Webcomic Wonderland discussion

General Discussions > Which webcomics do you think would make good movies or TV shows?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1179 comments I think that Gunnerkrigg Court would make a pretty neat TV series. It's already split up into small arcs, so the transition would be pretty easy. It also has a pretty aesthetic that I would love to see in motion.

message 2: by Mike (new)

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Hmm, tougher question than I thought (although you've just jumped Gunnerkrigg Court several levels on my to-read list).

FreakAngels is already broken up well and I think could work as a tv series (HBO style). Dreamless seems like it could make a great movie if done right.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1179 comments Oooo, I would totally watch a FreakAngels show! That would be way cool. Dreamless would make a cool movie, too. We all seemed to agree that it could use a rewrite anyway.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura Morrigan (lauramorrigan) | 55 comments Kristen wrote: "Oooo, I would totally watch a FreakAngels show! That would be way cool. Dreamless would make a cool movie, too. We all seemed to agree that it could use a rewrite anyway."

Freakangels as a show! I would explode from joy! But it would be worth it! I'd also love to see Phoenix requiem as a tv show!

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Laura wrote: "Freakangels as a show! I would explode from joy! But it would be worth it! I'd also love to see Phoenix requiem as a tv show! "

Be sure to explode AFTER watching it. ;) The more I think about the concept the more I love it. Now I really wish there was going to be such a show...

On the comedy side of things, with a little bit of tweaking Jump Leads would make for some highly amusing television.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiebakes641) Jump Leads, my pet project. :-) It could work as a British miniseries sort of way, since it takes so much from that telly.

FreakAngels would be really good for me. The archives were so daunting that I only read a few issues.

Gunnerkrigg would present its own challenges, since it has a complex mythology and little bits of the puzzle revealed over times. That doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it, it's just that I could see it being ruined verrrrry easily.

QC would be like a sitcom. It would be the easiest to adapt to our current TV structure.

message 7: by Mike (last edited Oct 05, 2012 06:08AM) (new)

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Katie wrote: FreakAngels would be really good for me. The archives were so daunting...

QC would be like a sitcom. It would be the easiest to adapt to our current TV structure. "

FreakAngels is interesting, as while it was a webcomic it was pretty much written in traditional print comic style in terms of issue page count and volume structure. All six volumes have been printed now, which may be a more accessible way to read it.

Hadn't thought of a QC sitcom! That's a fantastic idea!

message 8: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh | 195 comments QC would make an awesome sitcom!

I would love to see Lackadaisy turned into an animated TV series. Of course, with the update schedule being what it is, they'd have to either wait until the comic is finished (or at least significantly further along), or release only a couple episodes per season. Still, the characters are so vivid and the art is so gorgeous, it would be amazing to see it all in motion.

And I agree with Mike and Kristen that Dreamless could be a great movie.

message 9: by Mike (last edited Dec 07, 2012 04:27PM) (new)

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
It's clearly time to gush about Minor Acts of Heroism in another thread. ;) While it doesn't have enough material to support an animated series at the moment, I think it'd make a fantastic one.

And I would watch animated shows or movies set in Dahm's Overside (the world of Rice Boy, Order of Tales, etc) in a heart beat.

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1179 comments Minor Acts would make an adorable TV show and any of Dahm's comics would look gorgeous in animation!

message 11: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh | 195 comments Dahm's landscapes in animated form...I would love to see that! And I've always loved superhero cartoons, so I'm all in favor of an animated Minor Acts of Heroism show. I wonder if the creators have considered this--if not, someone should tell them. :)

message 12: by Mike (new)

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Kristen wrote: "I think that Gunnerkrigg Court would make a pretty neat TV series. It's already split up into small arcs, so the transition would be pretty easy. It also has a pretty aesthetic that I would love to..."

Now that I've finally read some I can say I agree with this 1000%. GC would make a fantastic animated series.

message 13: by Nicolae (new)

Nicolae | 3 comments I think Real Life would be a great show. One which would randomly go into other realms after spending some time in reality.