Hetalia! (rp & fanclub) discussion

Contests > September Writing Contest

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (last edited Sep 21, 2012 02:59PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 10514 comments Mod
You have 1,500 words as minimum to write a short vignette styled history piece. One of your character or two are to be the focal point.

One per person unless you get around to writing fifty.

Alright, five is good but we don't count them after one.

This is timed for the fifteenth of October.
Everyone is welcome to write.
Give it everything.
Your soul needs
to be reaped
from this.

Energy-less.

Have fun!

No pressure.

message 2: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

Please post here the name of the character you will be representing as your main theme.

message 3: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Ireland
((As if that wasn't obvious))

message 4: by Ashten, "Sorry, I got lost on the road of life." (new)

Ashten (coddiwomple) | 3220 comments Mod
Russia ^_^

message 5: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

I've been reading his history like crazy and just met a really juicy part however... hope you have fun!

Ok, so who should I pick? England, China, Vatican City, Native America or Japan?

message 6: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments .........
!

Native America during Pontiac's war!
Urp, or whatever

message 7: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (last edited Sep 17, 2012 07:09PM) (new)

Perfect, I'm sure that will be perfect, met with the aftereffects... I will try to explore the spiritual side as well.

For Ashy, Russian history is the literal equivalent to the literary Series of Unfortunate Events. They get so close and then pushed away, stunting generations. Search up the life and political opinions of the first and second Tzar Alexander. Each came very close to a true cure and democratic-share-of-power rule but each got side tracked... one died in a terrorist bombing after having signed a constitution that would never pass and the other had two personalities jutting from either fro.

message 8: by DestinysMaster (new)

DestinysMaster | 418 comments I'll write about when England took over Cyprus right after her independence

message 9: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

That seems rightly interesting. I will be eagerly anticipating this, it's a side I haven't heard before.

message 10: by DestinysMaster (new)

DestinysMaster | 418 comments It's gonna suck when I have to type it on my phone

message 11: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

What I do is write lines on pieces of paper and on my arms then put them together after a few days of notes.

message 12: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments I was going to do something original......
Then I decided on Ireland

During the great famine.........

Antje གརས པཅ Parker | 5522 comments I'm so doing Prairie!Wisconsin

message 14: by GonnaWingIt (last edited Sep 20, 2012 06:30AM) (new)

GonnaWingIt | 1423 comments Hawaii! xD I know her History like the back of my hand!

message 15: by GonnaWingIt (new)

GonnaWingIt | 1423 comments I feel stupid for asking this, but...

BBAM, could ya extend the due date? I don't have much free time nowadays. D:

message 16: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

This is completely understandible and I thank you fore I would have been forced to ask myself (conversations with ourselves on goodreads are such a bother, a liability really).

message 17: by GonnaWingIt (new)

GonnaWingIt | 1423 comments Foo~ Thanks!~ ^.^ I'll get writing as soon as possible!~ Weekend starts, so I'll have my story ready in a jiffy.

message 18: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Fifteenth
Got it

message 19: by Ashten, "Sorry, I got lost on the road of life." (new)

Ashten (coddiwomple) | 3220 comments Mod
I just found the most amazing thing! The Great Northern War, a huge war between the alliance of Russia, Denmark, Norway and Saxony against the Swedish Empire. It's glorious. (Gloriously bloddy *-*)

message 20: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Mi-ni-mum

^^

Great! There's no Max!

message 21: by Orc (new)

Orc (orcgoth) I'm doing Essex. (duh)

message 22: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Tee hee

message 23: by Witchy (last edited Oct 02, 2012 03:11AM) (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments (view spoiler)
Hey guys~? I need help ._.
Wwed
What would England do?

message 24: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

She is working for him, yes, but he wants the money for himself. Queen Victoria (is not amused XD) wanted to send help. Wealthy buisnesmen didn't think of the Irish as anything but taking up space like cattle. They refused American food supplies because that would lower their pay, instead they kept the taxes high.

I think it would be cynical if Arthur handed her a potato plant from his dining room.

message 25: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Gratzie ^^

message 26: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Journal Entry

The pains of hunger grabbed at my stomach. What a greedy thing it Is. All it does is take and take, wanting more when it is all gone.

Hunger can never be satisfied. Usually, you eat and your fine, but I hold the weight of thousands of people on my shoulder. Thousands of empty bellies, starving poor. It wouldn't be so bad if taxes weren't high. They get higher and higher each year. It's as if a meeting goes on in England with a lot of brute faced evils in a circle, wondering how they can make the life of the Irish a living hell.

I've already had to sell off at least half my sheep and my work horse so I could try to get money for Seamus. He could be such a pig sometimes.

I wonder why we're so helpless. Why we're the butt end of the jokes and the thing that fingers point to in ridicule. Today, I want to change it. I'm going into England and solving this! I won't stop till I do!

The Irish girl, around the age of fifteen, trudged threw the streets of London. Her head hung low and her eyes where trained on her threadbare shoes. Pale fingers constantly braided a piece of short , fiery red hair. Every now and then, her head shot up. She looked so frightened and hungry, for her freckled cheeks where gaunt and her eyes where dull. As void as the where, her brilliant green eyes still had the same luminance as two emeralds.Few other people had her eyes. Three that she knew of, in fact. They where all her brothers. One of which, she was seeing today.

She stopped at a house that stood taller than the rest. It's bit and bobbles that hung from the windows greeted her with the wind. A knot formed in her throat as she looked apon the grand house with envy. It was much better than her thatch roof cottage.

The young girl raised her hand to the knocker when she faltered. This is her house, too. But, will she be allowed in? After she stormed out like that?

