The Valley of Misfits discussion

Public Areas > Campus

Comments Showing 1-50 of 392 (392 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
{This is the campus of the school. There's nice green, freshly cut grass, oak trees here and there, flowers and benches, and walkways leading up to different parts of the school. You can hang around here, use it as a transition threads sometimes if you want, whatevs. ;D}

message 2: by Mel (last edited Sep 14, 2012 01:30PM) (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Ember shut the door of the greenhouse, stumbling hurriedly down a path in the opposite direction. Her breaths were ragged, and she gratefully breathed in the fresh, open air around her. She looked down at her hands as she walked, which burned from the effort of keeping the flames contained. A ball of fire started, floating a little above her palm. She sighed in relief, tossing it back and forth in her hands. It flared a little, the flames lighting up her green eyes and pale skin. Sparks danced on her fingertips. The scent of the smoke wafted up her nose. She-
"Oof!" Ember looked up in surprise to see she'd smashed into none other than Jace. Her face reddened and the fire in her hands doused. "Dammit," she muttered. "Erm, sorry about that."

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Jace laughed softly and made sure she was steady, "Not a problem, are you alright?"

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"Fine," she said, quickly. "Just...not paying attention again."

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "Where were you heading? The Greenhouse Gang finally get to you?"

message 6: by Mel (last edited Sep 14, 2012 01:47PM) (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
She chuckled. "It is a little hectic over there. But I just wanted some fresh air. I've always felt a bit claustrophobic indoors." And there's so many more flammable things indoors.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Jace thought for a moment, "I think there's some gardens over there, if you want, we can go together," he smiled.

message 8: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
She was a little reluctant to forget her fire, but shrugged it away, for now. "Sure," she said, smiling back.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "Wonderful," He said, leading towards a flourishing garden with a bench in the center. "What's your talent?" He asked. Jace wasn't much for questions, but this had always been something important to him.

message 10: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Ember hesitated. "Fire manipulation," she said after a moment. "What about you?"

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "Reality. I control space and time, to an extent."

message 12: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"Wow," she breathed. "Jace? Does...does it ever scare you? Having all that power?" Her face reddened again, seeing what a stupid question it was.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments He didn't mind the question, "No, not really. To me, this much power was all I've ever known. To be scared of it.. it would be like being scared of myself."

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
She watched him for a moment, thinking. "I often wonder if I am," she murmured.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "Why would you be afraid of yourself? Ah, I know. Beautiful, intelligent, and powerful. A dangerous combination."

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Ember blushed, wondering if her red face would ever return to it's usual pale. She shook her head, wanting to go run and hide. "Erm...thank you," she said awkwardly, avoiding his eyes. "But power isn't always good. At least not for me."

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Jace wasn't even looking at her, instead, he was examining a flower. "Why ever not? You are strong, if you exert any effort, you could withstand the lull of power within yourself. I could teach you, if you like."

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"You...you could?" she said, wonderingly.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "I had to teach myself, so I wouldn't rewrite history every time I got the slightest bit upset. It was not fun, learning alone. I would be happy to teach you."

message 20: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"I'd like that," she said.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "when do you wish to start?"

message 22: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"Um...how about now?" she said, smiling slightly.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "Oh, of course, if you aren't busy," Jace said, completely forgettimg what he was meant to be doing, in favor of Ember.

message 24: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"Okay," she said. "So...where do we start?"

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "First we have to find out how easy it is to get you out of control."

message 26: by Mel (last edited Sep 15, 2012 11:08AM) (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"Mostly just strong bursts of emotion. My hands burn from the effort to keep the fire inside me. And sometimes it happens just from shutting it out so long." She averted her eyes. "I lost complete control before."

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Gently, Jace turned her face back to him. "What happened?" he asked softly.

message 28: by Mel (last edited Sep 15, 2012 11:19AM) (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Ember took a breath and stared at him, fiercely. "I killed my father."

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments He nodded and grazed his thumb across her cheek. "I understand. I created slavery." Jace dropped his hand and turned away.

message 30: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"H-how'd you do that?" she murmured.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Jace didn't even look at her. "I got angry over the stupidest thing, and screwed with time and space."

message 32: by Mel (last edited Sep 15, 2012 12:16PM) (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Ember turned so she was facing him again. "But you're different now," she said, searching his unreadable gaze.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "No." Jace replied simply. "People never change."

message 34: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"You taught yourself how to keep control. And you have such a calm, composed demeanor. You are different," she insisted.

message 35: by Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (last edited Sep 16, 2012 10:53AM) (new)

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "I've always been much the same. Im not different, just under wraps."

