Horror Aficionados discussion

Gord Rollo
This topic is about Gord Rollo
Authors > Gord Rollo

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Hi folks,

Sorry to spam but this is at least free spam and I wasn't sure where else to put this on Goodreads so I started this thread! As some of you know, I've been trying hard to get with the times and embrace the electronic age lately. It's been hard for me to get over my love of traditional publishing but in the end I'm far more concerned with building my writing career than worrying about what format people choose to read my work in. As such, I have teamed up with a great new small press named Enemy One, and through them I will be re-releasing all of my back catalogue and many new titles as well. If you get a chance, please check out their cool new website at www.enemyone.com whenever you can.

To celebrate the release of my first three titles in this new venture, EnemyOne and I have decided that tomorrow, Friday September 14th, we will be having our very first book giveaway day. For 24 hours we will be putting my Supernatural/Occult novella CROWLEY'S WINDOW on amazon for absolutely free. As an added bonus, we've also included a super rare short story that I wrote with a script writing friend of mine, Everette Bell, called Memories Of A Haunted Man. That's about 35,000 words of free fiction so I hope all of you will give it a chance. Help spread the word if you can. I'd like as many people to read the novella as possible, especially anyone who hasn't tried any of my books before.

Here is the url to pick up your free copy of the ebook tomorrow: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009...

And I'd love to hear some feedback if possible, good or bad. Cheers!

Gord
www.gordrollo.com

message 2: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Thanks, Gord. Very generous of you. Haven't seen you around and I'm glad things have been going well for you.

message 3: by Gord (last edited Sep 13, 2012 01:31PM) (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Hi Tressa, yeah life has been busy. Real life that is - been trying to make a living and all that jazz. After all my troubles with Dorchester Publishing I was a bit down in the dumps about writing and promoting books that I wasn't getting paid royalties for but I've hooked up with a new publisher and I'm really excited again about the future. I plan on releasing 8 or 9 books before Christmas and trying my best to get back in the game again:)

All my best!

Gord

message 4: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Welcome back, Gord, and best of luck!

message 5: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Oh,if anyone wants to sign up for my newsletter, which is where I'll be letting people know what's coming out and when, you can sign up easily over at my new blog/website: www.gordrollo.com

Cheers!

Gord

message 6: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks Jon. I'll try not to be such a stranger this time:)

message 7: by Jon Recluse (new)

Can't get much stranger than me. ;)

message 8: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Hi Gord. Sorry you got caught up in the Dorchester clusterf*ck. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for you, but I am glad you are back and rolling again. Thanks for the freebie and the website info. I will for sure pick up a few of your books!

message 9: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks Bill. Appreciate the support. And that's FUNNY Jon. Strange is always good...at least around here - lol!

message 10: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Just a quick reminder that Crowley's Wnndow is now listed as FREE on Amazon. Please grab yourself a copy and I'd apopreciate it you could tell your friends. I'm sure there are places on Goodreads that I should be posting this but I'm relatively clueless about this sort of thing. Any help you can give would be appreciated:) http://www.amazon.com/Crowleys-Window...

message 11: by Bandit (new)

Bandit (lecturatoro) | 8224 comments Thank you, Gord. Sorry Leisure turned out to be such a mess, I loved the books you published with them, made a fan out of me. Glad you have a new publisher.

message 12: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks Bandit!
Yeah, the last few years were a bit if a mess but onwards and upwards, right? Hopefully anyway. If all goes well, I'll have my entire backlist re-released by Christmas.

Cheers!

Gord

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

What exactly was the story with Dorchester publishing? And what happened to them? I used to like their cheap editions of various authors I like---I know they went to an onlne only format, then what? Unfortunately I don't see any traditional publishers taking their place, for horror....which is unfortunate since many of us don't necessarily use Kindle or other readers much.

message 14: by Char (new)

Char  | 13703 comments Mod
Thank you!

message 15: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments You're welcome, Charlene. And Michael, Dorchester went bankrupt. They weren't paying the writers and the artists but things came to a head when they couldn't pay the book warehouses, who shut them down by not shipping any more titles to the bookstores. Unfortunately, things like this happen to many publishers - even giant ones - but life goes on. If you are a guy who is still looking for paperbacks, my books will all be back in print shortly as well.

