Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Ed Wood

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments Really interesting movie with Johnny Depp in it have you seen it?

message 2: by Alex DeLarge (last edited Feb 05, 2009 07:30AM) (new)

Alex DeLarge | 851 comments My favorite Tim Burton film! I saw this one in theatres and need to revisit to write a good review. Thanks for mentioning it:) I'll wear my angora sweater while watching...

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom | 5461 comments Love me some ED WOOD, both Tim Burton's masterpiece and the original actual director. One of the best films of the 90s, I always thought.

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments It was great! He really seemed to have fun with the role. And they did a great job recreating his movie bits

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean Liota (gardenlady56) | 30 comments Another great one! They just keep coming.

message 6: by George (new)

George | 951 comments Loved the movie, loved Depp, loved the suporting cast, but most especially, I loved Martin Landau's portrayal of Bela Lugosi.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments Landau won the oscar and I can see why!

message 8: by George (last edited Feb 06, 2009 05:56PM) (new)

George | 951 comments I've always enjoyed Landau in his various roles going back to North by Northwest, but prior to this film, I never really thought of him as a particularly outstanding actor.

message 9: by Maryse (new)

Maryse (belle_maryse) | 66 comments This was the first Johnny Depp movie I saw and I instantly became a fan. Great movie, really funny. Loved the Bela Lugosi actor too, although I don't think I've seen his other films.

message 10: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10750 comments YES!
martin landau...i can't think of that role without laughing a LOT. depp is totally irrepressible in it. like alex, this might be my favorite tim burton film. highly original, "playing" homage to a quirky director.

message 11: by George (new)

George | 951 comments It's my favorite Burton film as well. for all of the above reasons.

message 12: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 155 comments George wrote: "I've always enjoyed Landau in his various roles going back to North by Northwest, but prior to this film, I never really thought of him as a particularly outstanding actor."

See him in "Tucker." He has one of my favorite movie lines. He shows up at Tucker's home in the middle of Nowhere, Michigan and Tucker (Jeff Bridges) asks him how he likes his coffee. He replies, "In a city."

message 13: by George (new)

George | 951 comments It's been so long since I've seen Tucker, I'd forgotten he was in it. thanks