. They are going to let me get facebook, but I don't know when, mabye soon adn then I'll ask about youtube too.

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments I can kind of understand them being a bit worried about youtube with everyone being able to see the videos but on facebook you can set everything to private so only people you have added as friends can see it.

maybe if you put it on youtube you could just use the soundtrack with a pictures of something else like a slide show of people that remind you or linc or vi etc so that no one sees you if that is what they are worried about??

message 25: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

oh that's not what I'm worried about I'd be fine with putting it up, if my parents would let me. So I'll ask one favour at a time, first Facebook, then youtube.

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments you might not be worried about it but your mum or dad might be :) 1 favour at a time might work but asking for both at the same time might give you something to compromise about but you know them better then me so do whatever you think would work best :)

message 27: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

yeah so facebook first that's what I'm going to do.

message 28: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

All Too Well by Taylor Swift for Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiDP_...

message 29: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

I think I actually might do that Catherine!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments I love that song for Phoenix Renee :)

message 31: by Steffi (new)

Steffi (The_Book_Nazi) | 449 comments Hey sorry for chiming in here but would it be okay if I put chords to your song Renee? Not as a credit thing, I just mean as something in my spare time to work on and practice.

I usually try to learn songs but I got a little tired of that and wanted to try making lyrics so I could work on getting chords in the same key on my guitar and piano and just meddling around instead of being told what chords to play and when to play them.

Problem is, I'm not creative. I don't have any lyrical skills AT ALL.

If you're not cool with it that's totally okay, just wanted to ask you since it's YOUR SONG.

I don't want to take credit or anything. I just would love to make up a compilation and mess around and stuff hahah

I'd love to sing about Vi and Linc but I suck at words and meaning and all that crraptastic stuff :P

message 32: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Oh I already have chords to it.
DMaj, AMaj, Bmin, GMaj
Just over and over. I put it in D because I'm still struggling with F Major on guitar. I'm gong to put it in youtube once I actually record it, but I only have a camera so the sound quality's crap.

But by all mean have a fiddle around, I'm also in the process of writing one about Phoenix so YAY! heartbreaking I love Phoenix too much not to write about him. :D

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments If you are finding Fmaj hard try an F7. same as Cmaj just move the first 2 fingers (index and middle) down a string.

I cant wait to see your song on Phoenix Renee!

message 34: by Steffi (new)

Steffi (The_Book_Nazi) | 449 comments Yeah that's what I do. I play a CMaj but I move my 2nd and 3rd fret fingers down one string and I only play those three strings when I strum. and If I need it to be the proper F and end in a high sound, the I just push my index to cover the high e string and play that as well.

F takes a lot of getting used to but I think the best way is to just practice and play. It will sound muted and crap bit eventually it will get clearer after practice.

message 35: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (last edited Jul 10, 2013 01:01AM) (new)

yeah well, I'll keep practising, but I've been playing for 8 moths now, and it still sounds kinda muted on the last two strings. Gah bar chords! he he
Thanks Catherine!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments I struggle with barre chords too, especially the B maj. I agree with Steffi though as frustrating as it is it does get better with practice (in my case lots of it!)

I can do 4 different A chords and still can rarely do a B chord without not having 1 or more of the strings not right.

message 37: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

B Maj??? I just use a cheating version and only use the last 4 strings. XD he he he

DEFEAT THOU STRINGS!!!!! *rages at guitar*
I WILL PLAY A BARRE(didn't know it was spelled like that, whoops) CHORD ONE DAY AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments I love the positive attitude! Awesome to see, some many just give up when it starts getting quite hard.

What pattern do you use? I only know a 5 string version and I suck at it lol.

message 39: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

uhh, let's see if I can describe it.
6th string 2nd fret, 5th, 4th and 3rd string 4th fret and only play the last 4 strings.
B Major.

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (Jazzabella) | 256 comments I think I might be able to manage that one, I let you know how I go.

message 41: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

yay! :)

message 42: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah | 19 comments I find that the songs which are new on my ipod around the time I'm reading the book first time, usually remind me of the book when I listen to that song later. One song that reminds me of the Embrace series is Breathing by Jason Derulo. It's not like the other songs you guys have put up as it's pop and not countryish, but I love it :)

message 43: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

will listen to it! don't worry, it just so happens that the one's we put up are country-ish. Post away anything that rweminds you of the series/characters/events in it!

message 44: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah | 19 comments Also, Happiness by Alexis Jordan

message 45: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

ooh breathing is good for Embrace, that's true!

message 46: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

and Happiness too!

message 47: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah | 19 comments Another song, since I have lots of time on my hands right now, is A Year Without Rain by Selena Gomez

message 48: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

ooh yes. And also Battlefield by Jordan Sparks.

message 49: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah | 19 comments That's a good one :)

message 50: by Renée, Phoenix is mine! <3 (new)

Especially for Endless. :)

« previous 1