Cheers!

Gord

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Thanks, Gord, that's great news!

message 17: by Char (new)

Chris, if you look around here somewhere there is a thread about the whole Dorchester debacle. It was unbelievable the way these authors were treated.

message 18: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks David and Charlene. And doubel thanks to everyone who helped make my book giveaway yesterday a big success. We moved a lot of books. Here's hoping everyone checks out my other books and stays in touch for my future releases. Thanks again!!!

Gord

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 17, 2012 10:52AM) (new)

Loved the Jigsaw Man, Gord. Very original concept. Had me captivated from beginning to end. Great read. Strange Magic runs a close second too.

message 20: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks a lot, Stephen. Jigsaw is probably my most popular book but I love them all like my kids. They're all different and some are far more hardcore horror than others but I like diversity. Always writing the same things would get pretty boring - lol!

Anyway,Jigsaw Man and some of my other books have recently been re-released in ebook and print editions. Strange Macic is next in line, and will likely be a December release.

If you're interested, you can check the new booksouton my website: www.gordrollo.com

Thanks for saying hi. Cheers!

message 21: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Barlow | -46 comments I recently read Crowley's Window and enjoyed it. I have The Jigsaw Man on my TBR list and hope to get around to it soon.

message 22: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks, Wendy! Glad you enjoyed Crowley's.

message 23: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Guess I'd better not forget to post this here...

Free on kindle for the next two days - November 20th and 21st - Valley Of The Scarecrow by Gord Rollo. Also includes the free bonus short story, The Last Straw! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093TO0VE/

Cheers!

message 24: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Barlow | -46 comments Thanks. I just got it. Look forward to reading it.

message 25: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks, Wendy. It's my homage to all the great old slasher movies I grew up loving. Hope you enjoy it!

Gord

message 26: by Jon Recluse (new)

Thanks, Gord!

message 27: by Char (new)

Thank you!

message 28: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Thanks, Gord! I just picked up VOTS and Time & Space while I was at it too! They look great. Thank you again!

message 29: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Good man, Bill. Enjoy!

message 30: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 1515 comments Mod
Just finished The Jigsaw Man. My first exposure to Gord and I was absolutely blown away. My favorite read of 2014, so far, and that's saying a lot. I've read some great books this year. Anyways, I've now downloaded everything of Rollo's that shows up on Amazon. I can't wait to jump into more. Here's my review of The Jigsaw Man if anyone is interested.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 31: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Thanks so much for the great review, Ken. Really happy you enjoyed my novel so much. Here's hoping you enjoy the other books you purchased too. Appreciate the support.

Cheers,

Gord

message 32: by alia (new)

alia (alialg) Hi! I was wondering if there is any plan to release your books in spanish, I´m from México and looking forward to read you.
cheers!

message 33: by Gord (new)

Gord Rollo | 38 comments Hi Alia,

I'd love to have my books translated into Spanish. I have German language deals and Japanese language deals but that is it so far. I don't really have any contacts at any Spanish language publishers but I'm hopeful in the near future to find some. It's an avenue I'm trying to concentrate more on. I'll keep you posted if something comes up. And hey, if you know any reputable Spanish publishers, pass my name along and tell them I'd love to talk with them.

Cheers,

Gord
www.gordrollo.com

message 34: by alia (new)

alia (alialg) Hi! I hope you get nice deals in more languages very soon (fingers crossed). Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer strong publishers in México, there are some of them but with a specific orientation; the strong ones are in Spain, even then I get many books only on amazon, wish I knew someone there. Guess I´ll grab an english copy from amazon in my next shopping spree :D
best of lucks and thanks!