Bookin' It discussion

Chatter > Genres *ooh la la*

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) Hey, ya'll! Talk about your favorite genres HERE, and books that heavily support your favorite genres.

message 2: by Amber ♥ (new)

Amber ♥ I love reading fantasy books the most. Be it children's, young adult, or adult.

message 3: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) ... With a touch of romance... :)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 61 comments Mod
Haha, touch of romance anywhere is enjoyable to me provided its the appropriate kind. :) I love fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and dystopian. If theyre extreme interesting, I'll read some historical fictions.

message 5: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) I love dystopian, too! It wasn't my fav, but after hunger games, divergent, uglies, selection etc, it's kinda a fav genre now

DIVERGENT IS DAH BOMB! FOLLOWING BY A MICROSCOPIC MARGIN, THE HUNGER GAMES!!! :D

message 7: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) I LOVE YOU!!!! ahhahhahaha

Hahaha, I think Four is super hot. X)

message 9: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) DUH!

Like to the point where I was texting my friend:
"Ian, get this....I'm about to say something I never thought i would say..,...Four is a bajillion times ____ than Peeta."
"you gonna say it?"
"hmmmmmm......hmmmmmmmmmm........hmmmmmm.......FOUR IS SEXIER THAN PEETA! Said it."
"Oh wow, the world shifted there! Lol"

XD

message 11: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) Haha

message 12: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay I love fantasy and urban fantasy! :D
Books that support this passion:
Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters, #1) by Juliet Marillier Son of the Shadows (Sevenwaters, #2) by Juliet Marillier Child of the Prophecy (Sevenwaters, #3) by Juliet Marillier The Lord of the Rings (Lord of the Rings #1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Mortal Instruments City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass; City of Fallen Angels; City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberf1234) I'll read anything. I even will sit and read the back of cereal bixes. Ive never read a full biography before though nor any politcal books.

message 14: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 113 comments Mod
Weirdly, I like realistic fiction--not those lame ones about crushes and stuff, but ones about messed up lives where the main character pretends to be strong.

Then again, not to heavy, cuz I'm pretty weak.

message 15: by l (new)

l I LOVE Dystopian. It creeps me out that the earth and even the most modern societies can crash and burn into these broken societies.

message 16: by Lo (new)

Dystopian all have the same plot though...

message 17: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) They DO, but I suppose that's what makes it fun. Different types of writers writing the same thing. It's very fun to read! PS. We need book recommendations! Make sure to visit the "Book Recommendations" topic

message 18: by Amitykitty (new)

Amitykitty | 19 comments I really love fantasy and dystopsian. Especially with a touch of romance ;)

Exactly! Best genres ever. ;)

message 20: by Sandra ~aka vamp gal~, VampBookQueen (new)

Sandra ~aka vamp gal~ (akavampgal) | 342 comments Mod
My fav genre is paranormal, I also love fantasy and historical!

message 21: by Amitykitty (new)

Amitykitty | 19 comments I think that we both have good taste, Tagg ;)

message 22: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) I love Amitykitty's and Sandra's! Dystopian, fantasy, romance, and historical are the best genres ever!

message 23: by Amitykitty (new)

Amitykitty | 19 comments I do love a good historical fiction!

message 24: by Remi D. (new)

Remi D. (remid) | 280 comments Mod
im not really the historical fiction type of gal

message 25: by Sandra ~aka vamp gal~, VampBookQueen (new)

I may love historical fiction because I love learning about history. The historicals I read are all based on true events. I think Scottish historicals are my fav. and Anything to do with king Bruce is a winner with me!

message 26: by Lo (new)

Realistic ya stuff that makes you cry, but is not too depressing and has a happy ending. Plus a teeny touch of romance in it, but preferably no assault or empty feeling.

message 27: by Remi D. (last edited Nov 11, 2012 03:14PM) (new)

Lo wrote: "Realistic ya stuff that makes you cry, but is not too depressing and has a happy ending. Plus a teeny touch of romance in it, but preferably no assault or empty feeling."

I totally agree but sometimes a little more than a touch of romance but no love triangles

message 28: by Lo (new)

Remi D. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Realistic ya stuff that makes you cry, but is not too depressing and has a happy ending. Plus a teeny touch of romance in it, but preferably no assault or empty feeling."

I totally agre..."

Yeah the romance is good, but NO TRIANGLES. They make you freak out (Why Tessa, why)

message 29: by Remi D. (new)

Lo wrote: "Remi D. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Realistic ya stuff that makes you cry, but is not too depressing and has a happy ending. Plus a teeny touch of romance in it, but preferably no assault or empty feeling."..."

IKR they are soo annoying

message 30: by Lo (new)

Remi D. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Remi D. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Realistic ya stuff that makes you cry, but is not too depressing and has a happy ending. Plus a teeny touch of romance in it, but preferably no assault or empt..."

Sometimes they're good though, but EXTREMELY rarely. So rarely.

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 11 comments In this order:
Fantasy
Fantasy
Fantasy
Oh, and have I mentioned Fantasy? :D
Young Adult
History Fiction
Romance
Science Fiction
Mystery

message 32: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) I don't see fantasy on there, Vera. Oh wait, there's one, there's two, there's like a hundred. Lol
And yes, I hate love triangles, because sometimes you fall in loves with both of them. :( On second thought, love triangles like in Forgive My Fins are awesome, because she finally ends up with the right guy. :3

message 33: by Lo (new)

It depends really. Some love triangles are so annoying (Eyes Like Stars series) and some rock (TID.)

message 34: by Sandra ~aka vamp gal~, VampBookQueen (new)

I like love triangles in a book. as long as its a series and the third gets a story of there own.

message 35: by Alec (new)

Alec (downearth) i like historical fiction, realistic fiction, si-fi, and fantasy, but fantasy if by far my fav. 'hush, hush', 'twilight', and 'lockdown' prove my point.

message 36: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) Nev heard of Lockdown. I'll have to check it out.

message 37: by Christina (new)

Christina Realistic, dystopian, some fantasy, and some sci-fi.
I like love triangles as long as there's no obvious choice. There's something about each of them that makes them likable.

message 38: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) Sweet! Yeah, I'm getting really into the sci-fi thing... Reading "Jurassic PArk" right now :D

I read that this summer! It was soooo good!

message 40: by Oxy (new)

Oxy (cookiegurl) Haha it is pretty good:)

message 41: by Lo (new)

I don't really like sci-fi. Almost every series/book has a plague, and it's all weird.