Georgette Heyer Fans discussion

Heyer in General > Made a Clean Regency Romance List

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 20 comments I made a Clean Regency Romance list on Listopia. Feel free to add to it.

message 2: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (TheReadingRebel) | 66 comments That's a really good idea.I added Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments Thanks!!

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments I have been looking for something like this!

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments I have a few to add if I may?

message 6: by MaryC (new)

MaryC Clawsey | 448 comments "Clean"? Aren't ALL Regency romances clean?! Oh my! Years ago, however, when Gothic romances were the rage, I did read that those with sex were usually written by men under feminine pen-names. If there are R-rated Regencies, could that also be the case with them?

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 20 comments Soph, yes, please do add!

Mary, a lot of the regency novels written now have sex in them. It's ridiculous.

message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments Mary wrote: ""Clean"? Aren't ALL Regency romances clean?! Oh my! Years ago, however, when Gothic romances were the rage, I did read that those with sex were usually written by men under feminine pen-names. ..."

Highly likely! I think mostly they are clean, but I am sure there are some...

message 9: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments Suzanne wrote: "Soph, yes, please do add!
will do!
and what are your favourites on the list? (other than the austens) i want to read some more regenecy romacnes. I have started reading a few Heyer (arabella and Cotiliion) but which Heyers, and also the other on there other than Austen would you most recommend? (i love the regency era and I am a totally romantic!)

Mary, a lot of the regency novels written now have sex in them. It's ridiculous."

and that is true, modern authors writing in the regency era add silly scenes!!

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments added the books now :)
I am planning on reading another Heyer next but i'm not sure which one. I loved Arabella and also Cotillion. Of the 2, Arabella was my favourite :)
I have three to choose from... Venetia , Frederica or The Nonesuch
what do people think?

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 20 comments I really like Venetia.

The list can include modern novels that take place in the regency era.

message 12: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments Oh yeah I added some like that ;)

And thanks for your opinion!

message 13: by Emy (new)

Emy (EmyPT) | 18 comments Thanks so much for doing this!

message 14: by Louise Sparrow (new)

Louise Sparrow (LouiseX) | 410 comments Out of those three I would pick Frederica but they're all good :p

message 15: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 104 comments Thanks! :)

message 16: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 567 comments Most post-2001 Regencies aren't clean and some older ones aren't either. Everyone has their own definition of what's clean. I don't care for lust or a lot of sensuality. I don't mind if the hero has a mistress in the beginning as long as he's not in bed with her. I don't mind a little bit of physical attraction but there has to be more to the relationship than that. I added some to the list.

message 17: by Anne (new)

Anne | 260 comments The list is wonderful!! Thank you all! :D

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria | 20 comments Thank you :) The list is amazing! I cannot wait to read these books!!

message 19: by Yue (new)

Yue | 44 comments Great list, I could only add 2 more. If Georgette Heyer, Jane Austen and Carla Kelly are there, is enough :)