The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Last Olympian discussion

Silena Beauregard: Traitor or Heroine?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Weiting I mean, she did betray them by spying and reporting to Kronos. But, she did pay them back, by risking her life to save theirs.
I think she's a heroine. You?
Oh, and in The Heroes of Olympus: Book 1,
Drew talks about this.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Sage wrote: "I love Silena and Drew can just go to Tartarus. Really.
Silena's a heroine."

Few words are needed to tell the truth! :)

Nicole D. Both.

Astoria She was a traitor who died as a hero. At the end she gave her life for the camp, so who cares really.

Kathy ♡ hero, cuz she died saving her friends

Neal Simmons Her acts as a traitor far outweigh what she did in TLO. She did offset a great deal of it by giving up her life, but I do not believe that is enough to completely remove the taint. How many people died because of the information she passed along?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

hm...i think her case is a bit like luke's, they lived as traitors but died as heros/heroine...and er...seriously, whats more redeeming than giving up your life? she could have lived the rest of her life doing things to help CHB, but that would never have been enough to...'remove the taint', but by giving up her life she pretty much showed where her true loyalty was...

message 8: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Heroine. Yes she bertrayed them, but in the end she gave her life so that they could win. She could never be a traitor.

Tess shes a hero in the end. so shes a hero forever.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Hero and I HATE Drew btw (hey my new way to insult people insted of saying go to hell I say go to tartarus)

Faith I think she's a heroine because she did try to make amends when she died. If she hadn't done that, then she could have gone to tartarus for all I care. She made a mistake while grieving for her boyfriend and she died trying to fix it. We all make mistakes, every demigod makes mistakes, but she is one who worked her hardest in the end to help her friends who she betrayed in the beginning.

Halle She was a hero. To answer someone's question up there, I don't think Silena would have given up her life if it wasn't necessary. Rick Riordan would not have made Percy think she was a hero without believing it himself.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Silena was definitely a hero. I mean sure, she betrayed her friends, but she didn't really have much of a choice. This is Cronos for crying out loud!!! O ya I agree... Drew is the worst! :-)

Halle I dunno.. I love Drew in a mean girl kind of way. She is so mean to everyone I just have to love her. She's a fantastic character. I think it's uncanny how Riordan can think just like a popular girl.

message 15: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin I'm not sure, but you could ask the same thing about Luke

Weiting Uh-huh, and did you notice something?
Rick Riordan is saying Kronos, is the titan of time which is wrong, it should be written Chronos.
There is a difference between the 2.

Halle No, you mean "Cronos". There isn't an 'h'. In Greek mythology it can be written with a 'k' or 'c'. I checked.

Weiting Is it?
Maybe my memories a bit foggy, but it sort of makes sense. Yo see, chronological is a word related to time.
And in Greek roots, or I guess, "chronos" sort of means 'time' I suppose?
But research is research!

Halle OMG i'm sorry. you're right. it is Chronos too. You can spell it three ways

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

wow. you guys really know how to do your research!!! But I think I agree with Halle... I like how Rick Riordan can think like a teenage girl. :)

Halle Makes you think, huh?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

ya totally! do u know if he has daughters?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

He doesn't have any daughters but he has two sons Patrick and Haley.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas could rick riordan be a... girl?

JUST KIDDING!

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas could rick riordan be a... girl?

JUST KIDDING!

message 26: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Weiting wrote: "Uh-huh, and did you notice something?
Rick Riordan is saying Kronos, is the titan of time which is wrong, it should be written Chronos.
There is a difference between the 2."

No, there's not. There is more than to spell "Chronos". It can also be spelled Cronus.

message 27: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I think she was a traitor at first, when she first received the necklace. But later, when she said that Luke was threatening her when she wanted to stop, I felt bad for her and realized that I would have done the same thing, keep doing what he said so long as he didn't hurt my friends.

Melanie I think Silena is a Hero! She might have betrayed CHB but she helped them in the end. She was very brave and besides, she was extremely miserable that
spoiler!

her boyfriend died at the start of the book. Give her some credit for that.

message 29: by Azka (new) - rated it 5 stars

Azka Even though she was a traitor,she did show that she was loyal to CHB by giving up her own life.......so for me ,,,,, she was a heroine

Tracy HEROINE!

Zeterniouss Silena is dieffinetly a heroine. she was technically forced to be a traitor, but she finally made wrong to right, she died to save the demigods. if that isnt heroic, then i dont kno wat is.

Joshua Is there a mixture of the two words? Traitroine?

Melanie Hero! She died with heroism so she shall be a hero!!!!

Natasha She did betray them by working with kronos,but she became a huge hero,and died a hero.

Sienna Cat wrote: "Sage wrote: "I love Silena and Drew can just go to Tartarus. Really.
Silena's a heroine."

Few words are needed to tell the truth! :)"

I totally agree with you!

Sienna Astoria Malfoy wrote: "She was a traitor who died as a hero. At the end she gave her life for the camp, so who cares really."

Thank you! I couldn't exactly say she's a traitor because she died for the camp, but she spied on them for Kronos.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Sage wrote: "I love Silena and Drew can just go to Tartarus. Really.
Silena's a heroine."

agree!

Mikela Heroine. She sacrificed herself in the end.

Team Leo HERO!!!!!! without a doubt!

Savannah Definitely a Heroine! She dies to save them all in the end.

~Hannah~Musicale~ Heroine!! For those of you who think she's a traitor, NO WAY!! How can she be a traitor when in the end she sacrificed her own life to save the others who were in so much danger?! I definitely think she's a heroine.

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 08, 2012 05:58AM) (new)

HEROINE! She may have lost some their lives by passing on info, but she saved even more by giving up her life. Because what's more redeeming than sacrificing herself?

Juliana, is that you? Small world...

Angeline Joseph Both!

message 44: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I think she was a traitor at first, when she first received the necklace. But later, when she said that Luke was threatening her when she wanted to stop, I felt bad for her and realized that I would have done the same thing, keep doing what he said so long as he didn't hurt my friends.

message 45: by Fizzy (new)

Fizzy Nuraz Traitor. If the Area cabin had not decided that pride was more important that fighting alongside a war that could very well kill them all, Silena wouldn't have been killed by the drakon. Her actions caused lots of death even before the official war, like the battle of the labyrinth.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

At first I thought, traitor, die, but when she risked her life to save many people, just because Clarrise was being stupid, I felt like she was a heroine.

Alexandra Grayson Luke and Silena were heroes

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

They were, I almost cried when they died.

Alexandra Grayson I cried for Luke, and Silena made me tear up. When Annabeth says "Family Luke, you promised" Omg its hard to read LOL

Person Mcpersonson Traitor, mostly. Giving up her life might give her some redemption, but not enough to remedy the cold truth that she was spying on CHB. And even if her death did excuse her from being a traitor, it doesn't make her a hero.

« previous 1