Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Move to top of to-read shelf?

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile) (liannelavoie) | 171 comments On book pages, for books that are on your to-read shelf, it used to say what position the book was in on the shelf, and there was an option to move it to the top. That seems to be gone. (I know, it's been awhile, so I'm a bit late on this.) Am I missing something? It seems that the only way to move a book's position on my to-read shelf now is to browse your to-read shelf (which, for many of us, is huge), and change the position. I'd love to be able to do this from the book page again. It takes a long time to load my to-read list!

Is there a reason this was removed that I'm missing? And if not, can it please come back?

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 100 comments I thought the "to the top" button was still there guess not. When on the "to-read" shelf there is still the position the book is in and up and down arrows to advance it one book up or down the list and of course the position number so you can change the number, but I don't see the "to the top" option.

Maybe I'm also missing it. I did notice you need to have your list in "table" mode to see the numbers and bee in "reorder (batch edit)" mode to get the lefthand check box for selecting books to change their position.

Maybe someone with a better working knowledge or better yet one of the mods will come by soon.

Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile) (liannelavoie) | 171 comments I am able to reorder my books on my to read shelf itself. The problem is my to-read shelf has 717 books on it, so no matter how I sort it, it can take an awful lot of scrolling to get to a certain book in order to change its position number.

I noticed that you can still change a book's position on the to read shelf when you first add it, but if you go to a different page and then back to the book page (which moves some stuff around), that option is gone.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 1461 comments Lianne wrote: "I am able to reorder my books on my to read shelf itself. The problem is my to-read shelf has 717 books on it, so no matter how I sort it, it can take an awful lot of scrolling to get to a certain ..."

Somehow that got dropped when they were working on the new add button. It is there on the new version, but I don't know when it'll go live. For now you can only use the new add button by clicking on the link in the announcement post and it only lasts for the current session.

Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile) (liannelavoie) | 171 comments Thanks, Deborah! You're right; when I activated the new button, I was able to change the book's position from the book page. :)

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 1461 comments Lianne wrote: "Thanks, Deborah! You're right; when I activated the new button, I was able to change the book's position from the book page. :)"

You're welcome. They do need to fix a few things with the new button, but I wish they would hurry up and make it live. I'm getting tired of having to reactivate it.