Gardener's Group discussion

21 views
OGSG Archives > Greenhouses

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy (Kathy_H) I am looking for help and inspiration in building a greenhouse for my garden. I would love some suggestions to get me started!


message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam All I know is that hodgepodging one together is worthless. When I bought my house, it had a lean-to greenhouse on the shed out back. It turned out to be totally worthless, and I had my boys pull it down so I wasn't paying property tax on the thing!


message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy (Kathy_H) Miriam wrote: "All I know is that hodgepodging one together is worthless. When I bought my house, it had a lean-to greenhouse on the shed out back. It turned out to be totally worthless, and I had my boys pull it..."

That is what I figured. I am thinking that the planning will take much longer than the actual building.


message 4: by Miriam (new)

Miriam There are kits that you can purchase that include everything you will need once you get to that stage. These idiots I bought my house from tried to reuse old slider doors to make this, which would have worked IF they had done it right. But like everything else they did to my house, they did it wrong. I have had to remove or fix EVERY single thing they did! That is pretty bad!


message 5: by Janie (new)

Janie | 3 comments There are some really good blogs and FB sites out there. I would recommend starting there. That way, you can learn from others' mistakes, so you won't make the same ones.


message 6: by Katy (new)

Katy (Kathy_H) Janie wrote: "There are some really good blogs and FB sites out there. I would recommend starting there. That way, you can learn from others' mistakes, so you won't make the same ones."

Great idea. I'll do that


message 7: by Janie (new)

Janie | 3 comments I saw some recently show up on pages I liked in FB. I can't remember which ones though.


Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) My husband bought me a small walk-in greenhouse for Christmas last year, roughly the size of a small shed, that we'll be setting up soon. They have a great selection at Sportsman's Guide which he ordered mine from, http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/se...

They don't have the one I got listed on the site anymore but I'll see if I can find a photo some place. For the space I have in our tiny yard and for just starting out, I love mine!


message 9: by Janie (new)

Janie | 3 comments Jo wrote: "My husband bought me a small walk-in greenhouse for Christmas last year, roughly the size of a small shed, that we'll be setting up soon. They have a great selection at Sportsman's Guide which he o..."


What a wonderful husband with the nicest gift choice. I've been wanting one of these, but would have not thought of looking at sportman's magazines/catalogs. Thanks for the hint.


Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) :o) You're welcome! (And yes, I was so shocked & excited when I opened it last Christmas!) They have a wise variety of stuff, they're more like a warehouse company vs strictly sportman's, we've been ordering from them for years!


message 11: by Katy (new)

Katy (Kathy_H) Jo wrote: ":o) You're welcome! (And yes, I was so shocked & excited when I opened it last Christmas!) They have a wise variety of stuff, they're more like a warehouse company vs strictly sportman's, we've bee..."

I will check them out too. Thanks


back to top