What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Katie (Wishing Star, #8)
This topic is about Katie
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED~~Book about a bulimic girl named Katie [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah  (jollyegirl) | 7 comments I read this book when I was younger. It was about a girl named Katie who is bulimic. She lives in New Mexico, Santa Fe, I think. She ends up collapsing on a trip with her friends and goes to the hospital. The doctor wears cowboy boots and turquoise earrings and is a woman with long brown hair I think. She spends a lot of time with her grandmother who drinks Dr Pepper with spanish peanuts. The cover of the book was purple, I think with a picture of a girl with brown hair, kind of pulled back, with a pink shirt & a pink ribbon in her hair.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Hi Sarah,

I'm going to move this to the "Unsolved" folder -- people will be more likely to see this and respond. Good luck finding your book. I'm interested to know what the title is because I think this would be interesting!

Sarah  (jollyegirl) | 7 comments Thanks!!! It was a pretty good book & I would like to read it again...if I can find it! :)

Sarah  (jollyegirl) | 7 comments I remember now that she is actually diagnosed as anorexic.

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Oh, the part about the spanish peanuts in the coke is SO familiar! How long ago did you read it?

Sarah  (jollyegirl) | 7 comments Probably 20+ years ago! I was young. I remember that I got it at a book fair.

message 7: by Andria (last edited Dec 08, 2012 02:01PM) (new)

Hmm, maybe The Best Little Girl in the World? The main character is Francesca, but when she stops eating she calls herself Kessa/Kessie. Don't remember where it's set but I read it about that time and it stands out in my memory, so maybe that's it.

Around the same time I also read Early Disorder, another good book on the same subject, but I'm almost positive that was set in NY.

message 8: by Andria (new)

Oh, and the author of BLGITW, Steven Levenkron also wrote Kessa, a pre- or sequel, not sure. He also wrote The Luckiest Girl in the World, about a girl who cuts herself and HER name is Katie.

message 9: by Andria (last edited Dec 08, 2012 04:34PM) (new)

Sooo many books about teens with eating disorders, but I can't find any Katies. Here's one more "maybe": Catherine: the story of a young girl who died of anorexia

OH, nevermind, I think I (finally!) found the right one, with a cover that matches your description:
Katie Katie (Wishing Star, #8) by Deborah Aydt

Sarah  (jollyegirl) | 7 comments OH MY GOSH THANK YOU ANDRIA!!!! YAY!!!! Sorry for the yelling lol!!!! I am so excited because I have been looking for this book for what seems like an eternity!!!! Thank you so much!!!! The other books you mentioned sound good too, I'll have to check those out!!!!

Sarah  (jollyegirl) | 7 comments How do I move this post to the solved folder? :)

message 12: by Andria (new)

Yay!!!! I'm so glad that was it! Go ahead and yell all you want, I love when people get excited about finding lost books - that's why I try to help find them! :)

To move this to solved, just edit the title of the post and select Chidren's/YA-Solved. I think one of the mods will take care of shelving the book for you.

Sarah  (jollyegirl) | 7 comments Ok...thanks!! I am SO excited!!!!