Around the World in 80 Books discussion

ATW in 80 Books World Challenge > Marissa // Trekker

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 5 comments Hello all!

My travels began in Arkansas with the classic western, True Grit. I then decided to travel south-east to Cuba with The Old Man and the Sea. Haiti was next, and I finished the sad-yet-beautiful story, Island Beneath the Sea.

My most recent trip took place in the Dominican Republic, where I was engrossed in the tale of las tres mariposas in In the Time of the Butterflies. My next stop? Puerto Rico.

message 2: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 10647 comments Marissa wrote: "Hello all!

My travels began in Arkansas with the classic western, True Grit. I then decided to travel south-east to Cuba with The Old Man and the Sea. Haiti was next, and I finished the sad-yet-..."

Welcome to the challenge, Marissa!

message 3: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 5 comments Just finished my voyage in Puerto Rico with The Time It Snowed in Puerto Rico. A really great novel that mirrored my years as a "pre-teen".

Am now visiting Trinidad and Tobago, a country that I never knew existed, with A House for Mr Biswas. That will wrap up the Caribbean, and from there I am going through South America...

message 4: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 5 comments Landed in Suriname with Chrysalis: Maria Sibylla Merian and the Secrets of Metamorphosis.Chrysalis: Maria Sibylla Merian and the Secrets of Metamorphosis