Challenge Overload (PNR and UF Edition) discussion

Quarterly/Seasonal Challenges > Autumnal or Fall Equinox Challenge 2012

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) AUTUMNAL OR FALL EQUINOX CHALLENGE 2012
SEPTEMBER 22nd -- DECEMBER 21st 2012
This has been one HOT Summer and I must say-- I am really happy to see fall falling. Welcome and let’s have some fun reading during this last season before, dun dun dun...ze end. Ya know, the apocalypse. So, let’s have some irreverent fun while we can. Let’s go.

1. In honor of the beautiful fall leaves here in Colorful Colorado, pick a book with your favorite color on the cover.

2. In honor of the end of the hottest summer ever recorded (at least here in Colorado), read a book where there is cool to cold weather.

3. In honor of the presidential elections here in the USA, read a book in which there is a political theme, or a fierce competition of any kind.

In recognition of the Mayan Calendar’s End of Days thing...

4. Read a book with a Latin American, or Chicano, Hispanic theme or character.

5. Read a book with an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic theme.

6. Read a book that features alternative technology in honor of the Mayan Calendar which is based on technology from a different root then western Socratic Method science. This could be steam punk, or alternative history books, or books about different cultures (like Mayan) and the science fiction vision of technology that may arise. Another example is Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series where on Darkover, technology is based on the psychic abilities that develop on that world. Let us know why you choose your book.

7. As it gets colder, cuddling is a real good idea. Read a book where things get steamy. I mean romance or erotica.

8. Another way to warm up is to cuddle up with a good book. Read a book where the protag likes to read or is well read.

9. For me, thanksgiving is about getting together with family. Read a book in which family is big in the plot or theme. Could be “family” like the godfather or Anita Blake and her motley crew or bio family.

10-12 Pick three Halloween characters and read a book based on them. Could be scary or superheroes or princesses. You pick and identify.

message 2: by Lily (last edited Oct 04, 2012 09:29PM) (new)

1/12

1. My favorite color on the cover: Purple The Books of Magic

2. In honor of the end of the hottest summer ever recorded (at least here in Colorado), read a book where there is cool to cold weather. City of Dragons

3. In honor of the presidential elections here in the USA, read a book in which there is a political theme, or a fierce competition of any kind.

6. alternative technology: (Magical technology) Dragon Keeper Their ships are magical based on being made of dragon wood, which is actually made of dragons.

7. As it gets colder, cuddling is a real good idea. Read a book where things get steamy. I mean romance or erotica. Blood Kin

8. Another way to warm up is to cuddle up with a good book. Read a book where the protag likes to read or is well read. Dragon Haven

9. For me, thanksgiving is about getting together with family. Read a book in which family is big in the plot or theme. Could be “family” like the godfather or Anita Blake and her motley crew or bio family. Kiss the Dead

10 Zombie: Devil's Wake

11. Ghost

12 Were

Dragon Keeper (Rain Wilds Chronicles, #1) by Robin Hobb Blood Kin (The Half-Light City, #2) by M.J. Scott Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #21) by Laurell K. Hamilton Księgi magii (The Books of Magic) by Neil Gaiman Devil's Wake by Steven Barnes Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2) by Robin Hobb City of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles #3) by Robin Hobb

message 3: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 16 comments I'm definitely in! This sounds like a ton of fun. I'll update here with my choices in a bit :)

1. In honor of the beautiful fall leaves here in Colorful Colorado, pick a book with your favorite color on the cover.

2. In honor of the end of the hottest summer ever recorded (at least here in Colorado), read a book where there is cool to cold weather.

6. Read a book that features alternative technology in honor of the Mayan Calendar which is based on technology from a different root then western Socratic Method science. This could be steam punk, or alternative history books, or books about different cultures (like Mayan) and the science fiction vision of technology that may arise. Another example is Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series where on Darkover, technology is based on the psychic abilities that develop on that world. Let us know why you choose your book.

7. As it gets colder, cuddling is a real good idea. Read a book where things get steamy. I mean romance or erotica.

8. Another way to warm up is to cuddle up with a good book. Read a book where the protag likes to read or is well read.

9. For me, thanksgiving is about getting together with family. Read a book in which family is big in the plot or theme. Could be “family” like the godfather or Anita Blake and her motley crew or bio family.

10-12 Pick three Halloween characters and read a book based on them. Could be scary or superheroes or princesses. You pick and identify.

message 4: by Lily (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:38PM) (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Welcome Nairabell.

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'll join in. I've got to figure out a few of the categories from the last quarter's challenge.

message 6: by Lily (last edited Oct 04, 2012 09:31PM) (new)

3/12

1. My favorite color on the cover: Purple The Books of Magic

2. In honor of the end of the hottest summer ever recorded (at least here in Colorado), read a book where there is cool to cold weather. City of Dragons

6. alternative technology: (Magical technology) Dragon Keeper Their ships are magical based on being made of dragon wood, which is actually made of dragons.

7. As it gets colder, cuddling is a real good idea. Read a book where things get steamy. I mean romance or erotica. Blood Kin

8. Another way to warm up is to cuddle up with a good book. Read a book where the protag likes to read or is well read. Dragon Haven

9. For me, thanksgiving is about getting together with family. Read a book in which family is big in the plot or theme. Could be “family” like the godfather or Anita Blake and her motley crew or bio family. Kiss the Dead

10 Zombie: Devil's Wake

11. Ghost

12 Were

Dragon Keeper (Rain Wilds Chronicles, #1) by Robin Hobb Blood Kin (The Half-Light City, #2) by M.J. Scott Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #21) by Laurell K. Hamilton Księgi magii (The Books of Magic) by Neil Gaiman Devil's Wake by Steven Barnes Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2) by Robin Hobb City of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles #3) by Robin Hobb

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. 12/12!

Venom purple Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep ****

Endlessly ****

Kitty Steals the Show ****

As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 2 Tito *****

Year 50 ****

Odd Apocalypse

Duchess in Love ***

Fool for Love ***1/2

Spider's Bite ****

Witches
Gideon ***1/2
Jacob ****
Grave Memory ****