Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

(Self) Promotion > 16 Free Harlequin eBooks

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 70 comments I came across this offer when surfing the net and thought some of you may like this offer. Harlequin is celebrating their 60th year by offering free dowloads of 16 harlequin books.

http://www.harlequincelebrates.com/in...

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Using the same link that Karen posted, there is a link for "My Story" where by answering a few questions it will generate a personalized romance novel blurb for you. Something silly and fun...Tosca was the one who discovered it.

Here is mine using my name and hubby.

Award-Winning Writer Yz has no intention of buying into New York City's absurd werewolf legends. Until she rescues an ordinary dog shot with a silver bullet, and meets his wealthy tycoon owner, Tyrone.

A founding member of the Alpha Force on a nearby military base, Tyrone has developed an elixir that helps werewolves control their shape-shifting abilities. Tyrone has always tried to keep his distance from the civilian population, but Yz's shy nature soon wears down his defenses. With attacks on people and animals in the area mounting, can their hopelessly romantic attraction withstand their toughest challenge?

Try it and share yours.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is my Story.....

He was a poor, simple boy. She was a wealthy, innocent young lady. Though they were worlds apart, their innocent friendship bloomed into a mutual admiration. Then suddenly Chris was wrenched from Stephanie's life.

Now, years later, he has returned to Paris, the City of Lights society as an influential wealthy tycoon, determined to seek revenge on Stephanie's father—and Stephanie herself. But she is no longer the spoiled schoolgirl Chris remembers. She is a hopelessly romantic young award-winning writer of conviction and faith, raising a son on her own. Now Chris must look deep into his heart. For only in abandoning his thirst for revenge can he finally become the man most worthy of her love.

message 4: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 70 comments Aw... mine doesn't sound as interesting as either of yours, Yz / Stephanie :(

Shy Karen is so embarrassed. Her husband took off to the exotic Caribbean with millions in embezzled funds and she discovered he'd been cheating on her for years! Now Karen is broke and brokenhearted—shutting out everything except her family and her twin sons' NASCAR careers.

Wealthy Tycoon Tim can hardly believe that the innocent woman he meets is an international jet-setter who the tabloids can't stop talking about. His code of honor demands that he help her, but while he advises innocent Karen on her financial affairs and she introduces him to the world of NASCAR, he begins to wonder if he can teach her to trust a man again—and let him into her heart...

ps: what's NASCAR?

message 5: by new_user (last edited Feb 04, 2009 07:17PM) (new)

new_user Major car racing, Karen. The ones you see on TV.

message 6: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 70 comments new_user wrote: "Major car racing, Karen. The ones you see on TV."

ooh, thanks, new_user, I'm so ignorant...

message 7: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Feb 04, 2009 09:27PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments Oh lord. lol

No one knew what Brian looked like, but they'd heard the rumors all across the Australian Outback. How he'd been broken, even scarred, being a military man. How he never showed his face...until the day he took an overwhelming interest in one very special world's greatest mom.

Kate would have been a serial killer's next victim if not for Brian. The rescue gave her a glimpse into his world of shadows—yet the hopelessly romantic woman dared to want more. To really know if the brainy passion between them was real. They would have to come face-to-face if the killer was to be caught—and Brian could only conceal his body from Kate for so long....

message 8: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 70 comments BriansGirl wrote: "Oh lord. lol

No one knew what Brian looked like, but they'd heard the rumors all across the Australian Outback. How he'd been broken, even scarred, being a military man. How he never showed his ..."

oh Wow, HOT! LOL
and also... 'brainy passion'????

message 9: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Feb 04, 2009 09:27PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments Karen wrote: oh Wow, HOT! LOL
and also... 'brainy passion'????

Yeah, I thought that was strange too. But in the attributes you had to choose about yourself I choose hopelessly romantic, brainy, and either shy or humble. How they ended up using it seemed a bit odd. lol

But seeing as my fiance is a former British Army Paratrooper...had to choose military man for him. Havn't quite converted him into a cowboy yet. lol I do live in Nebraska and have gotten him to buy a pair of cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans, lol.

Tried it again with slightly different options. (Hint: Choose a different dessert. lol) and this is what it came up with this time.

Brian's instincts click into high gear when a modest stranger appears in his stakeout zone. Soon he realizes Kate—the world's greatest mom—is in danger and needs protection. He can't trust her. But he can't get this innocent, innocent siren out of his head.

Desperate to keep a low profile here in the Australian Outback, the last thing Kate needs is a military man getting too close for comfort. Not that she's guilty of anything, except her own intense attraction to him. But she's got a few secrets, and trouble is closing in. Dare she surrender to the promise this sensual hero holds in his strong, protective embrace?

message 10: by tosca (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 742 comments Great!! I only have one complaint...we're NEVER going to get to read these stories *sobs* I want to read about Tyrone the shapeshifter (how alpha male is that name? the penultimate!) and shy Karen and Chris with his vengeance story and Brian with the scarred face (a flawed hero, yay). Who doesn't want to read about brainy passion LOL Now someone has to write 'em hah ;-)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) This is cool, here's my story

When modest Jael discovers her beloved family business has been sold to male model Gerardo, she's determined to get it back - even if it means putting her career as an award-winning writer on hold. But gorgeous Gerardo sets her pulse racing, and her carefully laid plans lead her to just one place...his bed in New York City!

Gerardo makes it clear right from the start that he can't offer more than a steamy affair. The passion is scorching—but Gerardo's emotions are still in the deep freeze, and feisty Jael knows that only a dramatic collision course with his troubled past can thaw them..

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Okay, mine is stupid. I thought if would be kinda Sci-Fi by choosing Mars...I actually am a single parent with a son though...that was interesting.

He was a poor, simple boy. She was a wealthy, feisty young lady. Though they were worlds apart, their innocent friendship bloomed into a mutual admiration. Then suddenly Julien was wrenched from Lori's life.

Now, years later, he has returned to the unknown reaches of Mars society as an influential adventurer, determined to seek revenge on Lori's father—and Lori herself. But she is no longer the spoiled schoolgirl Julien remembers. She is a fiery young super successful businesswoman of conviction and faith, raising a son on her own. Now Julien must look deep into his heart. For only in abandoning his thirst for revenge can he finally become the man most worthy of her love.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments I was wondering how Yz managed to get a werewolf in hers! lol

message 14: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I don't know..LOL..i just filled out the questions just like everybody else..LOL

message 15: by Tien (last edited Feb 05, 2009 02:08PM) (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 70 comments Lori wrote: "Okay, mine is stupid. I thought if would be kinda Sci-Fi by choosing Mars...I actually am a single parent with a son though...that was interesting.

He was a poor, simple boy. She was a wealthy, f..."

Hey Lori, your blurb sounds exactly like one of the blurbs of the 16 free books on offer... can't remember the title though...

message 16: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 72 comments This is mine, I really LMAO on this one

Military Man Don never thought his morning jog in the Grand Canyon would draw him into a ring of cold-blooded killers. Or that one of the murder suspects would be Christel—the modest, half-conscious woman he found washed up on the beach… dressed in the clothes of a super successful businesswoman and dripping blood.

"Trust no one" was all the shy femme fatale remembered. But as her memory of that night came back, so did an overwhelming fear and the feeling that she was in serious danger. With nowhere else to turn, she had to trust Don with her life. And in an unguarded moment, he seemed willing to trust her with his darkest secret.

But how long could they keep their mutual lust in check?

message 17: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Oh wow...now the question is, who is going to write these books?..LOL