As if he read her thoughts, Arthur swung open his door. Dark circles hung under his eyes and a cup tea, freshly made. The smoke rose up into the air, trying to defy the bitter chill that hung in the air.

"Sister..." He started. He mutely gestured his sister in, closing the door behind her. "What's wrong, Sarah? You look awful. Have you not been eating properly?"

"Don't..... Don't call me tha'. I'm Ireland to you. Not Sarah." Sarah refused to meet his eyes. "I want to ask you something. I need ya ta give me a break. The taxes..... They're getting higher..... And my people are....." A deep ache bloomed in her chest. Her eyes became moist, but she would not show fear or weakness."Are starving. Dying, because of the blight. I need some help."

A multiple beats of silence pulsed threw the room, causing an uneasy feeling to wash over Ireland. Once or twice, she looked over to Arthur. He was staring intently into his cup as if it could tell him the answer.

"Well?" The young Irish girl's voice hung in the air for a few moments after she said it.

"Ireland...." England looked up at his sister with pity embedded deeply in his eyes. "Please.... Let me expla-"

"So it's a no."

"I would help if I could. The queen agrees with me! It's just the wealthier side dosen-"

Sarah let out a bitter laugh."So it's a no because you /might/ loose money? Helping me? Helping a country full of people! That are dying?!" Her voice echoed threw the room. She slammed her palms on the table, all past meekness leaving her."Your
England! Tell them that the lives of thousands are worth more than money!"

"Ireland lower your voice! It isn't that simple!" England put down his cup and crossed his arms. "When has it ever been that simple?!"

"Tell the bloody queen, then!"She hissed, the tension quickly rising in the room. "You know what?! Forget it! Forget I asked! I'm going to ask America if he could send some food!"

"No. You can't!" Arthur growled.

"Why?! Will you pride be hurt? Well I'm so sorry
!" She turned to the door when a vise grip grabbed her wrist

"Sarah. You can't. As your boss-"

"What did I tell you about calling me that?! And don't you dare use the 'I'm your boss' blarney!" She ripped her arm away with a killer glare.

"Well I am! I am the boss of you, you..... You naive potato and sheep farmer!"

"It's better doing an honest job that being a pompous, stuck up, greedy man who only cares about money! If you won't help me, I'm sending them away. To a place that they might have freedom! Food! Money! I'm sending them to bloody America. And the few that are left, hell, maybe they'll be enough to form a suitable resistance!" She turned to the door, the weight of the event hitting her full force. Tears slid down her gaunt pale cheeks and chin, dripping onto a bronze locket that held their last family picture.

In fear her voice would crack, she stormed out in a fury, leaving Arthur with his arm outstretched to the door, his mouth dropped to an O.

One Month Later

Ireland stared out into the cold sea, watching the last embrace a family might have with their father. Or whole families leaving, saying goodbye to the land and people they know. How many boats was it now? The tears that where shed could have outdone the ocean.

As her country changed in that short week, she, too, has changed. Although she hasn't grown an inch, she looked older. Her hair just brushed her shoulders that where covered in a thick wool shawl. Her eyes that once glowed like a child's where now hard with hate and bitterness, and her face resembled a mask. Emotionless.

"Sis?" A voice called from behind her. A small Seamus stood, holding his mint green lamb."What's happening?"

Sarah allowed a tensed smile to curve her lips. She grabbed his hand and hugged him close."it's nothing but..." She frowned and furrowed her brow.

"Everything will change."

message 27: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments I AM DONE!

message 28: by GonnaWingIt (new)

GonnaWingIt | 1423 comments I think I am going to need way more than one post for my writing... e_o I feel so stupid.... *headdesk*

message 29: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

I will read it *already in a sad mood because I am sick and it is snowing outside*.

Out of both of your professional opinions, do you know any happy Indian/White men stories?

I have a sad, powerful story I could tell but everyone will have a sob story and you do not expect a happy victory for my poor Len. TT_TT

message 30: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Uh
No.

message 31: by GonnaWingIt (new)

GonnaWingIt | 1423 comments Argh!!! I'm going away to my grandmother's house for the weekend and I won't be able to finish my story there Goddamnit! D:<

message 32: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (last edited Oct 05, 2012 03:35PM) (new)

So, should we unprofessionally move the story up to another day?

message 33: by GonnaWingIt (new)

GonnaWingIt | 1423 comments ...Meowdammit, I hate to say this but yesh.

I'm working on it, but... >.> Over at my grandparents house I can't lay a finger on the computer because everyone lunges for it.

message 34: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments ~❀Chimera❀~ wrote: "I think I am going to need way more than one post for my writing... e_o I feel so stupid.... *headdesk*"

I feel like an under achiever after reading that

message 35: by Orc (new)

Orc (orcgoth) http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

Sammi...I'm starting to feel like sage of souls...

message 36: by Witchy (new)

Witchy | 8364 comments Sorry....
I've been a little busy lass ^^'

message 37: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

~❀Chimera❀~ wrote: "...Meowdammit, I hate to say this but yesh.

I'm working on it, but... >.> Over at my grandparents house I can't lay a finger on the computer because everyone lunges for it."

Chimera there's a word limit for a reason, I wanted it to be short.

message 38: by Precious (new)

Precious | 2 comments Nigeria! xD

message 39: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

Ah, what? XD

message 40: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

Yup, unless you have a more intricate idea.

message 41: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

Yes, that's the general idea.

You could, for example, post your 'fanfiction' on a site, on this site, on DeviantART, put up a link.

message 42: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

The time had to be changed, we have yet to instal the new date. If you have any suggestions you and Chimera could probably put up a truce.

message 43: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Roy Mustang, promise to shoot me if I go off my path. (new)

Sure, I'll try.