Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Lux Interior of the Cramps, RIP...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headline...

Great band, way underrated influence...

message 2: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) I guess I'm going to have to maintain my secret grudge against my brother for seeing The Cramps without me for eternity now.

message 3: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 154 comments NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I loved the Cramps. Great titles, such as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdNesj...
(shitty video and sound, but great heels)

and

well, crap no YouTube for "Journey to the Center of a Girl"--my favorite!

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, every time the Cramps seemed to come through town, I always said, "maybe next time." I'm an idiot.

message 5: by Heidi (last edited Feb 05, 2009 07:05AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'm a human flyyyyy... and I don't know whyyyy... I got 96 tears... and 96 eyes.... I got garbage brain and it's driving me insane... I don't like it, so I push that pest asiiiide.... Oh, baby I don't sweare, cuz baby I don't care... cuz I'm a reborn maggot using germ warfare...

Gah, what a fun song. What a sad thing to happen.

message 6: by Gåry! (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) Unfortunate, saddening loss.
I actually saw them once. But only once. Very memorable.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Practice in heels well ahead of time.

Night of the Living Tribute Bands sounds like a good time. What's the format?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm always looking for excuses to wear leather pants.

I like the idea of bands formed just for the occasion. We usually do a Halloween show on some theme, but don't embrace it as fully as you have. Last year we went as four phases of David Bowie, and did a few Bowie covers in our set. I was the Goblin King. I enjoyed being on stage with a riding crop a little too much; I think the boys still have welts.

message 9: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 5946 comments Another small part of my youth down the tubes. R.I.P. Lux...

Back in the early 80's, one of my close friends, whose woman had done him wrong and was so skint he was living in his car and could only afford to eat mustard sandwiches and instant mararoni-and-cheese, listened to nothing but The Cramps for three solid months because it buoyed his spirits. My parents felt sorry for him, took him in, fed him, and let him sleep in my bed while I was away at college. No, he wasn't in a rock and roll band. Laid-off auto worker... If that's not an enduring testament to The Cramps, I'm not sure what qualifies.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.