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) Griffin steps out into the Campus, the Sun hitting her tan skin and gold-silver hair. Her maroon purple eyes looked around in boredom.

message 37: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Ember's questioning eyes softened, deciding not to interrogate him too much. "So I know how I get out of control. What now?"

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "We work on repressing it."

message 39: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"How? I didn't even know that was possible."

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "It is. Just shove the urge, the emotion, the pure NEED... to the back of your mind."

message 41: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Ember sighed and lowered herself to a bench. She stared down at her sooty hands, then shut her eyes. As usual, a conflagration of bright flames danced behind her closed eyelids. She tried to push it away, mentally. The fire burned on. She tried imagining cascades of the ice cold water she so hated pour over it. Nothing. The harder she tried to achieve complete darkness in her mind, the more impossible it seemed. The flames had always been there, even in the times when she hadn't known what she was capable of. Suddenly, she wrenched her eyes open and stood up. "Jace. I think...I think I have to test myself. To push myself to complete restraint. My metal barriers are too thick, unless they are weakened by strong emotion or...Or the need for self defense. So...would you mind provoking me?" She stared at him, calculatingly.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Jace nodded, a sharp motion. He stood, slowly, a menacing figure. Raising one hand, his eyes flashed, taunting. Distorting space he brought forth the image of waves crashing in on every direction. You aren't strong enough. You cannot overcome. it seemed he said silently.

message 43: by Mel (last edited Sep 18, 2012 04:57PM) (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
She had expected him to strike her or throw something at her. Never this. She flailed in the water, terrified. She whipped around, searching desperately for a way out. Nearly forgetting restraint. She felt like a helpless human again, cowering in the corner while her father kicked and swung at her. A momentary break in the waves came, and all she could see was her father staring at her, an expectant, waiting gaze on his face. Anger burned in her heart again, and she slashed at him flames rocketing from her hands. She looked with hungry, inhumane satisfaction as he stumbled to the ground, blood flowing quickly from the hideous cuts on his legs. She pinned him to the ground, shooting fire into his face, eyes alight with discovery as he burned.
When she opened her eyes, fire surrounded her, a conflagration fighting against the crashing waves. Her eyes widened. "No!" she shouted. The fire extinguished from her palms and let the water wash over her in shame.

{'Night!}

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments ((Night!)) Jace let it disappear, "You saw something," he said softly.

message 45: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
Her whole body trembled, and she choked back a sob. She was usually good at keeping the memories away. Jace had brought them back with hardly any effort at all. And she'd failed to restrain her fire. Her fierce eyes burned with frustration and hurt and anger. "Again," she growled.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments "What happened?"

message 47: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"You saw!" she snapped. "I screwed up. Now again! Please."

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Jace simply nodded and brought back the image. "Go." Your test starts now. You're going to fail. Again. You'll always fail, said the look in his eyes.

message 49: by Mel (last edited Sep 18, 2012 05:57PM) (new)

Mel | 2373 comments Mod
"NO!" she screamed, thrashing in the water. She tried to hold her ground, but it was too deep. With a raspy, hesitant breath, she dove under, but came up immediately, sputtering and coughing. The water was agonizingly strong, slamming against her back and tossing her left and right and backwards. She could feel her skin heating up, trying to fight against the ice cold of the water. Her palms tingled and itched to warm and protect her, but she pinned her arms to her sides and shut her eyes, letting the waves throw her. Suddenly she was pulled under again, and she groped around in the chasm of darkness, her lungs already ready to burst. She kicked with all her might, reaching for the surface in vain. A scream escaped her throat, causing her to lose air. She choked on the endless water filling her lungs.

And felt fire bursting from her fists.

Call Me Dangerous ~*Your Personal Sin*~ (azali) | 2979 comments Jace watched her lift from the ground, watched her thrash, watched her silently.

Then, he watched her burn.

He saw fire shooting from between clenched hands, and sighed. The image disappeared and he took one long stride. He caught Ember before she hit the ground and promptly set her down.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8